Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
red5

Poyet gone, why not Pearson?

Recommended Posts

Posted

because....

they have rich new owners

a 3 year promotion plan

Np is a local lad

 

I'd rather him next season then risk or guess with another manager.

 

 Ask your self.....'IF' we are in the championship next season would you rather have NP or a new manager?

 

I think its evident id rather have a new manager, with some new ideas and new impetus.

 

Sure, Nigel Pearson has had past success, and im not denying that, i admire his achievements in the past. But id love a new direction, new ideas, and new football off the back of this season.

 

Not all the successful teams in the championship have these mythical exerienced, "seen it done it" managers in charge. Look at Aitor Karanka and Slavisa Jokanovic

Posted

name me the games we have been pathetic in? because the ones I've been watching its not that many an we have certenly played well in more then we have been poor

Chiefly:

Shrewsbury home

Palace away

Sunderland home

Palace home

Villa F.A. Cup

Last Saturday against Hull. 

 

No, we haven't 'certenly played well in more then we have been poor' 

 

Truthfully, how long have you been watching and supporting this club? I'm guessing that this is around about your third season. Take off your blue tinted spectacles and familiarise yourself with some history of this club. Your expectations are very low.

Posted

name me the games we have been pathetic in? because the ones I've been watching its not that many an we have certenly played well in more then we have been poor

 

I've said we've been pathetic most of this season - I said it as passing comment, but i've just gone through the games and doing that has made me realise we've been more pathetic than I actually thought - It's disgracful the amount of games we've been so bad in.

 

Shrewsbury (Home) -  Albeit a cup game.

Stoke (Away) - Ok we won - ironic, I'd take being awful and winning, shame we've not done it more often.

Crystal Palace (Away)

Burnley (Home) - Disgracfully awful, we were lucky to draw really.

Newcastle (Away) - We got Newcastle's season up and running

Swansea (Away) - Probably the worst of them all.

West brom (Home) - We really were pathetic.

Villa (Away) - Never been so pissed off after an away game.

West ham away - Again I was fuming.

Hull (Away) - I didn't go but apparently we were shit, again ironically we won.

Stoke (Home) - Awful.

Villa (Away - Cup) - Bleeding joke.

Hull (Home)

Posted

I've said we've been pathetic most of this season - I said it as passing comment, but i've just gone through the games and doing that has made me realise we've been more pathetic than I actually thought - It's disgracful the amount of games we've been so bad in.

Shrewsbury (Home) - Albeit a cup game.

Stoke (Away) - Ok we wonwon - ironic, I'd take being awful and winning, shame we've not done it more often.

Crystal Palace (Away)

Burnley (Home) - Disgracfully awful, we were lucky to draw really.

Newcastle (Away) - We got Newcastle's season up and running

Swansea (Away) - Probably the worst of them all.

West brom (Home) - We really were pathetic.

Villa (Away) - Never been so pissed off after an away game.

West ham away - Again I was fuming.

Hull (Away) - I didn't go but apparently we were shit, again ironically we won.

Stoke (Home) - Awful.

Villa (Away - Cup) - Bleeding joke.

Hull (Home)

But i think that shows when the going gets tough and we are expected to lose some reason we play better. I dont think this weekend will be the last of our season.... typical we will win and keep us hanging on just a lil bit more

Posted

Before I even seen this thread and heard about Poyet I was asking myself the same question.

Our form is unbelievable! No other manager at any team in this league would get the chances that Pearson has had!

Posted

But i think that shows when the going gets tough and we are expected to lose some reason we play better. I dont think this weekend will be the last of our season.... typical we will win and keep us hanging on just a lil bit more

 

Which is even more frustrating and a question i'd really like answering.

 

I said it the other day, what is it? Is it the players not getting up for the 'lesser' games, the games we stand a chance of winning? Which I don't understand because they went to the likes of Yeovil, Blackpool, Bournemouth, Huddersfield (No disrespect to those teams) and won last year.

