Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

Decided to download this last night and give it a go. Started walking around the narb road area and pretty much everybody I saw had their phone out and was playing the game. I spotted some flashing pokestops near castle gardens, walked all the way there, and was literally 20 students standing at the gates. After turning around and walking the other direction I decided to head towards Bede Park. When I got there, there were 10 grown adults standing next to the kids playground talking about pokemon, and this was at half ten at night. It was at that point that it started to creep me out and I went home lol

Edited by MrSpaM

Is your team just based on your colour you chose to wear? I've not really done a great deal on this game yet actually for all I think it could be great.

When you hit level 5 you have to pick a team from three choices, yellow, red or blue

When you hit level 5 you have to pick a team from three choices, yellow, red or blue

Aaaah I see.

I've caught a good 6 in the past hour just through the proper one being released. It's far better now. Sick of Spearow though lol

Aaaah I see.

I've caught a good 6 in the past hour just through the proper one being released. It's far better now. Sick of Spearow though lol

It seems Leicester is the breeding grounds for pidgey's and spearow's

Just went for a walk on my lunch break down castle gardens, the amount of people that try to hide the fact they are out playing it is hilarious lol

The unfortunate thing is, I don't think it's going to be that long before we start seeing petitions to have the app removed off the store tbh. Numerous reports of people getting mugged when they are out playing it now, and all it's going to take is one report of a young kid being attacked by somebody at one of these gyms or stops and there is going to be national outrage over it.

Edited by MrSpaM

I was just reading the BBC article about it, which gave a few tips. The only one that helped me was that when you throw a pokeball and miss, if you tap it before it disappears you pick it back up.

Will save me losing a few.

Game changer

I was just reading the BBC article about it, which gave a few tips. The only one that helped me was that when you throw a pokeball and miss, if you tap it before it disappears you pick it back up.

Will save me losing a few.

you have to be lightning quick and it doesn't always work. 

Have you guys tried throwing a curveball yet? Tap and hold the ball, then move it around in a circle and it'll start to spin, then flick it at whatever you're trying to catch. It's a little tricky at first but you get extra experience points. I think it has to be a perfect throw that hits the Pokemon's head to get the bonus.

Edited by Swiper

Castle Gardens has been good today, lots of people playing and lots of lure modules so loads of Pokemon about, I was sick of pidgeys but managed to evolve two up to Pidgeots so not doing too bad, trying to get a Gengar now

Have you guys tried throwing a curveball yet? Tap and hold the ball, then move it around in a circle and it'll start to spin, then flick it at whatever you're trying to catch. It's a little tricky at first but you get extra experience points. I think it has to be a perfect throw that hits the Pokemon's head to get the bonus.

I tried it out on a Ratata the other day. Wasted about 5/6 balls before I pulled it off. Only got 10 extra experience points though ffs lol