Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Team for Swansea?

Thank god it won't happen.

Kasper

RDL Moore Morgan Konch

Hammond DD

Mahrez                   Schlupp

Leo      Vards

I'd go with this but with Knockers instead of Schlupp.

Konch has been one of our most consistent performer so I'm not sure why you'd drop him? Wood hasn't got the ability in the air that Leo has or the strength to hold things up, though Leo has been poor recently. Personally don't buy the Hamer > Kasper thing and at the moment and Tony is only going to be a liability (until he learns) because of his immaturity when in possession.

Thanks for replying seriously, I think Hamer performed against stoke and shouldn't have been dropped for the next game, got the only clean sheet of the season, I think konchesky is a liability and I think wood deserves a chance, took his goal very well vs everton and would be much more refreshing to see in the team than Nugent

People are genuinely considering dropping our top scorer?

You've outdone yourself Foxestalk. Wow. Just wow.

90% of people wanted our top scorer for the past two years to be hung drawn and quartered every week so dunno why you're surprised 

edit - in fact nugent has been our top scorer for the past 3 years and hardly anyone has wanted him in the squad for about 18 months. 

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

James

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa

That's our best team. I just want us to start one match with our best team. Clean slate, tell them season starts again, go out and play like you did last season. Pearson has got to pick a team and stick to it now.

Arguably our best players, but with a formation that has worked about twice in 20-odd attempts? No thanks Jeff. "Go out and play like you did last season", absolutely, by playing 442 and actually trying to win games, like we did last season, please.

People are genuinely considering dropping our top scorer?

You've outdone yourself Foxestalk. Wow. Just wow.

I just thought why not, Ulloa will be double marked as usual, it's been so awful I don't even think he's had a shot since Man U. Swansea will think we'll play him and put two massive guys out and we have lil Vardy up top just going bananas.

After the last three games I genuinely would, yes. Vardy needs to be up there not shunted out wide.

Sorry, what has Vardy done to deserve the spot? He's genuinely done nothing since the United game. Has he even had a shot?

Fans still continue with this three in the middle bollocks, did it work against Palace?...NO. Did it work against Newcastle?...NO.

We need to bring Mahrez back in, keep Schlupp on the left to help protect Konchesky, go 4-3-3 against Swansea same will happen like it did against Palace, as Bolasie did, Routledge & Dyer will more than likely have our pants down, because we will have nobody supporting our full-backs. 

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Mahrez - Drinkwater - King - Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs - Hamer, De Laet, Cambiasso, James, Knockaert, Powell, Vardy

It's about time we gave Simpson a shot, away from home he might be a more solid outlet rather than De Laet. I'd bring King back in, give him another shot he did nothing wrong at the start of the season, in my opinion he was one of our better players. As I said in the top bit we need to play wingers, we need the likes of Mahrez & Schlupp starting to protect the full backs from the pace of Routledge & Dyer. Finally put Nugent back behind Ulloa, it was effective against Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal & Stoke; however since then we've decided to go with different formations which quite haven't worked out, go back to 4-4-1-1, we collected 5 points by playing that formation  :thumbup:

Sorry, what has Vardy done to deserve the spot? He's genuinely done nothing since the United game. Has he even had a shot?

We've changed our approach to suit Ulloa and lately it isn't working. Even controlling the ball has been a struggle. I'm sure it'll help having Mahrez back as Schlupp/Albrighton offered nothing but we've stopped pressing from the front which was a major factor in getting here. I get that we need different ways of playing this season but the way we set out to play today will get us nowhere.

Vardy fired us to promotion so why not play him in the role he excelled in last season. He's only had a few starts as he started the season injured.

Fans still continue with this three in the middle bollocks, did it work against Palace?...NO. Did it work against Newcastle?...NO.

We need to bring Mahrez back in, keep Schlupp on the left to help protect Konchesky, go 4-3-3 against Swansea same will happen like it did against Palace, as Bolasie did, Routledge & Dyer will more than likely have our pants down, because we will have nobody supporting our full-backs. 

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Mahrez - Drinkwater - King - Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs - Hamer, De Laet, Cambiasso, James, Knockaert, Powell, Vardy

It's about time we gave Simpson a shot, away from home he might be a more solid outlet rather than De Laet. I'd bring King back in, give him another shot he did nothing wrong at the start of the season, in my opinion he was one of our better players. As I said in the top bit we need to play wingers, we need the likes of Mahrez & Schlupp starting to protect the full backs from the pace of Routledge & Dyer. Finally put Nugent back behind Ulloa, it was effective against Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal & Stoke; however since then we've decided to go with different formations which quite haven't worked out, go back to 4-4-1-1, we collected 5 points by playing that formation  :thumbup:

cant really argue with this, back to basics, maybe look to bring Cambiasso on after half time if needed instead of starting he didn't seem to have a problem coming off the bench against stoke. would like to see powell get a chance at some point too. obviously the subs are all going to be decided by the game dynamic

This game may suit us more. We have been successful against teams that have a lot of possession.

I'd go with the shape that worked early on

Kasper

De leat

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Mahrez

James

Drinkwater

Knocky

Nugent

Ulloa

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

James

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa

That's our best team. I just want us to start one match with our best team. Clean slate, tell them season starts again, go out and play like you did last season. Pearson has got to pick a team and stick to it now.

Swap De Laet for Simpson and that's my team.

You are right though, its about time Pearson selected a first XI and stuck to it, with the minor change here and there for loss of form/injuries etc.

Archived