Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

no demarai gray

I was surprised he took Musa off as he'd  just started  to get into the game and make a good contribution after what had been along with everyone else a very poor 1st half.

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

I don't know what game you were all watching. He looked very lively when he come on I thought. He put some dangerous balls in the box and his quick feet can clearly cause problems.

Dangerous balls don't soar two feet over everyone's head.

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Amazed people think he did well. Seeing what they want to see perhaps. I like the lad but he was bought on to make an impact and he normally does but he was nowhere as dangerous as musa looked prior to coming off.

Surely he was a complete waste of a substitution. Apparently some of the commentators noticed this too. I thought he gave a perfect demonstration of why he isn't, and probably shouldn't be, in the team. But yes, I accept that he has (up to now unfulfilled) potential.

I thought Mussa was good and looks good, He is behind Gray for first team football for me though. Gray should be starting. Fairly sure Mahrez upped his game when Gray came on and they were both trying to out do each other.

1 hour ago, Shaneb said:

I thought Mussa was good and looks good, He is behind Gray for first team football for me though. Gray should be starting. Fairly sure Mahrez upped his game when Gray came on and they were both trying to out do each other.

I personally don't get why some fans think Gray should merit starting???

Apart from a wonder goal at United he's not really provided anything more than Musa, Mahrez or Albrighton...

Musa was absolutely revolting first half but then just as Gray was being readied to come on he started getting in to the game. Still a dreadful ball across to Vardy after skinning Dawson though, it's things like thatthat infuriate me with us this season, simple balls they cannot execute. Gray was distinctly average.

1 hour ago, Shaneb said:

Quite what you saw that merits Gray as a starter is beyond me!

Although remain unconvinced by Musa as took him 50 minutes to get his boots on his correct feet.

8 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

I personally don't get why some fans think Gray should merit starting???

Apart from a wonder goal at United he's not really provided anything more than Musa, Mahrez or Albrighton...

He is cocky, I think he is more likely to try those little dink balls or skin a player whereas Musa and Albrighton and even to some extent Mahrez seem less inclined to do that at the minute, they seem more technically minded.

The game yesterday was crying out for that trick ball or silky move.

5 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

He is cocky, I think he is more likely to try those little dink balls or skin a player whereas Musa and Albrighton and even to some extent Mahrez seem less inclined to do that at the minute, they seem more technically minded.

The game yesterday was crying out for that trick ball or silky move.

Musa only got into the game literally 10 mins before he went off...I counted him beating their full back 3 times in the 2nd half. 1st half he was woeful though, but then again the whole team was.

Gray did nothing apart from one shot/cross which was whipped in with pace. As for skinning a player...yesterday I don't recall him doing this at all, and actually remember him coming inside to be crowded out by their midfield on at least 2 occasions.

I just can't see what all the fuss about Gray is about....

He's yet to impress me.

4 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

Musa only got into the game literally 10 mins before he went off...I counted him beating their full back 3 times in the 2nd half. 1st half he was woeful though, but then again the whole team was.

Gray did nothing apart from one shot/cross which was whipped in with pace. As for skinning a player...yesterday I don't recall him doing this at all, and actually remember him coming inside to be crowded out by their midfield on at least 2 occasions.

I just can't see what all the fuss about Gray is about....

He's yet to impress me.

Have to agree with this. Seems to play exactly like Memphis Depay - ie pacy but doesn't use it because he is playing on the side opposite to his weaker foot and because he is too one-footed he can't go down the line to beat a man so he just ends up cutting back onto his right foot, every time....

With all the wide players we have, probably best to let him go out on loan to another prem side. Starting games, get his form and much better experience than coming on as sub now and then. And then get ready to start next season for us. Watching him for England U21s and he looks great, and shows glimpses of his quality like united away goal.

16 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Or we could try playing wingers on their correct side, crazy notion I know.

failing that we could at least try and swap them over intermittent to try and give the opposition something to think about.

its ok playing inverted wingers when we were approaching games like we were last season but when slimani is leading the line surely we could do with the ability to get to the byline.

Yes this has baffled me too

5 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

He is tearing the Italians apart. 

Interestingly he has the no 9 shirt and is playing much more central.

The new Jamie Vardy??!! lol 

He's played in a roaming striker role (similar to Liverpool way) in last 2 U21 games. It's a nice system... Aidy Boothroyd making some changes to the way Southgate did things.

Archived