Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

no demarai gray

It's interesting that he's playing the CAM role tonight. I believe he played there for the England U21's and also scored? So 2 apps in CAM, 2 goals, 1 assist.. Regardless of opposition that's not bad.

Could he be our back up for Shinji?

15 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

A question that occurred to me, I think that the shinji role requires a very unselfish and fairly mature character.  At the moment I wouldn't class DG as either of these. Not to say he couldn't develop under Claudio's guidance. (If he is prepared to)

18 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

It's interesting that he's playing the CAM role tonight. I believe he played there for the England U21's and also scored? So 2 apps in CAM, 2 goals, 1 assist.. Regardless of opposition that's not bad.

I was wondering that. Probably Slimani in terms of disruptive behaviour and pressing their players with the ball rather than Gray.

3 minutes ago, KingKante said:

would like to see the lad kick the ball in the prem again soon! impact sub?

players will get there chance this season at some point with the AFCON, injuries and suspensions there should be enough game time for everyone and it is up to them to show claudio why they should be in the team

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

players will get there chance this season at some point with the AFCON, injuries and suspensions there should be enough game time for everyone and it is up to them to show claudio why they should be in the team

good to hear!

1 minute ago, shade said:

probably, but if it's not you'll make sure to say you weren't convinced!

I'm not convinced with Gray? I've posted this before. Sure, he's quick and keen but his final product needs a lot of improvement.

Claudio is doing the right thing with him I reckon. Having him as an impact sub in some games is the way to go with him until he's sure he's ready. And I think this is what Ranieri is doing.

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm not convinced with Gray?

Col, I'm really REALLY sorry to do this to you because everyone does what you did, but there is a certain irony in you stating a lack of conviction in a player then suffixing the sentence with a ?, thus suggesting a lack of conviction in your own opinion.

Sorry again, but it's a modern linguistic disease that drives me nuts. I will seek the wise counsel of @Izzy Muzzett...

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Col, I'm really REALLY sorry to do this to you because everyone does what you did, but there is a certain irony in you stating a lack of conviction in a player then suffixing the sentence with a ?, thus suggesting a lack of conviction in your own opinion.

Sorry again, but it's a modern linguistic disease that drives me nuts. I will seek the wise counsel of @Izzy Muzzett...

i think he was referencing me, although he missed the point, i wasn't saying he's not convinced about gray, i was referencing his use of "probably" when talking about whether claudio is doing he right thing. if claudio's not, then he can say e was never sure he was doing the right thing. sadly I was being facetious.

26 minutes ago, shade said:

i think he was referencing me, although he missed the point, i wasn't saying he's not convinced about gray, i was referencing his use of "probably" when talking about whether claudio is doing he right thing. if claudio's not, then he can say e was never sure he was doing the right thing. sadly I was being facetious.

For sure. I'm being a pedant about gratuitous punctuation, sadly...

40 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I fink you offa a mutch neaded free edjucational servise on this fourum HPF.

Modern lingwistix is the disseese, and you are the kure?? :thumbup:

Reminds me so much of Mahrez in his first year with us. I see no reason why he can't be involved more, he should be first choice to replace Mahrez or Albrighton when subsistuted or needing to be rested. I can accept he perhaps shouldn't start over them but Jeffrey Schlupp should be nowhere near him in the pecking order.

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

full highlights

Looks like Kapi was playing as a CM. Some good moves started by him. Who is this Kairo Mitchell, he seems to be our starting CF quite a lot.

Kaputska was toying with them!! Would like to see him involved in the first team. Him or Gray to rotate with Shinji.

Kaputska's turn of pace looks a huge asset as well if we deployed him centrally. There aren't many central midfielders who move rapidly but it's a massive asset if you have it. He looks to me more of a central midfielder than a winger from the bits I've seen of him. Really hope he gets a chance soon.

Guest CityFan 06

As mentioned, I think Gray would be a good option for us centrally, particularly in the CAM role where we could utilize his creativity & skill. It's good that he can play out wide or through the middle, gives us options. 

Kapustka looks like he could be a real player. He's young but from what I've seen and gathered of him, he's good at getting out of a tight spot, has a few skillful turns, can run with the ball. Exciting player to have and under top coaching here at Leicester, he's going to get better & better.

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kaputska's turn of pace looks a huge asset as well if we deployed him centrally. There aren't many central midfielders who move rapidly but it's a massive asset if you have it. He looks to me more of a central midfielder than a winger from the bits I've seen of him. Really hope he gets a chance soon.

Might be getting mixed up here, but I thought he played more central for Poland during the European Championships?

32 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Might be getting mixed up here, but I thought he played more central for Poland during the European Championships?

Yes it seemed he did, but for his club he was mainly deployed on the left cutting in, possibly in a free role. I certainly think he's more suited to playing centrally from what I gather. He looks gifted.

Archived