MC Prussian Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I must have known wed have won 4 league games all season, looked as good as clueless in a large proportion of them, been 7 points off safety, and as good as certain for relegation at the start of the season? I cant take you seriously. A scenario of a newly-promoted team languishing at the bottom of the table is far from being unrealistic. Of course, it does hurt to see that it's us.
Tielemans63 Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Also a fair point. You have to take the plunge with managers at the right time though. Another year of good management and he might be in the Prem with another club or targeted by Prem clubs. It would be a gamble. The question is whether Pearson's lost enough support among fans and players to merit it. I've always linked Pearson with his squad - the two go together. He can rebuild. He's done it before. I remember the days when he came back and nobody could envisage him ever dropping Wellens, King and Gallagher but he did. This time is a bit different though with the number of long term contracts handed out to players he hasn't used much this season. I don't know where that leaves his relationship with a lot of our squad. I agree with you completely on this score. If he keeps his job then he does face a huge challenge to rebuild again - I think he can but I wouldn't blame the owners one bit if they felt the damage had already been done.
oohaahmustafa Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 God some of you seem to revel in the fact it's going wrong. I for one hope Pearson stays. Stability is good. Give him time. If we go down , no better man for the job. (See last year) Come back up with lessons learned. I hope we pull if a miracle and stay up just too see all you ***** sat in the stand as we are all dancing round the walkers pitch. Blue Army!
Guest Col city fan Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 God some of you seem to revel in the fact it's going wrong. I for one hope Pearson stays. Stability is good. Give him time. If we go down , no better man for the job. (See last year) Come back up with lessons learned. I hope we pull if a miracle and stay up just too see all you ***** sat in the stand as we are all dancing round the walkers pitch. Blue Army! I suggest that the fans of Villa, Palace and West Brom would argue your contention that 'stability is good'. That's possibly the biggest myth in football, with one or two exceptions.
Jaspa Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I suggest that the fans of Villa, Palace and West Brom would argue your contention that 'stability is good'. That's possibly the biggest myth in football, with one or two exceptions. I think you're misinterpreting what stable means ((of an object or structure) not likely to give way or overturn; firmly fixed.) Stability is an indicator of a healthy well run club, whether that is us is another matter. You could only know by being in the operation of the club
Swiss_tony Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 God some of you seem to revel in the fact it's going wrong. I for one hope Pearson stays. Stability is good. Give him time. If we go down , no better man for the job. (See last year) Come back up with lessons learned. I hope we pull if a miracle and stay up just too see all you ***** sat in the stand as we are all dancing round the walkers pitch. Blue Army! what about the year before where he messed it up and couldn't get us off a 4 month streak of rubbish, or the year before that where he bottled it against cardiff in the playof semi first leg? one out of three is no guarantee of an immediate return. we need a new approach from a new man, and give him plenty of time to build up a squad capable of getting promotion and staying in the prem. nige only completed half of his remit.
Monsell1976 Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Eh? This is a young, Championship side that Nigel Pearson is developing. Peter Taylor took over an experienced Premier League side and dismantled it. No comparison whatsoever. I wouldn't say he's got a young side, see the ages of the starting 11 Saturday.Not that many I would say we're that young and developing, schlupp maybe, James maybe, and kramaric. Some mid to late 20's, and the rest 30 +, who won't probably get any better at their ages. Pearson has abandoned the young talent, that may never make the step up, drinkwater, Moore and the likes.
oohaahmustafa Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 what about the year before where he messed it up and couldn't get us off a 4 month streak of rubbish, or the year before that where he bottled it against cardiff in the playof semi first leg? one out of three is no guarantee of an immediate return. we need a new approach from a new man, and give him plenty of time to build up a squad capable of getting promotion and staying in the prem. nige only completed half of his remit. Well he did get us off the four month streak with what is currently and probably always will be the best Leicester game I've ever been too. And wot how did he bottle it against cardiff? Pretty sure he didn't take a peno. Anyway, these arguments are pointless and have no effect on what will happen. Hope he stays. Hope we stay up. Stop whining and support the team. Who are we? BLUE ARMY!
Swiss_tony Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Well he did get us off the four month streak with what is currently and probably always will be the best Leicester game I've ever been too. And wot how did he bottle it against cardiff? Pretty sure he didn't take a peno. Anyway, these arguments are pointless and have no effect on what will happen. Hope he stays. Hope we stay up. Stop whining and support the team. Who are we? BLUE ARMY! he got us off it only enough for us to scrape into the playoffs when we were cruising in an automatic slot in Jan of that year. in the first leg against cardiff he played a super defensive line-up at home (sound familiar?) leaving us with too much to do in the away leg. but if you want to ignore history that's fine, you'll just be doomed to repeat it.
Swiss_tony Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 bottled it against Cardiff yes with a super defensive line-up in the first leg, leaving us with too much to do in the second. i can't help it if you don't understand football can i.
Jaspa Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Whittingham knocked that ball forward a good seven yards and Webb didnt notice, Weale still might've had it though. Second leg you cant complain, we did well to come back into it and put it to them, only pens did us. I'd consider both out Playoff missions successful just by getting there anyway, first one was based off a League 1 team the other was fighting out of bad form to redeem ourselves as a good side.
Tuna Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I can only suggest that compensation issues are the reason. I would imagine there would be a break clause if the club was relegated in his contract. As we are already down, it probably seems pointless to the owners to get rid of him now when they could save £4 million by waiting a few months. As soon as the R is next to our name, he'll be out.
