Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

no demarai gray

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He needs to be coming on around the 65min mark most games. I know that is quite a simplistic view and should depend more on what is happening in the game etc, but I feel strongly that if he isn't starting for us, then we need to be putting faith in him to play much more than he currently is. He has the potential to be one of our best players in the future and by not including him or giving him enough game time, we are in danger of stifling his progression and pushing him to look for ways out as his frustration builds. 

I don't buy into this whole attitude problem. If players are performing well, and still not getting chances, then they are naturally going to start to become disillusioned and frustrated. If the team were performing well without him, then I would understand it more. Come on Claudio, give him some more game time!  

We never seem to bring many youngsters' through. Even the ones we buy seem to struggle. Tbh though if I was gray and had the fast but clueless Schlupp in front of me i would be pissed. Intact I think I would want out by now.

Gray is fast becoming a great player which Claudio seems to be protective over his fame Time,playing reserve or u20whatever they call it now but not only that being picked and scoring for England u21 at a top level can't do his prospects any harm?

But it's about time Claudio played him in the first team ahead of Schlupp as Gray seems to be a far more consistent player who's actually scored a goal and created many with his runs crosses and corners,Schlupp doesn't really fill me with much confidence when I see him on the team sheet as his final ball is dreadful for a big guy his presence is non existent at times he loses the ball far too easily and goes for Hollywood crosses and goal attempts!

so we can all hope Claudio gives Gray a chance against Watford from the start and more equally Gray takes his chance with both hands and delivers a world class performance!!

I caught a fair bit of the Under 21s he looked excellent and had a swagger about him. Not always trying to do the fancy, mixed it up really well.

On a related matter I bloody enjoyed the football, it was infinitely better than the main England Team. Not sure what happens between the u21s and big boys, but they must be technically castrated or something!!!

Schlupp is a rather limited player with his pace and poor finishing etc, Gray can cover these with able to get around players and use the ball very effectively  (if not too greedy at times).

Play Schlupp when we're comfortably winning at around 70 minutes.

And with the exception of Nathan Redmond, who else out of Gunn, Hayden, Chambers, Stephens, Galloway, Chalobah, Ward-Prowse, Baker, Swift, Hughes and Abraham regularly starts for a premier league club. Don't care if he played well for the 21's, Stephens was class and he's on loan at Coventry this season.. says it all. 

43 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

And with the exception of Nathan Redmond, who else out of Gunn, Hayden, Chambers, Stephens, Galloway, Chalobah, Ward-Prowse, Baker, Swift, Hughes and Abraham regularly starts for a premier league club. Don't care if he played well for the 21's, Stephens was class and he's on loan at Coventry this season.. says it all. 

Still better than Schlupp who has started Chelsea and Copenhagen away - 2 massive games.

All people are asking for is for Gray to get a run of 4-5 games in the team to show what he can do. It's not like our current wide men are setting the league on fire right now.

"I scored again which is a good confidence boost for me but I like being away with the lads and games like today are why.
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/gray-returns-to-leicester-city-after-injury-with-england-under-21s/story-29893425-detail/story.html#Dm8hV1ykUqIKvbDw.99

Says a lot really.
Schlupp should never be in front of him.
If we don't start to use him he will be off and I for one would not blame him.

Might sound harsh, but Gray was in the starting line-up for the first game of the season after an impressive pre-season. He was very poor in that game, giving the ball away a lot and making some bad decisions. He did win a penalty, but that was more fortunate rather than skillful. Had he taken his chance, he'd have kept his place for sure.

Now he will have to work hard again to get it back and take his chance when he comes on. He looked OK against West Brom, but to be honest Musa looked more dangerous but was removed!

However, I do agree that it's criminal to have Jeff in front of him. Whilst I don't think Jeff is as bad as some make him out to be, I don't see that much more potential for him. Gray has the potential to be a starting winger for England in years to come. Problem is that right now our league form is so iffy that we need to pick up points and avoid a relegation scrap, which means we probably can't risk the younger lads as much as we would like to.

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Might sound harsh, but Gray was in the starting line-up for the first game of the season after an impressive pre-season. He was very poor in that game, giving the ball away a lot and making some bad decisions. He did win a penalty, but that was more fortunate rather than skillful. Had he taken his chance, he'd have kept his place for sure.

Now he will have to work hard again to get it back and take his chance when he comes on. He looked OK against West Brom, but to be honest Musa looked more dangerous but was removed!

However, I do agree that it's criminal to have Jeff in front of him. Whilst I don't think Jeff is as bad as some make him out to be, I don't see that much more potential for him. Gray has the potential to be a starting winger for England in years to come. Problem is that right now our league form is so iffy that we need to pick up points and avoid a relegation scrap, which means we probably can't risk the younger lads as much as we would like to.

Away to hull he was the only shinning light in a piss poor performance.

He at least looked like he cared Moore than most. How can you judge a young player on that game?

I would rather judge his u21's and sub appearances than that game.

As for Schlupp (as I did not read that far to start) If you think he could save us (not that we will be in that danger) why have I bothered. Gray is streets ahead of Schlupp he has a brain to start with. On the pitch that is just not near helicopters.

Archived