Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

no demarai gray

He showed some great touches tonight. Back heels but in the right area, link up play, passing, dribbling and in addition to his goal he had one of his trademark efforts from the left hand side as he made space and shot only to smash on to the top of the bar.

He was just subbed which is a joke really looking at some of the players he left on. Still, Its a friendly but he didnt look happy coming off. I dont even think he shook hands with the incoming Watmore!

Anyway, MOM for me.

He got the MOM award officially tonight despite coming off with 20 minutes to go. They just showed a montage of his performance and it was outstanding. He just looked in total control. The concern for me is he never seems to be happy or smile. As a kid of that age he should be loving things but you get the feeling with his demeanour that he knows he is good and he knows he could be unreal! Even the post-match chat where he was awarded a bottle of bubbly couldnt cheer him up LOL!! 

Lets hope he continues to progress and can turn u21 form into prem form for us sooner or later because if he can we will be raving about him more than we did Mahrez last season.

32 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The club have basically whacked him on the transfer list by not doing the little congratulatory tweet. Serious beef going on behind the scenes surely?

You mean the grunt who does the twiitter decides transfer policy?

7 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

He got the MOM award officially tonight despite coming off with 20 minutes to go. They just showed a montage of his performance and it was outstanding. He just looked in total control. The concern for me is he never seems to be happy or smile. As a kid of that age he should be loving things but you get the feeling with his demeanour that he knows he is good and he knows he could be unreal! Even the post-match chat where he was awarded a bottle of bubbly couldnt cheer him up LOL!! 

Lets hope he continues to progress and can turn u21 form into prem form for us sooner or later because if he can we will be raving about him more than we did Mahrez last season.

He's not smiling because he's not playing games mate. Understandable

It must be difficult to be happy when every time you get a chance, you take it, and still never make the team. He must be wondering what the hell he needs to do to get in the team, im frustated so can't imagine how he is feeling!

Liverpool showed interest in Chilwell but we managed to pursuade him to stay. Gray has that aire of arragance about him and with being frustrated, he will leave for the first prem club that comes in for him. Will be a massive potential thrown away and a real shame.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

The club have basically whacked him on the transfer list by not doing the little congratulatory tweet. Serious beef going on behind the scenes surely?

Shameful that they haven't put this up yet...what does the lad have to do?!?

According to Sky Sports line up page Gray was one of the two strikers in a 4-4-2. 

Not it having watched I don't know if this is correct, but maybe he could fit in as a 'Number 10' in our team?

Gray's development continues

When Demarai Gray agreed to join Leicester City in January, it was seen as something of a coup for the Foxes.

Gray had a goalscoring record of one in every nine games when he was flourishing with Birmingham in the Championship, but the feeling at the King Power was that, while a player of wonderful attacking quality, his end product was something that he needed to develop, to make that next step.

The Foxes haven't rushed Gray's development, and have allowed him time. He scored his first-ever Leicester goal at Old Trafford earlier this season, having been expected to make 2016-17 the year of his grand breakthrough in the Premier League.

It hasn't fully worked out that way, and he's still being dipped in and out of the starting lineup by Claudio Ranieri.

But there's no question that the multi-faceted forward has improved considerably in the last 11 months. He picks the right option more, makes increasingly intelligent runs and looks more comfortable with his game whenever you see him.

At some point he's going to really spark into life, and the brief glimpses of outstanding quality he's shown in 2016 suggest that Leicester do have a diamond on their hands.

His defensive contributions are excellent. He has made 4 tackles this season with 100% success rate despite having made just four appearances, all as substitutes according to premier league.com. He also has had 7 recoveries this season showing he is equally committed to his defensive duties as his offensive ones. He is an asset to have in the team because when facing counters he tracks back and does not dive into tackles. His pace, technique and especially composure makes him stand out as a youngster in English football"

He needs to be coming on around the 65min mark most games. I know that is quite a simplistic view and should depend more on what is happening in the game etc, but I feel strongly that if he isn't starting for us, then we need to be putting faith in him to play much more than he currently is. He has the potential to be one of our best players in the future and by not including him or giving him enough game time, we are in danger of stifling his progression and pushing him to look for ways out as his frustration builds. 

I don't buy into this whole attitude problem. If players are performing well, and still not getting chances, then they are naturally going to start to become disillusioned and frustrated. If the team were performing well without him, then I would understand it more. Come on Claudio, give him some more game time!  

Archived