 

I don't care if we're playing well against the top teams but being 'unlucky to lose', especially if it's the case we're playing shit and more importantly losing in the games we should stand a chance in and looking to win.

Posted

You keep using this phrase "by your logic" but I don't think you understand the concept of logic.

 

But keep believing that sacking Nige will improve the results if it helps you sleep at night.

 

Fact is that the squad isn't ready.

 

Considering we picked up the second highest points tally in the second tier, have spent a good £20mil on players, added Esteban Cambiasso amongst others, that isn't an excuse. We should have absolutely been ready for a fairly comfortable survival in my opinion. We've blown this good and proper and Pearson is the main reason.

Posted

Chiefly:

Shrewsbury home

Palace away

Sunderland home

Palace home

Villa F.A. Cup

Last Saturday against Hull. 

 

No, we haven't 'certenly played well in more then we have been poor' 

 

Truthfully, how long have you been watching and supporting this club? I'm guessing that this is around about your third season. Take off your blue tinted spectacles and familiarise yourself with some history of this club. Your expectations are very low.

Truth be told not a bad not a bad guess at 3 years but full on supporting its the 4th season.

 

But history is history its about now..... forest and leeds are all about there history... but we live in today not yesteryear.

 

we are expected to be out classed we have just been promoted! that's what I don't get we all said we would take 17th at the end of the season.. so if people expected us to win another 5/6/7 games then I would think that is more blue tinted specticles

Posted

Considering we picked up the second highest points tally in the second tier, have spent a good £20mil on players, added Esteban Cambiasso amongst others, that isn't an excuse. We should have absolutely been ready for a fairly comfortable survival in my opinion. We've blown this good and proper and Pearson is the main reason.

Just because it is your opinion, doesn't mean it is necessarily a fact that we should survive. Many of the pundits and experts suggested we would get relegated, or at the very best be in a relegation scrap. Just because we were so good last year the expectation of most fans was far too high, and this was added too with the good early season results whilst we were riding the momentum wave.

 

I expected us to struggle, not to be adrift as we are but to be struggling. I thought the players who played well in the Championship would take a while to adapt, which has proven to be the case for most. 

As for the list of games we have been 'pathetic' I would probably count 6 maximum (2 of which were cup games.) 

Posted

Truth be told not a bad not a bad guess at 3 years but full on supporting its the 4th season.

 

But history is history its about now..... forest and leeds are all about there history... but we live in today not yesteryear.

 

we are expected to be out classed we have just been promoted! that's what I don't get we all said we would take 17th at the end of the season.. so if people expected us to win another 5/6/7 games then I would think that is more blue tinted specticles

Well I applaud your honesty - and that wasn't meant to be a condescending comment, but I genuinely can tell that you have yet to see a great City side in harmony with strong astute management. I agree that we must live in the present, but I made the same point when a member on here suggested that this year Jeff Schlupp has made the LW role 'his own'. Your assessment of our performances this season are generous to say the least. Given your enthusiasm, had you have been around in the late 90's for example instead of being simply a stain on your Dad's Yfronts, I think you may have shot your load just purchasing a pre-match programme.

Posted

Heard on the radio driving home from work that a Prem manager had been sacked....hoping it was Pearson ...alas.... :(

 

Imagine being sad that the manager of your club hasn't been sacked.

 

Hang your head in shame for **** sake.

Posted

Well I applaud your honesty - and that wasn't meant to be a condescending comment, but I genuinely can tell that you have yet to see a great City side in harmony with strong astute management. I agree that we must live in the present, but I made the same point when a member on here suggested that this year Jeff Schlupp has made the LW role 'his own'. Your assessment of our performances this season are generous to say the least. Given your enthusiasm, had you have been around in the late 90's for example instead of being simply a stain on your Dad's Yfronts, I think you may have shot your load just purchasing a pre-match programme.

