Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

I think pop music in general has stagnated a fair bit. Go back a decade or so ago to the likes of Justified by Justin Timberlake for example, (and regardless of what you think of his music personally) and it was at least still inventive and well put together; practically anything Timbaland or the Neptunes got their hands on in the early/mid-noughties that charted was gold and was innovative, well constructed pop music. Even some of the stuff Timberlake did with Nsync was superb, on reflection.

photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079photo-thumb-4585.jpg?_r=1415399079

yeah don't think anyone who's been anywhere to see him has said anything other than how good it was, which is good considering how long it's taken for him to come back! 

he played in the student union in liverpool so it was mental, pretty small venue compared to a few others he's gigged around the country. was a sweaty affair that's for sure. 

Went and saw him in Brum last Thursday. Great night

yeah don't think anyone who's been anywhere to see him has said anything other than how good it was, which is good considering how long it's taken for him to come back! 

he played in the student union in liverpool so it was mental, pretty small venue compared to a few others he's gigged around the country. was a sweaty affair that's for sure. 

Spider's Web live made me excitable, very excitable indeed. Was impressed with how well the batch of stuff he played off Kings and Queens went down to be honest, thought it might have been full of Panic Prevention came-for-Sheila-and-nothing-else tools but wasn't the case, in Notts anyway

Spider's Web live made me excitable, very excitable indeed. Was impressed with how well the batch of stuff he played off Kings and Queens went down to be honest, thought it might have been full of Panic Prevention came-for-Sheila-and-nothing-else tools but wasn't the case, in Notts anyway

yeah the man's machine got one of the best reactions of the night up here. the whole set was pretty much spot on i reckon, no lulls in it, no "hey here's 3 new songs you've never heard before in a row" etc that you get at some gigs. wouldn't like to call a highlight, was all just bloody boss. blended old with new and then obviously nailed the i'm a 15 year old at a house party off my trolly on strongbow for the encore. 

the guy stood near us when he thought jamie t had got off without playing sheila or sticks n stones before the encore:

SarcasticFlimsyDamselfly.gif

Back in the Game was absolutely incredible too.

Haha, when we went Beni a few years back and the Arctics were on we had one guy behind us who spent the entire set moaning that there was too many people, it was too hot, and they didn't play Mardy Bum (probably their worst ****ing song). I don't know what people expect.

PLAY SEX ON FIRE SHEILA MARDY BUM WONDERWALL

haha yeah, some people just don't understand. not many like that about last night though, seemed to be genuine fans who'd waited years and wanted to enjoy every song.

saying that i once stood through a whole kings of leon set off my barnet at isle of wight 2k11 (i think) just waiting for them to play red morning light and they fu cking didn't. hated the c unts ever since then 

I felt he did have a lull when he played the three new songs in the middle of the set at Brum. Peter was one of them. I dont rate his new album as highly as his first two but then we are all that little bit older and mature now for all that angst but I still miss it

Got tickets for British Summertime in Hyde Park, June 2015... More set to be announced apparently but so far the line up is The Who, Paul Weller, Johnny Marr and Kaiser Chiefs... Should be good.

Edited by Fox92