Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Season tickets sold out

It used to cost approximately £1m (when we built the Walkers/KP) for every 1000 seats at a standard new build, think it is now somewhere around £2m for a very average stadium (your Arsenal's Spurs, Liverpools etc cost around £4m per 1000 as new builds).

An addition 8000 seats could set us back around £16-20m

1000 seats in use for on average 19 games a season (that is assuming 1 cup tie) would need to be sold at an average of £52 per seat per game to make their money back in two years (assuming a £2m outlay and no additional overheads like stewarding, catering or loan fees). That also ignores loss during the time the capacity would be reduced to allow for additional building work to take place. Assuming those 8000 seats would be used for ST's then it'd take around 4 years of sellouts to pay for themselves (ignoring the previously overlooked costs).

It used to cost approximately £1m (when we built the Walkers/KP) for every 1000 seats at a standard new build, think it is now somewhere around £2m for a very average stadium (your Arsenal's Spurs, Liverpools etc cost around £4m per 1000 as new builds).

1000 seats in use for on average 19 games a season (that is assuming 1 cup tie) would need to be sold at an average of £52 per seat per game to make their money back in two years (assuming a £2m outlay and no additional overheads like stewarding, catering or loan fees). That also ignores loss during the time the capacity would be reduced to allow for additional building work to take place. Assuming those 8000 seats would be used for ST's then it'd take around 4 years of sellouts to pay for themselves (ignoring the previously overlooked costs).

A mate of mine was telling me that something in the ffp rules allow a club that has more seats, even if empty, to spend more money on players. Something to do with a club showing there is a potential to earn more money due to a larger capacity when it comes to submitting the revenues for the year, hence why man city increased their seating capacity even though they had plenty of capacity in the first place. Don't know if its true or not.  

With the clappers its all in rhythm so = Dangerous

What about if they clap along to Michael Jacksons dangerous? Will a double dangerous negate the danger?

It's a bit pessimistic to wonder what a 45.000 stadium looks like with 19,000 watching Doncaster.

A ground that big makes a statement.

Potential foreign signings that have only heard of Leicester come here and think "wow, this is a big club".

We have a huge potential fan base, Leicester is a big city with one club and not another league club for over 20 miles. 

We will always sell out for crucial games or the top clubs are playing. For the less attractive games you can fill it with kids, it's an investment for the next generation of Leicester fans.

Not sure about FFP rules etc. but £16-20m is pocket change for our Billionaire owners.

I was thinking "The Unadateables"

That ain't true though is it? You're always round some bird's house or other I thought?

How about a Viz character? 'Una stubs'...... A bloke who goes round and is always banging his toe on something. With a strap-line 'he's always in the wars', or summat.

Got potential?

That ain't true though is it? You're always round some bird's house or other I thought?

How about a Viz character? 'Una stubs'...... A bloke who goes round and is always banging his toe on something. With a strap-line 'he's always in the wars', or summat.

Got potential?

Unadateables sure aint the Undateables Col

Taking out foxychik soon  :thumbup:

If the owners are here long term, they may have ambitions higher than some on here. A 40k stadium with the right management takes us into potential top 8 position, get into Europa league, win that, Champions league here we come! Next stop 50k stadium!

I realise a lot of things would have to go right but with the TV money around, our best days could still be ahead of us!

God I'd fvckin hate it if he went to Villa. They can go and do one the scum bags. Why would he want a step down anyway? lol

He'll be an England international soon so we've got to pay him what he's now worth!

It seems to me that some people put their personal feelings ahead of whats best for the club.

Having a 40000 stadium with only 19000 seats filled would give away fans the opportunity to sing a song.  But so what.  I can take the temporary embarrassment that would cause.

The advantages of having a 40000 stadium are;  the potential to fill the stadium for many games in the PL and a few in the Championship, extra revenue this would generate over time, the club having a bigger standing in the game due to the bigger stadium, therefore more attractive to potential signings.  

The most compelling reason for expanding the ground is, however, that lots of people are unable to get tickets now.  We want as many fans as possible to get into the habit of going to the King Power on a Saturday.  That isn't going to happen if we stand still.

It seems to me that some people put their personal feelings ahead of whats best for the club.

Having a 40000 stadium with only 19000 seats filled would give away fans the opportunity to sing a song.  But so what.  I can take the temporary embarrassment that would cause.

The advantages of having a 40000 stadium are;  the potential to fill the stadium for many games in the PL and a few in the Championship, extra revenue this would generate over time, the club having a bigger standing in the game due to the bigger stadium, therefore more attractive to potential signings.  

The most compelling reason for expanding the ground is, however, that lots of people are unable to get tickets now.  We want as many fans as possible to get into the habit of going to the King Power on a Saturday.  That isn't going to happen if we stand still.

I really think we need to get real about how big we think we are and what our fan base really is.

I don't sense fans are constantly disappointed about not being able to get a ticket and there's a massive supply we can't meet. Maybe a few who've missed out this season, but not 'lots' of people from what I can gather.

We're Leicester, a provincial City in the East Midlands - not a global brand like Man Utd.

I love the fact we've had rave reviews this season about our atmosphere and we can absolutely turn the KP into a fortress.

Let's not get too big for our boots.  

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

The most compelling reason for expanding the ground is, however, that lots of people are unable to get tickets now. We want as many fans as possible to get into the habit of going to the King Power on a Saturday. That isn't going to happen if we stand still.

Do people who really really want to go and have looked at every avenue really struggle to get a ticket?

I kept my season ticket while living in Italy for 4 months and sold my ticket either on here or to mates about 7/8 times this season and on more than one occasion people who were originally desperate to go let me down.

Even the QPR match which was sold out weeks before the match extra tickets were released about a week before.

Do people who really really want to go and have looked at every avenue really struggle to get a ticket?

I kept my season ticket while living in Italy for 4 months and sold my ticket either on here or to mates about 7/8 times this season and on more than one occasion people who were originally desperate to go let me down.

Even the QPR match which was sold out weeks before the match extra tickets were released about a week before.

Exactly this

Thinking it's very likely that the stand will come down next season and it's quite frankly UNACCEPTABLE that the stand hasn't been fixed. I've got a source within the club who says everyone is concerned about it except for the Thais, who do not think infrastructure is something to bankroll. WELL I'LL TELL YOU THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, it's time that we the fans, started to protest and show the board THAT WE WILL NOT DIE. 

Thinking it's very likely that the stand will come down next season and it's quite frankly UNACCEPTABLE that the stand hasn't been fixed. I've got a source within the club who says everyone is concerned about it except for the Thais, who do not think infrastructure is something to bankroll. WELL I'LL TELL YOU THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, it's time that we the fans, started to protest and show the board THAT WE WILL NOT DIE.

Top wumming.

One observation that I've noticed over the last ten years is the growing number of Leicester's Asian community attending games.

This has been fantastic and if this continues, we would be adding a significant number to our fanbase.

40k is very realistic.

Archived