Jaspa Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I can only suggest that compensation issues are the reason. I would imagine there would be a break clause if the club was relegated in his contract. As we are already down, it probably seems pointless to the owners to get rid of him now when they could save £4 million by waiting a few months. As soon as the R is next to our name, he'll be out. They normally pay up the contact. So the rest of the money hes in for. I dont know all of his contract stipulations but I'd doubt he'd get extra money for being sacked, why would the club sign that?
Bob Weasel Fox Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I can only suggest that compensation issues are the reason. I would imagine there would be a break clause if the club was relegated in his contract. As we are already down, it probably seems pointless to the owners to get rid of him now when they could save £4 million by waiting a few months. As soon as the R is next to our name, he'll be out.Surely it's potentially worth far more than 4 mill if we get rid now and manage to stay up (should of been done in November really)
Dan Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I disagree with this notion that you have to identify the perfect candidate based on the number of promotions they've won or whatever. If you had to have achieved something before every time you went for a job, you'd never get one in the first place and nobody would ever become employed. Pearson was a pretty unpopular appointment first time around if I remember correctly. If I had to pick someone, it would be Warburton. His commitment to the club as a whole at Brentford seems impressive from an outside view, seems to play good football and develops young players. Just because he hasn't won the Championship and Pearson has doesn't necessarily mean he shouldn't be considered. Some interesting stuff about him in Nowhere Men, the Michael Calvin book about scouting. Absolutely spot on. Warburton ticks the most boxes for me. He might fail but so might anyone. He encourages good football, promotes younger players and has undoubtedly done a great job at Brentford. Yes he's fairly inexperienced but he's a gamble I'd be very happy for us to take.
Donut Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I think if you look at past records, then none of the managers at the top of the championship had much pedigree, or certainly not at that level. You can be highly surprised when a man like a Karanka, Alex Neill, Jokanovic, Warburton shows up without a glittering array of experience, but proves to be an excellent manager.
5waller5 Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 because.... they have rich new owners a 3 year promotion plan Np is a local lad I'd rather him next season then risk or guess with another manager. Ask your self.....'IF' we are in the championship next season would you rather have NP or a new manager? a new manager a new manager a new manager a new manager a new manager
MHC Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 The simple fact of the matter is that we have 10 games left, 6 at home against very much beatable opposition. And we stand a far better chance of staying up with someone other then Pearson in charge. It's worked for West Brom, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa. Pearson has had the whole season so far to turn around our fortunes and he has failed to do so. If the owners don't act then that shows lack of ambition. We aren't down yet but we need to act quickly because Pearson will most certainly get us indefinitely relegated.
Swiss_tony Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 because.... they have rich new owners a 3 year promotion plan Np is a local lad I'd rather him next season then risk or guess with another manager. Ask your self.....'IF' we are in the championship next season would you rather have NP or a new manager? you don't quite get FFP do you. rich owners don't matter with FFP, because you're judged on losses against turnover. i don't give a tinkers cuss if he goes to wednesday. we need a new bloke.
red5 Posted 17 March 2015 Author Posted 17 March 2015 It's now Tuesday and still no sign of him gone, What are our owners doing? We also need someone who can run the club.
the-blue-wildabeast Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 name me the games we have been pathetic in? because the ones I've been watching its not that many an we have certenly played well in more then we have been poor That's clearly bollocks. Go through the fixture list this season and be honest, we have played 'well' in 3/4 games, done well in 'patches' in other games but by and large been pretty bad, largely down to bizarre formations, selections (his favourites) and sub's. No one spends most of the season rock bottom and only wins 4 games 'playing well'. Utter nonsense to suggest otherwise.
the-blue-wildabeast Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 Taking NP out of the equation for a minute I have yet to see one suggestion of a replacement that is both realistic and a clear improvement on Nige. MON - Not going to happen, he's only just into a contract with Ireland, a job share is not much use to us Big Sam - the guy thinks he should be managing at the highest level - there is no chance he'd take the LCFC job Mark Warburton - The guy has achieved one promotion...that's literally it. Eddie Howe - Not going to leave Bournemouth now, plus he seems like one of those guys who's awesome for a club he loves - was average at Burnley Tony Pulis - he didn't come here, he may never have come here, who knows? Either way he won't be here anytime soon. Get the **** over it. Tim Sherwood - As above Karl Robinson - Despite the plaudits he's recieved he's probably underachieved slightly at MK Dons If anyone has a genuinely plausible suggestion then fair play but the only one I can think of is maybe Aitor Karanka but that would only be if Boro don't get promoted and at that point do you still want him? It's all well and good giving NP the boot but there's no-one out there you think 'yeah - he'd be perfect for us'. Nigel Adkins. Didn't quite work out or maybe not given long enough at Reading but the job he did at Southampton and Scunthorpe was awesome.
Callabinho Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 Nigel's damaged the club, can you imagine him in the summer, "Hey Danny, Deano, Kingy, Knocky, Albrighton, Wood, and Liam me old mukkas, I thought you were shite last season, but this season I want you to be an integral part of our promotion push, what say you"....he will be told to bollocks, sometimes no matter how successful you are somewhere you can always outstay your welcome. If we had been fighting all season, putting 110% into every game, Nige trying everything to keep us up, I wouldn't have a problem with him staying in charge however, he has been winging and whining like a little girl, insulted people, assaulted people, made outrageous comments which have now backfired on him re "we are a far superior club to Burnley on every level", refuses to speak to local media which is ultimately US. The guy has far outstayed his welcome, I couldn't give a shit about the league one season, or last season, I think he's a twat and I haven't an ounce of respect for the man.
Webbo Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 Looks like Dick Advocaat is taking over Sunderland until the end of the season.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.