Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

With 7 games to play, where do you think we will finish the season?

346 members have voted

1. 1. With 7 games to play, where do you think we will finish the season?

• Champions
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

You know what to do, vote and give your reason below. I was going to leave this until after the next game but with the break for international football I am not sure what I am going to do with myself.

Previous results:

post-18797-0-37895200-1458545151_thumb.p  post-18797-0-22736900-1458545174_thumb.p   post-18797-0-66332800-1458545192_thumb.p  

post-18797-0-50385000-1458545232_thumb.p  post-18797-0-74785100-1458545251_thumb.p

I am unimportant in the universe, so realising that anything I say has no bearing whatsoever on fate, I will stand by my judgement that were we to beat Newcastle and Palace, then we will go on and do this. Therefore, I have voted for French mushrooms.

Imagine doing this poll at the same time last year. 7 games to go and odds on to be relegated, but next season we'll be top four and maybe even champions - take your pick! We'd think you were nuts...

Imagine doing this poll at the same time last year. 7 games to go and odds on to be relegated, but next season we'll be top four and maybe even champions - take your pick! We'd think you were nuts...

I know that it isn't quite what you were saying but I went back and found the thread I was running last season for the relegation fight and here is the result for 7 games to go:

post-18797-0-76792500-1458550002_thumb.p

We appear to have been more optimistic than I remember, or maybe the question is better this time around. 

where's the button 'I really don't know!!' to be honest I would love us to win the league but if we didn't I would still be incredibly proud and excited about the prospect of playing champs league football next year!

I've gone 2nd, as I have a feeling Saints will get a point in next game, we'll win next 3, but United and Chelsea away in last 3 is probably where either Spurs or Arsenal will squeak past us. Has anyone see Arsenal's run in? It's a doddle.

HOWEVER I'm only about 60-40 that we won't win it... we've got a huge chance

I always put A/B comparison tables up on my Facebook page for City of this time last season to now - and as you say it is totally NUTS!!

If you were in a coma for the last year and the first question you asked was, how are Leicester getting on this year?

Then someone told you we were 5pts clear at the top of the table your immediate thought would be, ah we must have got relegated last season after all.

At my most Optimistic I have

Us - 3 Wins, 2 Draws, 2 Defeats for 77pts

Arsenal - 6 Wins, 2 Defeats for 73pts

Spurs  - 3 Wins, 2 Draws 2 Defeats for 72pts

Man City - 6 Wins, 2 Draws for 71pts 

Man U - 6 Wins, 1 Draw, 1 defeat for 69 pts

I've gone 2nd, as I have a feeling Saints will get a point in next game, we'll win next 3, but United and Chelsea away in last 3 is probably where either Spurs or Arsenal will squeak past us. Has anyone see Arsenal's run in? It's a doddle.

HOWEVER I'm only about 60-40 that we won't win it... we've got a huge chance

a doddle? west ham away, city away? harder than united away & chelsea away for sure. 

we only need to win 5 games and we've taken arsenal out the equation even if they win every game from now until may 16-0. realistically we probably only need to win about 3 more games to finish above them. they'd then need 6 wins and a draw from their last eight games and even then our goal diff might keep us above them. they're done. they've been done since the swansea game, they know it, we know it, everyone knows it. 

the next three are make or break. we should be looking at 7 points minimum imo. all three could be tough fixtures in some ways but if we are winning this league we're winning these games. arsenal need to get 9 points and hope we drop a bunch, but they've got watford who just beat them in the cup and then west ham away. wouldn't want those two next, for sure. 

spurs have liverpool, united then stoke away. ouch. we've got the easiest next 4 games imo, perhaps on a par with arsenal but we also have an ELEVEN point head start on them. if we pick up the same amount of points as spurs in our next four, they'll have done incredibly well and still be 5 points behind with 3 to play. 

Archived