Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

3-year ban for City fan who threw smoke grenade

Will that actually stop him going to games though surely you could just get a friend to get tickets, wear a hat and hooded jacket and none would notice

With a banning order don't they have to report to a police station at KO

Probably a good thing given how shit we are tbh going down hope we lose relegated tonite why bother going?

Plus we're likely to be stuck down there for a minimum of three years, so all being well we'll be back in the Prem for his return.

Absolute bollocks to recieve a three year ban for something most other places in the World have no issue with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2282468/A-young-fan-killed-Corinthians-match-flare-thrown-crowd.html

They do have a slight issue when they kill someone though and this is by no means the first fatality, never mind injury.

Aside from that several matches have had to be replayed after objects thrown by the crowd have hit players (including one of ours many moons ago) How would you feel if a game we won had to be replayed because 1 fan decided the law didn't apply to him because it was 'Nanny state' and all the rest of it?

I accept I'm a little longer in the tooth than many of you and my perspective would have been a whole lot different 20 years ago, but football is for everyone, young and old, able bodied or not and this is clearly very dangerous, particularly as it was thrown on the pitch over the heads of disabled supporters who often sit at the front of stands.

I await a stream of 'get a life' abuse!!

Absolute bollocks to recieve a three year ban for something most other places in the World have no issue with.

He stood there holding it for a minute in full view of everyone.

He was either pissed or is completely stupid as it was obvious he was going to get nicked.

Guest MattP

Never mind Captain America he looks like Captain B*llend now.

Does that kind of thing come up on CRB checks? the plonker has probably ruined his employment opportunities too lol

I doubt it would but would you really find it funny if a young lad had his future ruined for letting off a smoke bomb?

I don't think he's the bellend if so.

I doubt it would but would you really find it funny if a young lad had his future ruined for letting off a smoke bomb?

I don't think he's the bellend if so.

I think its funny he was so small minded to let it off then throw it on the pitch?

Its obvious you arent allowed them its made clear and that you will be arrested. If that had conked a toddler on the head or someone had an asthma attacked and died (unlikely I know) it makes it a bit more serious.

Guest MattP

I think its funny he was so small minded to let it off then throw it on the pitch?

Its obvious you arent allowed them its made clear and that you will be arrested. If that had conked a toddler on the head or someone had an asthma attacked and died (unlikely I know) it makes it a bit more serious.

You could say that about a hundred things that happen at the football, you don't start banning people though for jumping up, standing on seats etc though or anything else that could potentially cause harm.

If the World was a human body this country would be it's limp wrist.

Let that be a lesson to all the young lads letting off pyro.

Just light it and drop it on the floor. Don't go

holding it or even worse throwing it!

Or, if you want to be really smart...

leave it at home and sing like a normal football fan for an atmosphere instead of trying so hard to be an "ultra".

You could say that about a hundred things that happen at the football, you don't start banning people though for jumping up, standing on seats etc though or anything else that could potentially cause harm.

If the World was a human body this country would be it's limp wrist.

Not really

You are being really extreme & stupid. Standard

Guest MattP

Not really

You are being really extreme & stupid. Standard

You live upto almost every stereotype of an accountant.

Well over the top, don't use smoke bombs myself but have no issues with those that do, for me it adds to the occasion.

The foreign clubs keep being mentioned for their passion for the game and the atmosphere, and how amazing they look and sound, into which they use flares, which are far more dangerous, but English fans attempt to keep going the atmosphere's, which are dying out, and they are crimalized.

The football authorities in this country are a joke for so many reasons, turning someone into a criminal over something like this is one of them.

Well over the top, don't use smoke bombs myself but have no issues with those that do, for me it adds to the occasion.

The foreign clubs keep being mentioned for their passion for the game and the atmosphere, and how amazing they look and sound, into which they use flares, which are far more dangerous, but English fans attempt to keep going the atmosphere's, which are dying out, and they are crimalized.

The football authorities in this country are a joke for so many reasons, turning someone into a criminal over something like this is one of them.

lol

So true - commentators when a flare lit in an EPL game - "We don't want to see that, I thought we'd left those days behind us"

Thrown during CL match on Weds Night by foreigner - "Amazing colour and atmosphere from the Dortmund/Gala/Munich/ fans etc'

Or, if you want to be really smart...

leave it at home and sing like a normal football fan for an atmosphere instead of trying so hard to be an "ultra".

What's wrong with trying to be an ultra? I'd rather everyone in the stadium was one than none. Thank fvck for the 'tryhards' I say.

Archived