This ..........totally classic ...........lol lol

Posted

Just because it is your opinion, doesn't mean it is necessarily a fact that we should survive. Many of the pundits and experts suggested we would get relegated, or at the very best be in a relegation scrap. Just because we were so good last year the expectation of most fans was far too high, and this was added too with the good early season results whilst we were riding the momentum wave.

 

I expected us to struggle, not to be adrift as we are but to be struggling. I thought the players who played well in the Championship would take a while to adapt, which has proven to be the case for most. 

As for the list of games we have been 'pathetic' I would probably count 6 maximum (2 of which were cup games.) 

 

Given that Burnley are looking a half decent bet to survive (a significantly better one than us at least) I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest that we should've made a better fist of it.

 

The same 'experts' who were pretty much all writing QPR to survive. They're about as shit as we are.

 

The same 'experts' who were largely putting it down to our lack of experienced players - well, you can't say that isn't the case now, and what exactly has changed?

 

We've totally ripped up our identity and as a result, we are shit. Five at the back, the majority of the few players who have actually performed to a satisfactory level ommitted, three shots on target (with none of them coming in the final twenty when they had ten men) and no goals at home for the sixth time in nine games, against a poor Hull side missing a couple of their best players, is totally unacceptable and I've finally had enough.

 

We have under-achieved immensely this season. I wouldn't be calling for Pearson if we were 18th, but we are, and we'll do well to even hit that height again this season. An absolute chance blown.

Posted

name me the games we have been pathetic in? because the ones I've been watching its not that many an we have certenly played well in more then we have been poor

All the games we have played against the teams we should be beating.

Villa, West Brom, Sunderland, QPR & Burnley those games were pathetic.

Posted

Just because it is your opinion, doesn't mean it is necessarily a fact that we should survive. Many of the pundits and experts suggested we would get relegated, or at the very best be in a relegation scrap. Just because we were so good last year the expectation of most fans was far too high, and this was added too with the good early season results whilst we were riding the momentum wave.

 

I expected us to struggle, not to be adrift as we are but to be struggling. I thought the players who played well in the Championship would take a while to adapt, which has proven to be the case for most. 

As for the list of games we have been 'pathetic' I would probably count 6 maximum (2 of which were cup games.) 

 

Who cares about pundit' predictions? did people predict Southampton would be challenging for a Champions League spot?

 

Managing probably 1 or 2 genuine efforts on goal in a must win game is pathetic, as is our recruitment this season, a 5 man back line..........i could go on

Posted

The same squad that finished above QPR and Burnley?

 

The same squad that got a Champions League Winner and had £20million spent on it?

 

If it's not ready with those upgrades then whose fault is that?

But we haven't got exactly the same squad, have we - with all the chopping and changing in terms of formation and personnel under the guidance of an inexperienced PL manager, can't you see?

Some of the cornerstones of last season simply couldn't deliver in the Premier League (I'm thinking Morgan, Moore, De Laet, Vardy, Drinkwater, King or James, etc.) or were in parts injured, we couldn't attract a lot of experienced players last summer (for whatever reason) and with Pearson at the helm, who'd rather play it safe that run into the opposition's knife, this is what we've got so far.

 

And what's that part about Cambiasso - where's that £20m coming from? In what context?

Posted

But we haven't got exactly the same squad, have we - with all the chopping and changing in terms of formation and personnel under the guidance of an inexperienced PL manager, can't you see?

Some of the cornerstones of last season simply couldn't deliver in the Premier League (I'm thinking Morgan, Moore, De Laet, Vardy, Drinkwater, King or James, etc.) or were in parts injured, we couldn't attract a lot of experienced players last summer (for whatever reason) and with Pearson at the helm, who'd rather play it safe that run into the opposition's knife, this is what we've got so far.

 

And what's that part about Cambiasso - where's that £20m coming from? In what context?

