Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

I never have been a PEARSON out fan but on reflection now we really shit the bed letting him stay I just believe the bloke has really lost the plot allowing his personal feelings to get in the way of running a football team as per where ALBRIGHTON is concerned most games are crying out for his skill on the ball and his crosses for Kram and as for playing him upfront on his own the poor bloke probably wishes he stayed at his old club at least he was getting the right support for him to pop in the goals !!

It will be interesting in the morning to see if things change at the top at Leicester as PEARSONS body language was awful tonight he actually looked like a broken man at times !!

**** anyone who has a go about that performance. We were in the game throughout and nearly caught Man City on the counter attack a few times and should have had 2 penalties. Anybody who says we should have attacked from the start hasn't got a clue, we would have played completely into their hands and would have been smashed 4 or 5-0. The tactics were spot on and it was always going to be difficult when we conceded right before half time. Games like this aren't going to decide whether we stay up or not, however games coming up such as Hull, Burnley etc will. Get a grip on reality, they had a team full of internationals. 9 times out of 10 that team will beat us, tonight was the same. 

He is a victim of his own success yes ..... He's been promoted beyond his abilities.

I agree. But I also believe he's the best option to take us back up and that he can develop the required skills to keep us in the Premier League in the future. It does sometimes take time for people to improve, just as it took him time to get it right initially in the Championship. It's wrong to just write him off as a clown because he isn't yet ready for the Premier League, and I'm not saying stick with him forever, but he's got a great record in the Championship and if he can take us back up then he deserves the chance to learn from the mistakes he made first time around.

Wierd , still looking at the remaining fixtures convinced we can still get 40 points! I know it won't happen but keep looking at the home games and Sunderland and Burnley away. This hope is a real killer! Will the season end like a damp squib or are we about to witness the the most amazing 2 months imaginable?

I know , I know it's unrealistic but that little bit of hope remains.

We couldnt even beat them at home.

They were were terrible tonight, Mahrez kept giving the ball away and Krammy was isolated. I totally understand why he took them both off. You obviously didn't watch the game.

Why is it  you think Krammy was terrible because he was isolated!

It`s hardly his fault is it.

I`m sure he don`t say to Pearson, "play me up front on my own Nige, that will get the best out of me"!

The subs were bizarre yet again.

I can`t believe we finished the game still playing with three centre halves when we needed to chase the game.

Surely we had to take a centre half off and go two up front, and give it a go in the last 25 minutes, at the very least!

**** anyone who has a go about that performance. We were in the game throughout and nearly caught Man City on the counter attack a few times and should have had 2 penalties. Anybody who says we should have attacked from the start hasn't got a clue, we would have played completely into their hands and would have been smashed 4 or 5-0. The tactics were spot on and it was always going to be difficult when we conceded right before half time. Games like this aren't going to decide whether we stay up or not, however games coming up such as Hull, Burnley etc will. Get a grip on reality, they had a team full of internationals. 9 times out of 10 that team will beat us, tonight was the same. 

Hull and Burnley both drew at the Etihad.

Because simple stuff still doesn't happen and stupid things constantly happen....

Defensively frail,

No control in midfield

No threat upfront

Hardly any movement from anyone which means players like mahrez had to constantly run diagonally up the field to get someone to move...

Still cannot defend or attack set pieces,

Still cannot cross a ball or deliver a corner...

Just still average in all areas... And that lies to down to the manager, we know the players aren't this bad, they don't look motivated most of the time,

Off the ball our positioning is a disgrace to football, and consistently making the most ridiculous substitutions...

It's even worse when the fans are predicting Nigel's decisions before he's made them,

He has his "favourites" and nothing changes that, and all in all he's just got a huge ego...

Funnily enough I respect him... I just don't think he deserves to manage us anymore.

You are such a great manager.

I agree. But I also believe he's the best option to take us back up and that he can develop the required skills to keep us in the Premier League in the future. It does sometimes take time for people to improve, just as it took him time to get it right initially in the Championship. It's wrong to just write him off as a clown because he isn't yet ready for the Premier League, and I'm not saying stick with him forever, but he's got a great record in the Championship and if he can take us back up then he deserves the chance to learn from the mistakes he made first time around.

Wouldn't be allowed or deemed acceptable in literally any other job.

It occurred to me during the game today that some of the people making the most noise on here - calling for Pearson's head and relentlessly slating the formation or individual players - are the same people who ridicule the ones who think we've got a chance of staying up, calling them deluded, stupid, or naive. It's also the same folk who are talking about preparation for the championship and who we will keep/lose/sign next season when, not if we go down.

What I don't get though is, if you genuinely believe we were already certain to go down, a game like tonight should be a really positive experience for you. If you know it doesn't mean anything, the minutiae of the game and even the score wouldn't matter at all. You'd be content with seeing a decent performance regardless of the result, and you'd find solace in knowing that we are still capable of playing reasonably good football against one of the best teams in the world.

But that's not the case. Some contributors appear to be both certain we are going down and impossibly angry at things that don't go our way, even refereeing decisions that can't be affected by anybody at our football club.

He's a victim of his own success. We've just transitioned from being pretty dull in the Championship to being very exciting in the Championship, to being very dull in the Premier League during Nigel's second spell. We're still better off than we were during the Sven/Sousa run and under the management of eight or so managers prior to Pearson's first run.

10 points from 66. Just saying!

I admire your patience and loyalty.... Personally I'd sack someone who is blatantly not good enough, not stick with him hoping he learns how to do his job.

He's isolated because of the managers decision to play him up front on his own.

He'll be pleading to leave at the end of the season if NFP stays.

He'll be pleading to leave? I'm handing in a transfer request at the end of the season!

Of course if we had no goalkeeper then they would have scored more, but schwarzer didn't make any saves that you wouldn't expect from a premier league goalkeeper. People are saying he had a good game because for once, he didn't gift a goal away. Says it all

Did you watch the match? At least 2 of his saves were world class pal.

No, sorry, he's actually gone backwards tactically this season. Just look how we started the season and look at us now.

Taking off Kramaric is possibly a new low.

He just pisses me off week after week with inexplicable decisions.

I don't necessarily agree that 'we were never going to get anything' - if the referee does his ****ing job properly and gives what was an absolutely blatant penalty then at 1-1 it's potentially a completely different game.

I actually think the opposite, the Pearson-in crowd are more driven by emotion. It's quite logical to say the guy has been out of his depth this season. Although I'm tending towards the 'keep him for next season in the Championship' camp at the moment.

Why? For him to be a good championship manager, get us back into the premier and then get us relegated again? Time to get someone in that can get us back up straight away and keep us here

Yes, and also the chance where James, Vardy and Nugent were 3 on 3 on the edge of the area. If you remember, your claim was that we had no chances after the subs.

My opinion on the matter is that for me Kramaric and Mahrez should of stayed on. So great we created two chances that we didnt score since subbing them both.

At 1-0 down we should of thrown everything at them. I'm not saying Vardy and Nugent shouldn't of come on, take off one of the CB's and Schlupp for them both and go for it.

I don't want him next season mark, but a very honest, and good argument in him staying.

I know how hard you defend pearson, and it's good that someone who defends him as much as you can see his faults, at the same time as defending him.

Archived