Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Nugent - SIGNS 2 YEAR DEAL

I hope we can agree to keep Nuge , does look doubtful though judging by how we let Lloyd go . ( who I thought deserved to get 2 yrs , and would of still caused problems with his pace ,and found his right foot - great gaol ) .

Nuge again I still think his work rate ,goals and assists will be missed even if used as squad player. ???

I hope we can agree to keep Nuge , does look doubtful though judging by how we let Lloyd go . ( who I thought deserved to get 2 yrs , and would of still caused problems with his pace ,and found his right foot - great gaol ) .

Nuge again I still think his work rate ,goals and assists will be missed even if used as squad player. ???

I had no idea we had him tied up?

Dyer was never gonna be good enough for the Prem.  Pace alone wouldn't suffice.  World class defenders would have him in their pockets.  On the flip side I fear lack of pace may be Nuge's downfall.  He's a proven failure in the Premiership before.  Maybe his experience this time round will help him but it wouldn't be the end of the world if he left beforehand.

I agree with Nige, Terry and the rest that he deserves a two year contract, and if he doesn't take that he can go. I won't be too fussed as all the transfer rumours suggest we are looking for a target man and so will be playing with one man up front next season.

Of course Nugent could be a useful squad player. But, again, it's down to the contract. I honestly can't believe (certain) players would pass at an opportunity to play at the top level.

At best a squad player who only had the odd decent game in the latter part of the season. Yes he was our top goal scorer but I think Ings and McCormack might have doubled the amount of goals Nugent actually scored from open play given the huge amount of chances we were creating. He rarely gambles and has no poacher instinct. Far too often he fails to get a shot off and far too often he's dallying about out wide when other players are there doing the same thing. As for his work rate last year, compared to Vardy and our midfield it was a myth. Quite often Vardy would chase the ball and just manage to get it back across the penalty whereupon our nearest players would be Drinkwater or James who had actually overtaken Nugent to try and get there! Agreed, stats can't lie but neither do they tell the whole truth.

At best a squad player who only had the odd decent game in the latter part of the season. Yes he was our top goal scorer but I think Ings and McCormack might have doubled the amount of goals Nugent actually scored from open play given the huge amount of chances we were creating. He rarely gambles and has no poacher instinct. Far too often he fails to get a shot off and far too often he's dallying about out wide when other players are there doing the same thing. As for his work rate last year, compared to Vardy and our midfield it was a myth. Quite often Vardy would chase the ball and just manage to get it back across the penalty whereupon our nearest players would be Drinkwater or James who had actually overtaken Nugent to try and get there! Agreed, stats can't lie but neither do they tell the whole truth.

In all Honestly i think this is a load of crap mate! not only did he score 20 goals last season but he also created so many chances for Vardy, and the rest of the team His link up play is brilliant and also i think he is a good head to have in the dressing room! Vital player for us last season and will be in the future! 

And as for poacher instinct what about the goal against Leeds??? 

Currently, and that's all we can base our judgement on, he's worth a new contract as he's a starting 11 player. If that situation changes then so does the basis on which we judge. For me he deserves a chance, but if we buy better then that's the nature of the game, he will go down the pecking order. However, we haven't done that yet. So for me he's still one of the best 2 forwards at the club.

In all Honestly i think this is a load of crap mate! not only did he score 20 goals last season but he also created so many chances for Vardy, and the rest of the team His link up play is brilliant and also i think he is a good head to have in the dressing room! Vital player for us last season and will be in the future! 

And as for poacher instinct what about the goal against Leeds??? 

It's all subjective mate and in the eye of the beholder and all that but... without getting into the argument about penalties, because they all have to be scored, from open play, compared with 2-3 other strikers in the Championship last season, given the superior amount of scoring opportunities our team produced compared with others, I think Nugent, on a purely goalscoring basis, came up short. His goal taking ability will have to be a lot better in the Premiership compared to the Championship. Vardy will still be a menace and his pace again might get us a few penalties as well as he getting us the odd goal. We have a number of players capable of taking a decent penalty. We need a more dynamic player than Nugent in the pure goalpoaching, aggressive and selfish type mode to compete. That doesn't necessarily mean a £30m wonderbuy, just an out and out striker to compliment Vardy, NP and Walsh have probably already targeted such a player. Nugent should only be considered a squad player that's all I'm saying.

Dyer was never gonna be good enough for the Prem.  Pace alone wouldn't suffice.  World class defenders would have him in their pockets.  On the flip side I fear lack of pace may be Nuge's downfall.  He's a proven failure in the Premiership before.  Maybe his experience this time round will help him but it wouldn't be the end of the world if he left beforehand.

Nugent - lack of pace?! What are you on?!

Reallyyyyyyy? He's still very quick. He destroyed Assou Ekotto over 15 yards after starting a few yards behind him against QPR. We've had some slow players but Nuge certainly doesn't suffer from a lack of pace.

Define decent game for me?

He scored 20 odd goals and was in double figures for assists. Also bare in mind for almost all of the season he played in behind Vardy and was responsible for a lot of link up play. If he didn't have more than the odd decent game with those statistics i'd be worried what you thought of as someone having a decent game.

Ok, he wouldn't quite have been classed as a number ten but he certainly wasn't playing as an out and out striker like Ings or McCormack.

I do think our owners NP and our DoF have a plan going forward.

Lloyd offered 1yr wanted 2

Nuge offered 2yr wants 3

We can all be sentimental about players the club is running a business.

I would think the club feels by the end of those contracts offered the players will not have a future with us.

Why should the club pay them for extra years that they are not required for.

If you take the comment about being top 5 in 5 years 150mil even without wages won't do it.

We would have to spend double that and some over 5 years to make the top 5.

If the comment was a serious one I would think they have money set aside or the 150mil is on top of income.

75% of clubs in the prem will spend 150m over the next 5 years and the top half clubs have better squads to start with.

unsure-gif.gif

Archived