Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harwich fox

Conspiracy theory about this season

I got the feeling that the transfer budget was effectively unlimited, but with the caveat that any contracts handed out wouldn't jeopardise the long term future of the club, which is pretty sensible stuff. I think Pearson has been allowed to bring in anyone he wants and can get within that framework. Certainly smashing the transfer record twice doesn't suggest that the club aren't willing to invest in players.

I can see that kind of thing happening more and more though. A small club like Burnley would be set up for a decade after one season in the prem. If they've got nobody willing to dip into their own pockets to fund investment in players than you can hardly blame a club for considering their long term future over short term premier league survival.

Ridiculous? I've heard heard worse theories like  a while back, before MON, a certain chairman said he didn't want us to get promoted !

Do you honestly think the owners want us to get relegated with their global brand plastered all over the place on our kit and stadium? Yes, you are being ridiculous. 

It has been suggested that the club are only interested in making money and writing off debts this season and don't really want to stay in the Premier league, and will be looking forward the parachute payment,can't be true surely ?

Has anyone heard anything similar?

You f***ing idiot.

Nothing else needs saying. Close thread.

“The CIA’s campaign to popularize the term ‘conspiracy theory’ and make conspiracy belief a target of ridicule and hostility must be credited, unfortunately, with being one of the most successful propaganda initiatives of all time.” 

unfortunately I don't think this particular one has any legs.  might have believed it about burnley. but they might still stay up anyway

This is strange.  Susan Whelan actually told a friends of mine that the club were happy to be relegated this season, pre match, in the corporate lounge, before the Sunderland game!!!  Why would the Chief Exec of any business admit to this, to someone from the general public!!!  I took it with a pinch of salt at the time but these are people, I really trust. The whole thing is really odd. Why didn't they get rid of Pearson November time, like most clubs in our situation would have done? Why would they sack and them reinstate? Why spend that much in the January transfer window? Nothing makes sense this season.   I've been a city fan for over 45 years and I've never known mixed signals like this from the club. Something very odd is going on down there.  

The Thai's are not stupid in business, yet discussion being made are completely non nonsensical.  Are they being badly advised? The questions go on..........................

She may gave been misinterpreted. Saying that we aren't afraid of being relegated from a financial perspective is not the same as saying we are happy to be relegated.

the gist being that qpr getting relegated is a disaster for them re FFP (assuming it isn't changed) whereas we are apparently secure.

Its all about context. I've thought for a long time now that the hierarchy aren't scared of the drop. Of course they want to stay up but if we have to go down and try again, they are ok with that. They are in this for the long haul.

It has been suggested that the club are only interested in making money and writing off debts this season and don't really want to stay in the Premier league, and will be looking forward the parachute payment,can't be true surely ?

Has anyone heard anything similar?

Welcome back Zingari.

praps it is true. Praps the owners are getting round betting rules by betting huge back home.

They bet on wins all last season and losses all this season next season will be wins again.

And every night after dinner Elvis and Amy Winehouse perform live for them and Tommy Cooper tells jokes before bed for an hour.

Archived