Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
psb

Gary Lineker's major error last night on FA Cup documentary

This psb is on the finest bit of form to get himself started since Chris Wood.

Ha ha! Even better if you can identify my profile pic...without clicking on it of course.

WHAT!! THATS DISGRACEFUL I HOPE YOU NEVER DARKEN THE DOORS EVERY AGAIN OF OUR FINE CITY! HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME, LINEKER!!!!!

IM GOING TO START A RIOT ABOUT THIS... RIOTING IS THE VOICE OF THE UNHEARD!! So is capital letters...

I must correct my own pedantry. Lineker made the white shirt comment in the BBC online trailer for the show, not the actual show itself.

I am surprised by how little this means to those of you on here who have replied.  I found it infuriating in its inaccuracy.

By the way, I had made the white track suit comment myself earlier.

Finally regarding the profile pic, it is David Tearse, scorer of the City goal (indeed his only goal) on my first game standing behind the goal in the Kop v Millwall in in December 1969. (My first game had been January 1968 v Wolves in the Wing Stand).

So, that's it. My time on this site has been short and not as sweet as I imagined. Not for me it seems.

Best wishes.

I must correct my own pedantry. Lineker made the white shirt comment in the BBC online trailer for the show, not the actual show itself.

I am surprised by how little this means to those of you on here who have replied. I found it infuriating in its inaccuracy.

By the way, I had made the white track suit comment myself earlier.

Finally regarding the profile pic, it is David Tearse, scorer of the City goal (indeed his only goal) on my first game standing behind the goal in the Kop v Millwall in in December 1969. (My first game had been January 1968 v Wolves in the Wing Stand).

So, that's it. My time on this site has been short and not as sweet as I imagined. Not for me it seems.

Best wishes

You're a massive twot

Furthermore, he said "white shirt of course" as if we all should remember it, forgetting totally that the white shirt dates from 1973-74 and, notably, the semi final v Liverpool, where Keegan lobbed Shilton because he found him easier to locate in his white shirt. Lineker would have been 13 by that point.

Alan young used to call Neil danns Lee danns you should of signed up then

I was quite surprised by Lineker's glaring lack of Leicester knowledge during the World Cup last year - the game where Holland subbed the goalie in the last minute of extra time in readiness for the penalty shoot out. In discussion afterwards Lineker said he had "never seen of or heard of such a thing before"

I remember feeling a bit perplexed at that also.

I started to doubt my own knowledge because of it!

Furthermore, he said "white shirt of course" as if we all should remember it, forgetting totally that the white shirt dates from 1973-74 and, notably, the semi final v Liverpool, where Keegan lobbed Shilton because he found him easier to locate in his white shirt. Lineker would have been 13 by that point.

My recollection is Shilton wore yellow in 74
It certainly was not Keegan who lobbed him either
Perdant mode off

My recollection is Shilton wore yellow in 74

It certainly was not Keegan who lobbed him either

Perdant mode off

Except that it was white that he wore, and it was Keegan that lobbed him!

I was 10 at the time, and really believed this was going to be the year that we won the cup.

I was so gutted at the end of this game!

The other semi final had been Newcastle and Burnley, both of which i think we would have beaten, though Burnley in particular were a more than decent team at the time.

One things for sure, we would have given Liverpool a much better game in the final than Newcastle did.

I remember feeling a bit perplexed at that also.

I started to doubt my own knowledge because of it!

It convinced me that Lineker is a witch and the only suitable punishment would be for his head to placed on a pole on top of the newly extended kop at the KP

Archived