Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CAFCdamo

Michael Morrison

Hi LCFC fans,

We (Charlton) look set to snap up your old CB Michael Morrison from Sheff Weds. He only joined them in Jan, and seeing as he helped you guys get promoted out of the poxy league we are now in, I thought Foxes fans would be best placed to comment productively on him. Please bear in mind we are in League 1, so try and think in that context when evaluating him. Being part of a struggling team at Hillsbrough means that he has a bit of the Marmite factor amongst Owls fans.

All thoughts welcome.

Best of luck for the coming season. Surely you guys have to be aiming for the Prem again now, as your team is really taking shape.

He was excellent for us under Pearson. really matured into a decent CB .... even in the championship and chipped in with a couple of important goals.

We got him from non league football. Most people considered him a real find.

When Pearson left he became a different player. I think, like a few others he considered Pearson his mentor...

He couldnt adapt to a passing style, his confidence was shot... didnt play well at all...This appears to of continued at Wednesday.

You still have Powell dont you? ( Hail king Powell! :D)

This could help him...him being part of the regime... being a defender himself too... might help him get some of that old Morrison back.. probably help his confidence. He is still a young lad really..

In my opinion, solid at both centre back and right full back. So, fairly versatile.

Very good in the air, and also has a fairly good shot for a defender.

Good enough for League 1 and maybe even Championship level again as long as the manager has confidence in him, which I'm sure Powell has. I think he would be a good signing for Charlton.

Good enough for League 1 and maybe even Championship level again as long as the manager has confidence in him, which I'm sure Powell has. I think he would be a good signing for Charlton.

I was very disappointed to hear that Morrison had left the Walkers as I felt he had a bright future ahead of him. I really hope life for him works out better at Charlton than it did at Wednesday. He's a very solid player at League One level and he will once again blossom under the leadership of Chrissy P, of that I have no doubt.

I though he had some cracking games under Pearson and was solid at the back and looked very comfortable on the ball. It seemed to go down hill once pearson left his confidence was shattered. Don't think he ever recovered from that dreadful display at portsmouth :blush:

Very good debut season under Pearson in League 1 and a useful squad player in the championship thereafter.

I don't count his season under Sousa. That inexcusable cretin managed to ruin the mentality and form of our entire defence.

Just don't watch the Pompey video.

He'll do a decent job for you in league 1. As other posters have mentioned, he had some very good games under Pearson, at centre half and right back. I'd expect Crissy P to get some of that form back from him, so yeah, I'd say a good signing for you.

A very good player for us in his first season, then dropped off.

Better right-back in my view, but I hear he has struggled at Wednesday, but nevermind his nothing to do with Leicester anymore.

I was a big fan of Morrison and was a bit disappointed when he left us.

He was a no-frills defender who wasn't afraid of getting stuck in. His control/distrubution etc weren't always fantastic, but other than a period of a few months under Sousa I thought he looked quite solid.

Good signing for Charlton, especially as Powell will know what makes him tick etc.

Perhaps the problem while playing at the Owls was a lack of concerntration.

Let's face it. watching a Megson managed side is a good insomnia cure, only time in my supporting life that I actually considered leaving games before the final whistle

So maybe MM was nodding off too...

Archived