Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Burnley away..

I think that given their predicament and our recent form, we have to continue the same way and just go for it. whilst a draw keeps them below us, a defeat takes them only a point clear which is probably recoverable in the remaining games.  the way we started against swansea set the tempo for the match and they never recovered. i doubt burnley will be expecting us to be gung ho at their place. an early goal could be devastating for them. if we were to concede first, given our current mindset, we would expect to equalise and should do. another tricky one for the management to decide.  before saturday, i would have urged caution but after the way we went about our task, i am happy to keep with the same outlook.  

Unsure at what the formation might be. Three at the back? 4-4-2? I'm still unsure about Schlupp at left-back but I don't really fancy us playing Konchesky again.

Albrighton, Vardy, Cambiasso, King, Ulloa, Huth, Schlupp, Kasper have all got to start. I'm okay with Mahrez coming off the bench, he looks up for it again. I'd love Kramaric to start but has to hit the target with his shots.

If Nuge is fit he has to be back in.

Nuge and Vardy sum up what Leicester are about. Get into 'em, never say die, speed and passion, lacking a little accuracy.

Question for me is whether Nuge comes back in for Kram or Ulloa.

Burnley's very undeserved equaliser at the KP in injury time was a low point in my season. We owe them one for that. We are clearly the better team based on that performance and Championship winners defining performance at the their place last season...

I just hope that we don't go into this game expecting to win after our recent good run of form. The last three games have been incredible, great performances from everyone. But I believe the hard work starts now. Those wins have got us into a great position but now we have to really push on, Burnley will be expecting us to turn up like we've already won. I think if we can get an early goal and play with pace we will destroy them.

It's gonna be a whole different animal to today. Both teams scrapping for their lives. But we can win it and if we do oh my god, just oh my god.

A win at Burnley to emulate our crucial one there last season in the league below at a similar stage of the season would be great on Saturday, especially after we tossed away two points from a winning position so late on at the King Power against them earlier on this season........a game which arguably set us on our way down that slippery slope from there on up until the turning point at Spurs, followed by finally winning the following West Ham game in close fashion.

A draw at Turf Moor would do us too (certainly more so than it would Burnley), although a win would obviously really pile the pressure on Hull and Sunderland were they to get nothing from their next games. All the same we've given ourselves a great chance to beat the drop now but as you say this Saturday's game to come is a different animal to the previous three fixtures we've had, whereby all three opponents had less to play for - WBA being the odd one out there maybe but even before they played us two weekends ago they probably thought they had done enough by then to stop up.

Would rather they have Barnes playing, because he usually plays out of position and Burnley haven't been scoring recently so id rather they keep the same team! Would go 4231 if Nugent is available. Massive game this, absolutely massive

I wanna see us match up man for man vs Burnley as I think we have the better players.

Kasper

Schluup

Morgan

Huth

RDL

Mahrez

Cambiasso

King

Albrighton

Vardy

Kramaric

Kramaric needs a goal. This could be the game.

To be honest though I don't think there is any right or wrong approach to this game. Tough call for Nige. History suggests he will go with an unchanged lineup to Swansea.

I wanna see us match up man for man vs Burnley as I think we have the better players.

Kasper

Schluup

Morgan

Huth

RDL

Mahrez

Cambiasso

King

Albrighton

Vardy

Kramaric

Kramaric needs a goal. This could be the game.

To be honest though I don't think there is any right or wrong approach to this game. Tough call for Nige. History suggests he will go with an unchanged lineup to Swansea.

Nugent for Kramaric if fit for me. Also, i'd play DS over RDL for this one. 

I'd play was and Nugent if fit. Nugent has a great record against them. If they are both out I'd go with the same as you but start with ulloa up top and bring Kram on second half. Ulloa knows all about burnley from the championship and it's going to be scrappy. Just don't think it's the beat game to chuck kramaric in away from home against a side that will probably try and kick lumps out of us.

Start with Kram against Chelski.

Really vulnerable is clearly a massive exaggeration, we conceded the most genuine chances in the second half (by rights, they should have had a penalty) where as we largely restricted them to long range pot shots in the first.

Anyway, I'm not stating my preferred formation I'm stating what I think will happen and that's that Pearson will finally go with some tactical consistency and pick a winning team.

Well Pearson clearly thought we looked pretty vulnerable because he brought off a player who was playing well and changed the formation at half time.

Did we? We looked comfortable first half and they got nowhere - the moment they got to 25 yards out there was absolutely no way through and they resorted to potshots. Once Wasyl went off and we went 4-4-2 they got far more joy going forward, got into the box more and had better chances. You've got to be daft to suggest the 4-4-2 was better defensively than the 3-4-3.

Well our manager must have thought we looked vulnerable down the flanks too. Otherwise why would he sub off a player at half time and switch the formation!? There's a clue

Archived