Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
weller54

WBA.. Back to back wins!....Pre Match Chat

Recommended Posts

Posted

if we win we will definitely stay up haha. bet if we lose he says at 5pm on soccer saturday we are dead and buried. it's only a 3 point swing and id be amazed if we lost hardly any ground on anyone, even with a defeat. i'd say this was our second or third hardest fixture we have left. it's not make or break.

At a guess, I think he meant if west brom win, they will stay up

Posted

Sunderland winning today was a bit annoying - however I still think Hull will be the team that gets dragged into the tighter relegation battle at the end of the season and the most likely to go down if one of the 3 in the relegation zone now manage to escape.

 

I'd love us to keep an attacking formation away from home against teams like WBA that we could realistically win. (... although the pessimists on here might point out the fact we've not been winning many of the "could/ should win" games this season).

 

Anyway here's the team I'd like to see start

 

 

                                                                                                        Kasper

 

                                                                  RDL                    Was                 Huth                       Konch

 

                                                                                   Cambiasso                        James

 

                                                                         Albrighton                 Nugent                           Vardy

 

                                                                                                          Kramaric

 

 

Subs - Hamer, Wes, Schlupp, King, Drinkwater, Ulloa, Mahrez

 

 

 

However I wouldn't mind if Nigel wants to play King instead of Nugent

 

Earlier I suggested this team - however with Hammond reported to be fit I'm tempted to suggest another alternative

 

                                                                                                      Kasper

 

                                                                                                 Was                 Huth                     

 

                                                                   Albrighton              Hammond     James         Vardy

 

                                                                                               Cambiasso       King                      

 

                                                                                                          Nugent                          

 

                                                                                                          Kramaric

 

Which seems bizare - but WBA are leaking goals. Yes this leaves us vunerable on the wings - and Albrigton and Vardy will have a lot of running to do - but both can turn def quickly to attack. Hammond and James are both able to do defensive duties too - but also allows us to pack the midfield for once. And Hammond and King work well together as do Nugent Vady and Kramaric. And Cambiasso and Hammond can both marshall the players making sure everyone is where they need to be at any given time, with a team that will not give WBA any time to settle on the ball and attack attack attack.

Posted

I'll wait till I see them but I can't help think they're abit cringy? Meh if it helps the support/makes the away end look good can't fault it I suppose.

 

My word. How utterly embarrassing.

Posted

Oh bloody hell, they're not giving away more free stuff based purely on good intentions are they?

For fvcks sake, what bastards.

 

Good intentions but truly horrendous execution.

 

 

Earlier I suggested this team - however with Hammond reported to be fit I'm tempted to suggest another alternative

 

                                                                                                      Kasper

 

                                                                                                 Was                 Huth                     

 

                                                                   Albrighton              Hammond     James         Vardy

 

                                                                                               Cambiasso       King                      

 

                                                                                                          Nugent                          

 

                                                                                                          Kramaric

 

Which seems bizare - but WBA are leaking goals. Yes this leaves us vunerable on the wings - and Albrigton and Vardy will have a lot of running to do - but both can turn def quickly to attack. Hammond and James are both able to do defensive duties too - but also allows us to pack the midfield for once. And Hammond and King work well together as do Nugent Vady and Kramaric. And Cambiasso and Hammond can both marshall the players making sure everyone is where they need to be at any given time, with a team that will not give WBA any time to settle on the ball and attack attack attack.

 

Hold on, Vardy, a centre forward, would be our only player on the left?

 

They'd have a complete field day. Nothing wrong with thinking out of the box but we would be truly pissed on playing that formation.

Posted

As mentioned previously by others I'd be happy enough with a point and a positive performance.

I know its out of our control but this week its important that our relegation rivals dont pick up points as I'd earmarked defeats for Villa, Burnley, QPR and Hull...

Posted

We really need to win today to start building some momentum.

I'd be conscious that we may get over run in midfield (as we did for a spell against West Ham last week) so I'd recall Danny.

My team would be

Kasper

De Laet

Was (although he'll obviously play Wes)

Huth

Sclupp

James

Drinkwater

Cambiasso

Albrighton

Vardy

Kramaric

Plenty of pace down the wings with Sclupp and De Laet, a bit of bite in midfield and loads of pace up front.

Posted

I'm nervous.

They will be up for this after last week and Jeff Astle day will get the crowd behind them.

If we go back to playing five at the back I can't see us coming away with anything.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Gonna set out early for this one..and its peeing down..

:o

Posted

Just watching highlights of the Man U game at work, and the formation we played that day was;

 

                              kasper 

 

              rdl - morgan  - moore - konch 

 

                           cambiasso 

 

               Hammond -   Drinkwater

 

                             vardy 

                 

                    Ulloa   -   Nugent

 

And we all know what happened that day.

 

I'm not saying play that exact team, but I like the idea of cambiasso playing just infront of the back 4 with 2 cm's infront. I'd then say play Albrighton wide on one side, probably nugent on the other and the ulloa/kramaric in the middle.

how did they only get 3 with that defence?

Posted

Last week Cortana predicted a Leicester win......this week a draw....lets hope artificial intelligence is right! Or we get a win. Points are points!!

Posted

Would still go for

 

Kasper

 

RDL

Morgan

Huth

Konchesky

 

James

King

Cambiasso

 

Vardy

Nugent

Kramaric

 

But the signs are pointing to Ulloa for Kramaric and Albrighton for King. Which is fine, but I think 3 in midfield away from home is the best approach. 

Posted

Same as last week Nige, although I was impressed with Albrightons contribution, some lovely crosses into the box.. and to be fair I'd be quite happy with Kramaric starting ahead of Ulloa

maybe..

 

Kasper

 

RDL - Wes - Huth - Schlupp

 

Albrighton - Cambiasso - James - Vards

Nuge

Kramaric

Posted

Game is on at The Albion in Hoxton for any Londoners interested

Posted

I'd predict an unchanged line up bar Albrighton in for Mahrez. However, like others have said Kramaric coming in for Ulloa wouldn't be too bad either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...