Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

Pearson presumably watched Albrighton every day in training.  I'm not saying CR has got it wrong but who knows what the reasons are.

There are always reasons for things, just because someone isn't picked doesn't mean there is a falling out, or sometimes even that the player isn't good enough. For all we know neither Albrighton's / Kramaric's application wasn't / isn't good enough. Or they weren't team players or their attitude wasn't correct, or their fitness wasn't up to scratch.

Is you want to take the simplistic view of it Pearson was wrong to not play Albrighton. On the flip side of it, for all we know it could have been his time out of the team that sorted an issue we know nothing about. We all know how hot Pearson was on team ethic and players supporting others etc, it could be as simple as him not wanting whingers around the squad.

We had all the same arguments about Pearson when Danns, Mills, Beckford, St Ledger weren't getting picked. People would only entertain the idea that it was Pearson's fault, it was his personal issue and that he wasn't doing what was right for the club... turned out he knew exactly what he was doing.

As you say, who knows what the real story is. My view is both have proved themselves enough to get the benefit doubt and that they are doing what's right. I've certainly seen nothing from Kramaric to suggest it will be a massive mistake.

There are always reasons for things, just because someone isn't picked doesn't mean there is a falling out, or sometimes even that the player isn't good enough. For all we know neither Albrighton's / Kramaric's application wasn't / isn't good enough. Or they weren't team players or their attitude wasn't correct, or their fitness wasn't up to scratch.

Is you want to take the simplistic view of it Pearson was wrong to not play Albrighton. On the flip side of it, for all we know it could have been his time out of the team that sorted an issue we know nothing about. We all know how hot Pearson was on team ethic and players supporting others etc, it could be as simple as him not wanting whingers around the squad.

We had all the same arguments about Pearson when Danns, Mills, Beckford, St Ledger weren't getting picked. People would only entertain the idea that it was Pearson's fault, it was his personal issue and that he wasn't doing what was right for the club... turned out he knew exactly what he was doing.

As you say, who knows what the real story is. My view is both have proved themselves enough to get the benefit doubt and that they are doing what's right. I've certainly seen nothing from Kramaric to suggest it will be a massive mistake.

my dilemma is thus, both ulloa and Okazaki have shared over half a season between them as the second striker, with the odd exception, neither has looked more then a 5/10, often less and very rarely more. can you honestly understand in that scenario why kramaric wouldn't have even been given a handful of 30 or 45 minute appearances, like Dr Pepper, what's the worst that could happen? I know what the best is.

my dilemma is thus, both ulloa and Okazaki have shared over half a season between them as the second striker, with the odd exception, neither has looked more then a 5/10, often less and very rarely more. can you honestly understand in that scenario why kramaric wouldn't have even been given a handful of 30 or 45 minute appearances, like Dr Pepper, what's the worst that could happen? I know what the best is.

What's the worst that could happen? We play him, he gets one on one to win a game, bottles it and we miss out on winning the league by a point?  :D

He could be worse than they are, hence not actually getting picked.... especially when the team is doing just fine without him.

Not sure why it's so difficult to imagine that being an actual reason. Or, as I put in my original, there is another reason other than just his ability that means he doesn't get picked.

As Pearson used to say, sometimes he would have to get rid of a player who many perceive to have more ability than those left behind, because their attitude isn't right.

Nah, it's not that. It's something else.

Must be a fall out, got to be. Bloody Nigel Claudio and his ego.

I might just copy and paste the whole Neil Danns thread from a few years ago and just swap the word "Danns" for Kramaric and "Pearson" for Ranieri.

I might just copy and paste the whole Neil Danns thread from a few years ago and just swap the word "Danns" for Kramaric and "Pearson" for Ranieri.

Haha, that'd probably make for a good read. Ranieri clearly doesn't like what he sees in training/behind closed doors, which doesn't say much for the lad considering Okazaki and Ulloa especially haven't exactly pulled up trees this season. 

It will be interesting to see how he gets on with a club that actually wants him there. I'm definitely going to be following Hoffenheim to see how he gets on with them. They're only a win away from jumping up 3 or 4 places so he's not joined a particularly desperate situation. Hope he goes and scores a few goals for them and helps them stay up.

People see players so differently.

Some see brilliant centre-forwards. Others see temperamental misfits.  

I've still got no idea why Kramaric was signed. It's like buying a waste bin and using a cardboard box for your rubbish instead.

What point is there in keeping anything or anyone around that doesn't serve a purpose?

Is he any good? No idea!

He's had less sunlit exposure than a bottom dweller in the Marianas Trench.

We could have signed every down and out on the city streets for less than I imagine we're we're paying him - and at least provided a valuable social service.

Instead he's been left in a siding for forgotten footballers like a steam engine waiting for the scrapyard.

What he's done/not done or who he's upset I've no idea but there's no clear signs of his star being reborn.

Stories keep emerging about this club or that club wanting him.

It seems to have gone on so long I think the Duke of Wharton's HellFire Club was the first mentioned!  :whistle:  

Please do.

I said something similar when people were suggesting that we loaned out Matt James for first team experience but if he goes on loan, that'll be the last we see of him. I doubt very much that we'll see him in a Leicester shirt.

If he shines on loan, then his value goes up and we cash in. If he stinks, we'll move him on anyway. There's a reason that Claudio isn't playing him and I don't believe it's because Ulloa is more suited to our current system at all. It looks to me like it's a preference for reasons other than merely playing style.

I'd love to have seen him be a first team regular as I still find it hard to believe that he's not got the potential to be a great footballer. We have faith in Walsh and when you think Chelsea were also interested, he must have something. However, I have to place my trust in the manager and assume he knows what he's doing. He's done a very good job so far!

Archived