Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

6 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Yeah I noticed this, is it just since the update? Always my BBM who goes.

I think so because I've never noticed it before.

It's pissing me off now though. I very rarely turn of mid game but having had my main ball winning midfielder sent off the previous game, my backup player then gets sent off. So unrealistic. I must be on 4 or 5 red cards all ready depsite the fact I'm only just passed December.

10 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Right, I'm starting a Journeyman save. 

Let's do this.

Who you doing the save with Oz?

I fancy going into the editor and starting a all players released game?

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Who you doing the save with Oz?

I fancy going into the editor and starting a all players released game?

Start unemployed. See who wants me. Work my way to the top, taking whatever jobs I fancy.

I haven't had a decent save on 16 or 17 so this is sort of a last hurrah for me for a while if it doesn't go well. 

2 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Ended up in Finland as TPS and they've only got bloody Mika Aaritalo. What an absolute blast from the past, he used to become immense and now he's playing part time in the Finnish second division. :(

FM 2008 legend. Along with Gabriel Torje and Aaron Niguez.

Is there a way you can design your ground on here? I've noticed some grounds on the game look like their counterparts in real life and others generally don't.

Old Trafford looks a spitting image, how can I change this.. IF there is a way?

Just been told the King Power will be increased to a 48,000 capacity and I will be ground sharing with Aston Villa until it is complete.

Started a game as Genoa yesterday evening. Really bad at getting into a game on this, two full seasons at Hamburg and one with Leeds are the only times I've managed beyond Christmas on any save this year. Hopefully this will be different.

It seems a good challenge. Bang average squad and my only signing pre-season was to bring in Rugani on loan from Juve, which is quite a coup. In the league I've played 8, won 5 drawn 2 and just lost my first game of the season to Sassuolo. Very happy with that. My front three of Darko Lazovic, Diego Laxalt and Simeone Jr have surprisingly proved potent, with Mattia Perin excellent in between the sticks. Could be a good game, though some Redknapp style wheeling/dealing is likely to be required for a while to get anywhere.

Got the brexit email last night-  no work permits after the end of the season I'm in (18/19). So, if I were to go mad with precontracts for young players on the continent in the January window (So, harvesting the youth squads) to join in the summer would I still get them?

Hopefully wanted to start a bit of a tactical discussion.

It seems like most people on football manager try to create a form of elegant, short passing precise play tactic when they manage a team. I have done so myself and had great success managing Arsenal, Barcelona with back to back quadruples, and dropping down a league in England, Aston Villa as you could see earlier in the thread where my tactic led them to 106 league points in the end and the championship title.

Id always had a desire for some reason to manage AFC Wimbledon on the game, and this was mostly down to one thing. Create an old school long ball tactic that there seems to be very little discussion on. To return Wimbledon back to their Crazy Gang days.

In my first season, I scored 72 points with them and got them up through the playoffs into the championship. Lyle Taylor scored 31 league goals for me and that was after a very ropey start losing first 3 league games in a row.

I have screenshots to show my tactical approach that im using, but has anyone tried to develop a typical Joe Kinnear with the crazy gang, the John Beck days of Cambridge United powered by Dion Dublin or a Tony Pulis longball game on football manager?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

scoring so many deflected free-kicks it's ridiculous lol 

Scored 2 in one game.

I try to play possession football and it generally works but with the assistant manager in game when the advice comes up down the side.. my AM always seems to say were miss placing too many passes try going direct - why? I've got a good squad and they're all technically good so why the so many miss placed passes? Is it the way I've got them set up as control and fluid? 

On the other hand im creating a shit load of chances... 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Scored 2 in one game.

I try to play possession football and it generally works but with the assistant manager in game when the advice comes up down the side.. my AM always seems to say were miss placing too many passes try going direct - why? I've got a good squad and they're all technically good so why the so many miss placed passes? Is it the way I've got them set up as control and fluid? 

On the other hand im creating a shit load of chances... 

Ignore him. AM are usually wrong. I have a devastating 4411 formation and he keeps telling me my 22 goals striker is too isolated

On 3/20/2017 at 14:05, Lovejoy said:

Started a game as Genoa yesterday evening. Really bad at getting into a game on this, two full seasons at Hamburg and one with Leeds are the only times I've managed beyond Christmas on any save this year. Hopefully this will be different.

It seems a good challenge. Bang average squad and my only signing pre-season was to bring in Rugani on loan from Juve, which is quite a coup. In the league I've played 8, won 5 drawn 2 and just lost my first game of the season to Sassuolo. Very happy with that. My front three of Darko Lazovic, Diego Laxalt and Simeone Jr have surprisingly proved potent, with Mattia Perin excellent in between the sticks. Could be a good game, though some Redknapp style wheeling/dealing is likely to be required for a while to get anywhere.

Despite my low expectations, I managed to win the Serie A title in my first season as Genoa, with my only signings being Daniele Rugani on loan at the back and Marko Grujic on loan from Liverpool in the middle of the park. Absolutely mental season, I won the title with just 76 points with 6 points separating the top 7 at the end of the season. Going into the final game I was joint second with Torino, who I had at home on the last day. Inter, a point clear, had a seemingly straightforward trip to lowly Cagliari, however they managed to lose 1-0. Fiorentina were relegated with a half decent team alongside Atalanta and Crotone. Juventus finished 6th but won the Champions League beating Spurs in the final. Good news as Italy now have that fourth Champions League spot again at the expense of Germany.

It was a fun first season, one of the most enjoyable I've had in a few years. I was slightly disappointed with my transfer budget for season two having won the title the year before, but that has added to the enjoyment in ways as my squad consists of a decent first 11 with loan players and kids backing them up. Getting Balotelli on a free, Benassi on loan with a view to a perm and Paredes and Berardi for just £16m combined is definite progress, though all four of those players had disappointing seasons with their previous clubs.

Started in the Finnish 2nd division on a journeyman, did well, got a job in the Finnish 1st division, did crap. Resigned because there was absolutely no maneuvering with finances and it wasn't fun at all.

Now I'm at Real Salt Lake City in the MLS. Got loads of money, haven't a clue what half the rules are about but it's by far the best team I've had so far and will hopefully be more long term now.

Anyone on here play FM on Mac? I'm thinking about taking the plunge and wondered how it compares? Also, would I be able to play the version I've brought on Steam or have to purchase the Mac version separately?

I can't believe how effective basic 4-4-2 is. Two attacking wingers, advanced forward and defensive forward, standard back four, BBM & roaming playmaker. That formation, used for half a season at Barnsley, had me 2nd in the table for that half of the year after being 22nd in the first half of it.

Used to love that formation on the old FM. Think it was 11 I took Peterborough to the latter rounds of the Champions League using it, a really basic formation with two rapid forwards and two rapid wingers. Over-powered.

Speaking of over-powered, Nahki Wells got 47 goals for Huddersfield on my save lol 

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Anyone on here play FM on Mac? I'm thinking about taking the plunge and wondered how it compares? Also, would I be able to play the version I've brought on Steam or have to purchase the Mac version separately?

If you download Steam client on your Mac, it should allow you to re-download FM at no extra cost.

I play mine on my MacBook Pro, it works perfectly. There's no difference in the PC / Mac versions to my knowledge bar the obvious basic operating system differences like button commands, etc

...and the general superior stability that a Mac offers over a PC :ph34r:

*lights fuse and runs away*

Archived