Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Where might we finish this season?

Probably stating the obvious but we will need the strikers to hit the ground running. Especially Krameric and Okazaki. Ulloa I'm sure will contribute 10 plus again.

We struggled to score for too long last season. That cant happen again, otherwise we could find ourselves in difficulty.

Anything from 8th to 20th. It's impossible to predict. On one hand I doubt we will hit a slump as bad as last season, on the other I don't think we'll be as good as we were at the end of the season. Average it all out, and I think we'll finish mid table, which would be a great achievement.

We may well finish bottom. It has little to do with our squad.

It just seems that something is radically wrong at the moment. Even with the pre-season friendlies you'd think players would be ultra keen to make an impression on Raniera but that doesn't seem to have been the case in general and it all seems to have been flat and uninspired.

Meanwhile it's as if the footballing fraternity have responded to the sacking of an established football man - player and manager - for what seems to be non-footballing reasons given the guy's success, by saying we don't want to be involved.

That might all be an overstatement, of course, but the Cambiasso decision was most wounding. It's my firm belief he'd have signed for another season if Pearson had still been here and I think his not doing so has left us deflated. I just think it's the worst preparation for a season imaginable.

Two or three exciting signings might lift the mood but I'm not convinced it will stay that way. Even a really good squad won't do very well if the atmosphere's not right.  

I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out that way because I have great respect for all the owners have done for our club in a general sense, their ambition is there for all to see and I'm sure they thought their decision concerning Pearson was the right one. But, the mood needs lifting quickly. Our squad has gone through a lot with Pearson - they are almost all Pearson people - and I'm not convinced they'll consider Ranieri/Rudkin in quite the same way. 

• 8 months later...

Archived