Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Burnley away..

All depends on how we set out our stall, considering we have played so many different ways this season, it is hard to predict.

Will we go 4-4-2, 3-2-3-1 or 3-5-2?

Will Nugent be fit? or Ulloa start?

Just have to wait and see.

Its almost a repeat of last season. A win and we put them to bed a defeat and they are right back in it.

Same result would do very nicely, though its going to be a tough one.

All of a sudden I think the players believe and I think that we carry us to some kind of result.

Sam Vokes is waiting to get his season started, he'll surely come in for Barnes?

Losing Nugent will be a big blow as he's guaranteed a goal but the form we are in and the pressure both teams are under will hopefully see Cambiasso pull the strings and get us over the line. It'll be a very, very tough game. Dyche is a superb motivator and bar his voice and his drivel he's seems a salt of the earth.

These last 3 wins have given us belief and hope again when it was all but lost, it's heartbreak like this when you don't see if through that hurts more. We are in the mix though so let's see this through.

Kramaric will do the business away from home and the scrutiny of 32,000 fans.

Sam Vokes is waiting to get his season started, he'll surely come in for Barnes?

Losing Nugent will be a big blow as he's guaranteed a goal but the form we are in and the pressure both teams are under will hopefully see Cambiasso pull the strings and get us over the line. It'll be a very, very tough game. Dyche is a superb motivator and bar his voice and his drivel he's seems a salt of the earth.

These last 3 wins have given us belief and hope again when it was all but lost, it's heartbreak like this when you don't see if through that hurts more. We are in the mix though so let's see this through.

Is Nugent definitely out for this one?

Also, how many goals do you need to score at U21 level before you get a place in the first team squad? Could Panayiotou earn himself a place on the bench if Nugent is out injured?

Panayiotou looks like a very promising guy. He has his head screwed on by the sounds of him and that is key for development.

Kasper

RDL

Huth

Morgan

Konchesky

Albrighton

Cambiasso

King

Schluup

Kramaric

Vardy

I think Konh is the better defender and we miss Schluup going forward when left back.

Without Barnes I think Kram dropping deep could be the big bonus, I think he will run riot!!

Burnley 1 - Leicester 4

Kramaric hat trick and the magic man with one for luck.

We are staying up!

All depends on how we set out our stall, considering we have played so many different ways this season, it is hard to predict.

Will we go 4-4-2, 3-2-3-1 or 3-5-2?

Will Nugent be fit? or Ulloa start?

Just have to wait and see.

343?

Anyway, can't see us going 3 at the back, as they will play 442 with wingers and will exploit the lack of fullbacks in any formation with 3 at the back

I think both teams will be 442, slugging it out and the hardest working side of the two will nick it

Fairly sure Vokes and Ings have been playing up top together for the last few weeks with Barnes out wide left, so he'll definitely play.

Have no reason not to be confident given contrasting runs of form but as you say the Dyche-factor will give something a little extra this weekend. If we win here, we'll stay up no doubt.

Would probably stick with the side that started against Swansea. Not sure why we should change to match them up, make them change to match us up! If we can stamp our authority on the game our flexible 3-4-1-2 will offer more of a threat than their rigid 4-4-2.

Kasper

Wasyl
Huth
Morgan

Albrighton
King
Cambiasso

Schlupp

Kramaric (Nuge if fit)

Ulloa
Vardy

Unfortunately Nige has already done their pre-match team talk for them following his "better than them on every level" rant at the start of the season.

They will be really up for this. I'd definitely take a draw.

Thefact were in form and theyre in a rut is the thing scaring me most. Dyche will have them well up for this and I honestly believe this is one of those games where form does go out the window. First goal is massive in this. The fact Barnes is out worries me too, id rather him be around and Dyche stick with their hopeless, goal drought tactics. Guaranteed Ings breaks his duck and Burnley end their rut against us, its the Leicester way.

Everything reverts to the mean eventually so I always take form with a pinch of salt and I'm more interested in the quality of the sides.

We have no right to go away to any team in this league and expect to win away from home.

Even though we're still in the relegation zone we have got a tiny bit of breathing space as our point expectation haul between now and the end of the season is more than any other club's in the bottom five.

A win and we're in touching distance of safety. If QPR fail to beat West Ham as well then surely we'll finish above both Burnley and QPR?

A loss and our breathing space is eradicated but we're still very much in the thick of it.

I'd certainly take a point if offered now. A point isn't good enough for Burnley in this fixture. They'll have one home game left and three away and we'll have four home games and one away. There's also a reasonable chance none of the bottom five win on Saturday either so we could draw and still be in a better position than we are now.

Saturday will be pivotal as all the teams are playing one of  their perceived easiest games left. Burnley and QPR have to win and Hull, Sunderland and Leicester need at least a draw. The table will be very interesting reading on Saturday evening.

Referee confirmed: it's Anthony Taylor.

He's only refereed one of our games this season - Arsenal at home 1-1. Can't remember what he was like.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/referees/appointments.html

From the match ratings,he was average http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/96960-match-ratings-201415-arsenal-h-results-motm/#entry3131445

Unfortunately Nige has already done their pre-match team talk for them following his "better than them on every level" rant at the start of the season.

They will be really up for this. I'd definitely take a draw.

Goes both ways though doesn't it, Gravel Mouth hasn't exactly been to complimentary about us over the past two seasons has he. As Jeff said last season "If you want a scrap, we'll scrap". 

Fairly sure Vokes and Ings have been playing up top together for the last few weeks with Barnes out wide left, so he'll definitely play.

Have no reason not to be confident given contrasting runs of form but as you say the Dyche-factor will give something a little extra this weekend. If we win here, we'll stay up no doubt.

No yeah Vokes and Ings have both been playing recently, not scored yet so will prolly score Saturday lol.

This game is a worry for me on the basis that they are now the ones who have no choice but to play attacking football for the win and we are somehow now in a position where a draw is a good enough and will probably see us out of the drop zone. I really hope we don't go into like that but a change of mentality is possible. 

You must be blind. We looked far more solid when Wasilewski went off for De Laet. No way we can play with just three defenders. It'll be a back 4

WE had to change our formation because THEY changed their formation..

i'm actually quite nervous about this game.

we always seem to lose the games we are supposed to be favorites for.   I can see Ings scoring  early on and them shutting up shop.  

We struggle to finish off the weaker teams and this will be no exception

Chelsea however is a different story.  I can see us nicking a win and then ruing the missed opportunity at Burnley.

Lets see

No yeah Vokes and Ings have both been playing recently, not scored yet so will prolly score Saturday lol.

This game is a worry for me on the basis that they are now the ones who have no choice but to play attacking football for the win and we are somehow now in a position where a draw is a good enough and will probably see us out of the drop zone. I really hope we don't go into like that but a change of mentality is possible. 

All the pressure is on Burnley.

If we win they'll have little chance of catching us and will probably need to beat Hull away as they'll need to finish above Hull, QPR and Sunderland to stay up.

If it's a draw that's not good enough for them, you need to win your home games against relegation rivals at this stage.

If we lose we still have every chance of finishing above them, we can afford to lose this but Burnley can't.

Archived