Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Burnley away..

Assuming Wasyl is fine, I'll be amazed if we change the team. Everything is clicking. Leave it be. Kramaric, Ulloa, Vardy, same midfield, let's have em.

You must be blind. We looked far more solid when Wasilewski went off for De Laet. No way we can play with just three defenders. It'll be a back 4

You must be blind. We looked far more solid when Wasilewski went off for De Laet. No way we can play with just three defenders. It'll be a back 4

In fairness aren't Burnley on a real baron patch for goals?

I don't think it would be too unreasonable to take a similar approach to Saturday - attacking line-up for the first 30 minutes and push for an early goal, then see where we are after 30 minutes.

I don't think it would be too unreasonable to take a similar approach to Saturday - attacking line-up for the first 30 minutes and push for an early goal, then see where we are after 30 minutes.

I thought we looked really vulnerable down the flanks in the first half against Swansea. Not Wasilewski's fault, he played well but we needed cover and it was addressed at half time. Can't see us lining up like that in a game where a point is decent enough. Burnley play 442 with two wide men too. I think we'll play a back 4

This is a massive, massive game. Win and we can hopefully start to build a gap with games running out fast. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world. If we lose, and everyone else loses too, then it remains so tight at the bottom.

Already starting to feel the nerves for this one and it's only Monday! God knows what I'll be like come Saturday

Yeah I have lost Count of the number of games in which they have failed to score recently. If we can get an Early goal it will be difficult for them to put their Dukes up, and if we get a 2nd well Sirly we will just Lord it over them. Any manager would pay a King's Ransom to have a quickfire two goal lead at Turf Moor.

I think we need to go all out attack again right from the off - I think Burnley will feel they can get a result against us as earlier the season, so put them into panic mode and on the back foot as early as possible and hopefully they'll crumble. Doesn't seem to matter if we go a goal down now, just keep attacking and eventually we'll get ahead. COME ON 

Really vulnerable is clearly a massive exaggeration, we conceded the most genuine chances in the second half (by rights, they should have had a penalty) where as we largely restricted them to long range pot shots in the first.

Anyway, I'm not stating my preferred formation I'm stating what I think will happen and that's that Pearson will finally go with some tactical consistency and pick a winning team.

Teams have to work very hard indeed to beat Burnley.

Hopefully we can repeat last season's performance and play them off the park to come away with 3 points, but given how difficult it will be and it will be much harder than playing 3 mid-table teams I think a draw is a better result for us than it will be for them.

Bettering Hull or Sunderland's result on the day would be incredible!

Crucially for us with our last 3 results this game is now only a must win for Burnley. If we lose then it isnt the end of the world. A draw wouldnt be a bad result but a win (very achieveable) would probably shatter any hope of Burnley staying up and really put us in an amazing position for safety. They are playing poor atm and the goals have dried up. I say stick with 3-5-2 and play with the same intensity and we could be onto a comfortable win. As far as im concerned there is no pressure on our players as a defeat will now only look like a set back rather than a nail in the coffin.

Take the game to Burnley and we can easily beat them. We were under pressure last season at Turf Moor (different kind of pressure but pressure nonetheless) and we bossed that game.

Barnes being suspended is a massive boost for us. He is a nuisance player and has done well this season for Burnley. They will always be a dangerous team playing as underdogs but there is no reason why we cant beat them.

Lets correct the wrongs of the draw at the KP and smash these to shit.

Yeah I have lost Count of the number of games in which they have failed to score recently. If we can get an Early goal it will be difficult for them to put their Dukes up, and if we get a 2nd well Sirly we will just Lord it over them. Any manager would pay a King's Ransom to have a quickfire two goal lead at Turf Moor.

Ha.  I wondered what the fk you were on about the first three times I read it.

Did we? We looked comfortable first half and they got nowhere - the moment they got to 25 yards out there was absolutely no way through and they resorted to potshots. Once Wasyl went off and we went 4-4-2 they got far more joy going forward, got into the box more and had better chances. You've got to be daft to suggest the 4-4-2 was better defensively than the 3-4-3.

Assuming Wasyl is fine, I'll be amazed if we change the team. Everything is clicking. Leave it be. Kramaric, Ulloa, Vardy, same midfield, let's have em.

Agree with this, lets not try to be too clever.

Never change a winning team...is a simple adage to follow.

Did we? We looked comfortable first half and they got nowhere - the moment they got to 25 yards out there was absolutely no way through and they resorted to potshots. Once Wasyl went off and we went 4-4-2 they got far more joy going forward, got into the box more and had better chances. You've got to be daft to suggest the 4-4-2 was better defensively than the 3-4-3.

Thought Wasyl was superb until he picked up his injury.

I was much more worried once RDL came on.

Although RDL played really well when called upon i have to agree with The Doctor in that we looked a much better outfit before we went to 4-4-2. Not that we played bad as a 4-4-2 but Swansea certainly had more success when we were 4-4-2

This could be a class game as Burnley will be up for it. Games are running out for them to turn it around and we're hoping to continue our winning run. A point would be ok for us but if Nugent is back then it's almost certain that little scrote will win it for us. He's ridiculous against Burnley and Ipswich.

We should start 4-2-3-1 knowing we have the flexibility to change it if we need to.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Huth

Schlupp

Cambiasso

King

Albighton

Nugent/Kramaric if not fit

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs:Schwarzer, Wasyl, Konch, James, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Kramaric/Lawrence

We can afford to draw..!!!! Like the hell we can.!!

If Chelsea wrap up the league early, Newcastle and Liverpool have a poor end of the season.

37pts might be not enough for 17th.

OUR targets or worries are not Burnley or QPR , but those teams above us upto West Brom.

I may stand alone on this, but like us all these teams upto 14th-13th have at least 2 game "get outs", and their players and fans will be looking at the possible points they can achieve including hard fought unexpected Draws.

Hull, Sunderland dont forget have the experience of snatching points, from last season.Plus their run in is not so difficult, when taking in twist and turns of this beautiful game.

This run and momentum of ours, has only put us in the mix, but still in in the bottom 3, any type of complacency, and low level target setting keeps us there.

We must grab early as possible that 17th place, and not throw it away, believing other teams are too much under pressure, so job done.

Positives on our side, Newcastle won this season 5-6 games on the trott, last season we won 9 I believe.

On this form we have belief that can carry you through 6 games, also fighting out unexpected draws or win (Chelsea).

We tamed a strong Swansea midfield, forget their loss of striker.

Now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel , lets not lower one single target.

Now because of new born hope, this game against Burnley, is that preverbal ..must win game .

Why..? Its the game that most likely takes us to 16th., and with Villa in cup rausch, puts them even under pressure.

It is a big boost for us that Barnes is suspended but we can't be complacent at all.  Burnley have hit bottom of the league and that will provide a psychological kick up the backside.  I think Burnley have a fair chance to stay up - 9 points for them gives them 35 and that might just do it this season so when you look at their fixtures they will be eyeing 3 points from us, Hull and they are surely now nailed on for 3 points at Villa on the last day of the season when a safe Villa will have the Cup Final on their minds.

Love him or hate him, Dyche is a great motivator and all his players will be up for it in a big way and is typical of why actually, our run in isn't necessarily that easy with Sunderland and QPR potentially both sighting us as their biggest games too.

We have to get after Burnley straight from the kick off.  An early goal for us to silence the crowd would be massive.

A win in this game is within us but a draw isn't bad either.  We need 4 points at least from the Burnley/Sunderland games.

Archived