Lambert09 Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 If we complete the great escape? At this stage I cant imagine the incredible feeling of staying up. But will that feeling top promotion? It got me thinking, is it harder to stay in this division, or to get into it? Surely both are seen as great successes? Will the Pearson haters suddenly disappear ? Or would it still not be enough? I just hope our players are up for the scrap, there's a lot of football still to be played and we are by no means a lost cause.
cc_star Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 If we complete the great escape? At this stage I cant imagine the incredible feeling of staying up. But will that feeling top promotion? It got me thinking, is it harder to stay in this division, or to get into it? Surely both are seen as great successes? Will the Pearson haters suddenly disappear ? Or would it still not be enough? I just hope our players are up for the scrap, there's a lot of football still to be played and we are by no means a lost cause. For me winning things, whether that be the playoffs, League Cup, the Championship is the most memorable and while finishing 17th or above would be an achievement from this position... I just don't feel about the same way... but then again I follow Leicester City, not a particular division... no matter how overhyped it is You're right though, there's a lot of football still to be played and most of it against rivals in the table.... if people really do want us to stay up then surely they can see everyone pulling in the same direction gives us the best chance to do that
Fox92 Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Doubt it. Football/sport is all about winning and being successful. To win any league at any level like we did last season will take some beating.
kingcarr21 Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Although completing the great escape would be amazing it wouldnt beat lifting the Championship trophy imo. We didnt just win the league. We DESTROYED it
Matt Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 It would be very good, probably would eclipse last season because as far as i'm concerned we're dead and buried, so to be proved wrong and stay up would be amazing! At everything we've asked for, most would have been happy with 17th pre-season, that remains the case, even more so now (obviously). It is as hard to stay in this division as it is to get into it, neither are easy feats, As you say both are seen as great successes. Last season was a happier season as a whole because we were winning most weeks, this season has been quite depressing, ok we've had good memories like beating Man Utd, coming back from 2 down against Liverpool, but if we get relegated (Which imo we already are) I won't remember it for those memories, i'll remember it for being a pretty depressing season and getting relegated. I stated many times i'm a Pearson fan, however I am questioning him and losing faith in him, but would the haters disappear? I'd like to think they'd be happy, proved wrong (As I want to be regards the players - they're simply not good enough imo, I want them to prove me wrong so much! Don't think they will though) and eat their words, as I said i'm questioning Pearson, losing faith with him, losing patience with him but if we were to somehow stay up I would be very happy that he finally, suddenly learnt quickly from his mistake he is currently consistanly making. I think the players are up for the scrap, I cannot fault their commitments and efforts but the simple fact of the matter is, they are not good enough, we do not have the quality needed in the team, that's not their fault, but it's an unfortunate fact that will see us relegated.
Collibosher70 Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 The frustrating thing is that I believe we have the players to win games but Pearson for whatever reason won't play certain players...IF we stayed up I would gladly buy him some new sparkly white trainers....go for it..3-5-2 and attack...nothing to lose now
Stevosevic Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 It's harder to get into this division than stay in it imo.
Mark_w Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 I think surviving this season would give us a greater individual moment than anything we had last season (in that QPR would almost certainly have to be a great result/day), and the Man United game was better than anything last year as well. But the season as a whole wouldn't come near to topping last season for me.
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 for me no, we became a juggernaut of success last season - if we did stay up it would be with momentum on our side and that would feel good but no substitute for the feelgood factor we rode on in the first half of 2014
roger the dodger Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 if we do survive i would still get rid of pearson
AKCJ Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Top question. I think, on balance, I would enjoy last season's more. But given the position we're in, I think this would be a greater achievement. Difficult to say.
Kitchandro Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 It would for me. As good as last season was there was a slight feeling of anti-climax because it was so easy and we didn't even clinch it by winning a match.
Hollism Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 I think surviving this season would give us a greater individual moment than anything we had last season (in that QPR would almost certainly have to be a great result/day), and the Man United game was better than anything last year as well. But the season as a whole wouldn't come near to topping last season for me. Exactly this. Last season will remain in the memory forever, but there wasn't an individual moment that brought the same feeling as, say, THAT 3-2 against forest. If we stay up on the last day, it will be the best feeling, but it won't suddenly make this season a great one.
hackneyfox Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 I'm hoping we've stopped up before the QPR game. Arranged to go on holiday on the Sunday forgetting that all games are moved the final week.
Danizen Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 There's no way it will be better than last season. It would be special, though. Coming from this position against the odds would be huge. Last season, there was a bit of a lull between February and April because we pretty much knew we were up.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 If it goes down to the wire, against QPR, with us needing a win to survive, and doing so, it would be like winning the FA Cup Final.
DennisNedry Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 For me, yes it would. Last season, promotion (and even winning the league) were pretty assured by Christmas barring a monumental drop off. So when promotion did come, it was fantastic but no surprise. The Championship was pretty shite quality wise last season too. This season, escaping relegation would be fantastic because I'm utterly convinced we're not only going down, but going to finish bottom. Our situation has been dire for months on end now.
NotTheMarketLeader Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 For me, yes it would. Last season, promotion (and even winning the league) were pretty assured by Christmas barring a monumental drop off. So when promotion did come, it was fantastic but no surprise. The Championship was pretty shite quality wise last season too. This season, escaping relegation would be fantastic because I'm utterly convinced we're not only going down, but going to finish bottom. Our situation has been dire for months on end now. This
SpacedX Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 If it goes down to the wire, against QPR, with us needing a win to survive, and doing so, it would be like winning the FA Cup Final. ...Great example and something every Leicester City supporter can relate to then.
CKB Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 In my opinion? if we did the great escape from our position right now I'd say it would be beat last season
Guest Mickyblueeyes Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Given where we are. Staying up from here would beat last season. It would be one of the greatest feelings I would experience as a Leicester fan.
Guest MattP Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Nah. Would be a bigger short term buzz on the last day but everything about last season was great, cheap tickets, everyone in the ground was pulling in the same direction and it was actually relaxing watching us as we were putting teams away often comfortably. We've had a couple of shots of Hibiki this season with Man U and Villa. Last year was high quality Krug on tap non stop.
biggs Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Given where we are. Staying up from here would beat last season. It would be one of the greatest feelings I would experience as a Leicester fan. I'm not sure how I'd manage to get through the match but if it came down to the last match of the season and needing a win to stay up and we somehow got that win.....and to watch it with my son would erase so much of the anguish I've felt this season to date. What a day to be a Leicester fan
LCFC FOX Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 It would be great scenes if we beat QPR on the last day to come out of the relegation zone and stay up to be honest
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.