Guest seanfox778 Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Merson has predicted us to win again, definitely a secret Leicester fan.
Sunbury Fox Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Given the other teams' fixtures, a win here could put us just 3 points off safety. And on top of that: We will have more games left to play that those teams. 5 out of our last 7 games are at home. Our last 2 away games are against teams around us. Burnley still have to play 3 out of their last 4 away and they have won only once away all season. Hull's run in is awful, as we know. QPR have only 2 winnable games left, taking the final game against us out of the equation. That's why a win here would be so massive.
Gerard Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 I think with De Laet and Schlupp recently establishing themselves as the full backs and Nugent and Vardy coming in to the side and we've scored some goals since they came back. Our central midfield is weak defensively with Cambiasso in the team as players go past him far too easily. I'd like to see 4-5-1 with Hammond coming back to anchor the midfield and Vardy and Nugent out wide as they are an attacking threat and hard workers. They could go more central and allow the full backs to cover their wide attacking areas with the knowledge we have a solid base of three central midfielders with Hammond being the defensive lynch pin. I just think we have had problems with our side all season trying to accommodate square pegs in round holes. I think Vardy and Nugent have probably solved a problem of how to get them in the team and with that the other problems can solve themselves.
jammie82uk Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 paul merson's view This is my shock of the weekend, away win. If they win this game, they will definitely stay up. I know West Brom had plenty of shots against QPR but letting in four goals at home to them is worrying. It’s a great time to play West Brom. They’ve been dragged back into the relegation fight. This is a game that Leicester must-win and that plays into their hands. They will always create chances and I fancy Jeff Schlupp to get on the scoresheet, he’s got great pace. PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet odds: 10/1)
Ollie93 Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Looking at the other fixtures, I can't see any of the teams around us winning or even gaining any points. That's why anything other than a loss is a must here. Obviously 3 points would be huge and would close the gap to 3 points, but even a point would be good. Huge game!
bluesbrothers Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 I think with De Laet and Schlupp recently establishing themselves as the full backs and Nugent and Vardy coming in to the side and we've scored some goals since they came back. Our central midfield is weak defensively with Cambiasso in the team as players go past him far too easily. I'd like to see 4-5-1 with Hammond coming back to anchor the midfield and Vardy and Nugent out wide as they are an attacking threat and hard workers. They could go more central and allow the full backs to cover their wide attacking areas with the knowledge we have a solid base of three central midfielders with Hammond being the defensive lynch pin. I just think we have had problems with our side all season trying to accommodate square pegs in round holes. I think Vardy and Nugent have probably solved a problem of how to get them in the team and with that the other problems can solve themselves. I agree to an extent, but going on the last performance, Cambiasso played an absolute blinder both attack and defense wise, while Schlupp put forward what I can honestly call the worst individual 90 minutes I've seen from a Leicester fullback since Ryan McGivern graced us with his presence. Hammond is excellent, but should not take Leicesterfan's place the week after his best performance for the club, and while he's far from perfect, I'd rather have Konch in at leftback because defensively, he's simply a better player. If Albrighton switches wings between attacks, he and Vardy will have plenty down the left to trouble anyone.
Claridge Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 We need to score at least 2 as we are bound to concede.Kramaric for Nugent and the same as last week. Drop Ulloa and the ball will just come straight back at us when cleared.
Richard Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Don't know if it's been said already but: This is my shock of the weekend, away win. If Leicester win this game, they will definitely stay up. -Paul Merson http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/313705/preview
Ozwin Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Can see this ending a draw and not doing anyone any favours.
ScouseFox Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 if we win we will definitely stay up haha. bet if we lose he says at 5pm on soccer saturday we are dead and buried. it's only a 3 point swing and id be amazed if we lost hardly any ground on anyone, even with a defeat. i'd say this was our second or third hardest fixture we have left. it's not make or break.
Ollie93 Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Just watching highlights of the Man U game at work, and the formation we played that day was; kasper rdl - morgan - moore - konch cambiasso Hammond - Drinkwater vardy Ulloa - Nugent And we all know what happened that day. I'm not saying play that exact team, but I like the idea of cambiasso playing just infront of the back 4 with 2 cm's infront. I'd then say play Albrighton wide on one side, probably nugent on the other and the ulloa/kramaric in the middle.
