Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
TheUltimateWinner

Aston Villa (A) - Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted

Strange playing 5 in defence against Villa of all teams but we played well with this squad last time so, whatever

 

Think we'd have been better with De Laet and Schlupp rather than Simpson and Konchesky considering how often they went forward last match, that way we could play Albrighton too

Posted

Probably gonna set up this way for the rest of the season. Interesting to see how it works today,against a team who are not gonna be as much on the ffront foot

Posted

You two do know that we only have a limited amount of spaces on the bench?

 

Yeah but Nugent's usually on the bench regardless and it makes no sense to have Vardy on there over him

Posted

Everyone moans about nugent, but as soon as hes left out the squad people start questioning it?? lol

 

Or maybe the people questioning him not being in the squad aren't the people who generally moan about him?

Posted

You two do know that we only have a limited amount of spaces on the bench?

 

What?! I'm sure I'll get labelled a hater but that's a huge mistake of Pearson to bring such a small bench.

Posted

Yeah but Nugent's usually on the bench regardless and it makes no sense to have Vardy on there over him

 

Could be the perfect game to bring Vardy on in the hope he nicks a goal / puts in a good shift to try and regain some kind of confidence.

Posted

Another game to get more familiar with the system which will inevitably be used against Everton and Man City. If it works against a team Like Villa then I expect we'll use it for the rest of the season.

Posted

As good as we played against Arsenal I can't see the benefit of defensive full backs in that formation, especially against a team who can't score goals.

Posted

Strange playing 5 in defence against Villa of all teams but we played well with this squad last time so, whatever

 

Think we'd have been better with De Laet and Schlupp rather than Simpson and Konchesky considering how often they went forward last match, that way we could play Albrighton too

Agreed. Not so much about RDL - I think Simpson is an all round better choice. But definitely need to get Albrighton in there... along with Cam, James and Mahrez - that's a very strong mid. Come on city!!

Posted

I know it did well against Arsenal, but this isn't arsenal this is a Villa team short on confidence and without a manager.

I suppose we don't know how they will react without Lambert if throw on Benteke he will probably rediscover his form and tear us apart if we leave too much space at the back. Any news on Villa team?

Posted

Another game to get more familiar with the system which will inevitably be used against Everton and Man City. If it works against a team Like Villa then I expect we'll use it for the rest of the season.

He realises its the lack of clean sheets that are costing us. if wr can still create chances using this system against arsenal, it should in theory work against villa and everton. #coyb

Posted

As good as we played against Arsenal I can't see the benefit of defensive full backs in that formation, especially against a team who can't score goals.

Gives mahrez some freedom I guess.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...