 

So you say the chopping and changing of personnel and formation is a reason for us failing, but the man who did the chopping and changing isnt at fault for doing that.

 

The £20 million is clearly about buying two underperforming strikers isnt it.

 

But do you build a house from the roof down, or the ground up?

 

Were now lumbered with an old, terrible back line, which has been the basis of most of the problems in the team.

 

And you dont hold Pearson responsible for this.

Posted

But we haven't got exactly the same squad, have we - with all the chopping and changing in terms of formation and personnel under the guidance of an inexperienced PL manager, can't you see?

Some of the cornerstones of last season simply couldn't deliver in the Premier League (I'm thinking Morgan, Moore, De Laet, Vardy, Drinkwater, King or James, etc.) or were in parts injured, we couldn't attract a lot of experienced players last summer (for whatever reason) and with Pearson at the helm, who'd rather play it safe that run into the opposition's knife, this is what we've got so far.

 

And what's that part about Cambiasso - where's that £20m coming from? In what context?

 

You must be on the wind up.  :D

 

I'm not biting. 

Posted

So you say the chopping and changing of personnel and formation is a reason for us failing, but the man who did the chopping and changing isnt at fault for doing that.

 

The £20 million is clearly about buying two underperforming strikers isnt it.

 

But do you build a house from the roof down, or the ground up?

 

Were now lumbered with an old, terrible back line, which has been the basis of most of the problems in the team.

 

And you dont hold Pearson responsible for this.

Am I saying he's doing it deliberately so he can harm the club or its fans? No.

Am I implying he's had to do it because his hands were/have been tied to a certain extent? Yes.

Am I also aware that he's not the sole person responsible for the current situation? Yes.

 

Our defense was part of the issue, but not THE issue. We've never been trounced score-wise. Individual mistakes from some of our allegedly most experienced players have in parts cost us dearly, too. We've got a weak and largely inexperienced squad with an inexperienced manager at the top.

Surely you must've known it could come to this with all these prerequisites as early as the beginning of the season?

 

We've witnessed similar developments under Pearson in the Championship (with smaller amounts of money involved). It took him a while to deliver (years, some may argue). And the initial response from a portion of the fanbase was comparable to today's.

Posted

Imagine being sad that the manager of your club hasn't been sacked.

 

Hang your head in shame for **** sake.

Hopefully I'll be hanging my head in shame tomorrow or at worst next Monday.

 

Never want people to lose their jobs but he won't be potless and sounds like SW will employ him.

Posted

 

Fact is that the squad isn't ready.

That was the excuse after we lost to Watford in the play offs. Then we dicked everyone in the championship and they were ready. Then we're shit in the Prem and they're not ready.

Bullshit.

#pearsonout

Posted

Maybe the owners aren't that fussed we go down.  Nice little payoff from parachute payments to recoup some of their investments.  Sell the club off to the highest bidder, they've had their fun in the sun, raised their own profile a bit and walked away not losing too much money.  Job done.

I fear thats the truth.

Posted

Am I saying he's doing it deliberately so he can harm the club or its fans? No.

Am I implying he's had to do it because his hands were/have been tied to a certain extent? Yes.

Am I also aware that he's not the sole person responsible for the current situation? Yes.

 

Our defense was part of the issue, but not THE issue. We've never been trounced score-wise. Individual mistakes from some of our allegedly most experienced players have in parts cost us dearly, too. We've got a weak and largely inexperienced squad with an inexperienced manager at the top.

Surely you must've known it could come to this with all these prerequisites as early as the beginning of the season?

 

We've witnessed similar developments under Pearson in the Championship (with smaller amounts of money involved). It took him a while to deliver (years, some may argue). And the initial response from a portion of the fanbase was comparable to today's.

 

I must have known wed have won 4 league games all season, looked as good as clueless in a large proportion of them, been 7 points off safety, and as good as certain for relegation at the start of the season?

 

I cant take you seriously.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...