Soar Fox Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Just watching highlights of the Man U game at work, and the formation we played that day was; kasper rdl - morgan - moore - konch cambiasso Hammond - Drinkwater vardy Ulloa - Nugent And we all know what happened that day. I'm not saying play that exact team, but I like the idea of cambiasso playing just infront of the back 4 with 2 cm's infront. I'd then say play Albrighton wide on one side, probably nugent on the other and the ulloa/kramaric in the middle. It wasn't, Hammond played deeper more in the Cambiasso role, and Nugent wasn't up top. He did a great job that day of linking the play from the midfield to Leo but also standing on Daley Blinds toes and not letting him have any time & space on the ball.
Finnaldo Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Could be a vital game. I know Merson might be egging it over a bit with 'definitely stay up' but the win here would make the final run-in so much easier with what we have left. If we can pull it out here and there is no shocks then it is well and truly on.
MooseBreath Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 This is a must win, if not mathematically, then psychologically, we need to prove to ourselves we can beat a team like West Brom away and that we can win two in a row. No idea what Pearson will do to tactically. I've tried to keep up with his thinking this season but he almost seems to be just throwing darts at a piece of a4 paper with a pitch drawn on it now. Which is probably just as effective as when he was thinking it through. I expect he'll keep everything the same as last week, but who knows, could be anything.
Benguin Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 I can see us winning this. I really want a comfortable win as my ass cheeks can't take any more of us trying to hold onto 1 goal lead. 3-2 Vardy, Albrighton, Kramaric with ours and Berahino with theirs.
weller54 Posted 10 April 2015 Author Posted 10 April 2015 I've got a feeling Cambiasso will have a stonking game and lead us to a win!!!
TheUltimateWinner Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Kasper De Laet Morgan Huth Konchesky Cambi James Vardy Nugent Albrighton Kram
Matt Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 if we win we will definitely stay up haha. bet if we lose he says at 5pm on soccer saturday we are dead and buried. it's only a 3 point swing and id be amazed if we lost hardly any ground on anyone, even with a defeat. i'd say this was our second or third hardest fixture we have left. it's not make or break. But that is why this is such an important game to win for me. 1) We cannot take other teams losing as a given. 2) However the likelyhood is others teams around us will lose therefore whilst 'we won't lose any ground on them' we must capitalise on this and it's an ideal opportunity to close the gap and make life slightly easier for ourselves.
ScouseFox Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 But that is why this is such an important game to win for me. 1) We cannot take other teams losing as a given. 2) However the likelyhood is others teams around us will lose therefore whilst 'we won't lose any ground on them' we must capitalise on this and it's an ideal opportunity to close the gap and make life slightly easier for ourselves. yep i get that, my point though was that if we win we definitely aren't safe, and as, imo, this is one of our tougher fixtures and you'd think most above us will be losing, a defeat is a stinker but hardly the end of the world. if we win and everyone else's games go to form and they lose we're in with a hell of a shout. if everyone at the bottom loses we go again with a very winnable fixture coming up, followed by a crunch game vs burnley. if we win 2 of our next 3 then merson could say we "will stay up".
LCCFox96 Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 Paul Merson backing us again and the Picture Gallery indicating we may finally get to see Albrighton's service linking up with Ulloa aerial ability. The omens are good and we have Cambiasso really performing at the moment. Back to back wins would be so sweet and a welcome boost.
Master Fox Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 The thing that excites me most is Vardy coming back into form. Anyone feel our team is finally starting to click again? This could be special.
LCCFox96 Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 The thing that excites me most is Vardy coming back into form. Anyone feel our team is finally starting to click again? This could be special. Also linking up well with Nugent again recently, as per 13/14 season. The pairs ability to interchange the front 3 positions with Kramaric also impressed me against West Ham. More of the same please.
Fox92 Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 I'm driving. Where's a good place to park btw? It's not very good, if I recall correctly. It'll be my third visit tomorrow and I'm pretty sure the last two times haven't been too good in terms of parking.
Renart Posted 10 April 2015 Posted 10 April 2015 I am nervous about this one already and it is only Friday afternoon. Somebody give me a slap!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.