Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Funny things Schlupp did

Sorry, he was quality today.

I can see why big teams looked at him.

**** sake get a grip.

So don't give us bull-plop and claim you think he's ok. You don't.

The game I saw today saw defensive errors across the board. All over the place.

When Sanchez scores with his head you know you are in trouble.

Was Schlupp marking him too? Or when he was in acres for the second goal?

#mattpreallydontratejeff.com

that was the start of the bad things to come!

It was the fact he took ages deciding what to do and then just didn't even get it on the pitch and it wasn't even close to a Leicester player.

I'm a big fan of Jeff, but I think it is time for Fuchs, Schlupp is a great player to be able to bring on if we need more pace, but we are going to be a lot more secure with Fuchs in a back 4 and put Albrighton in front of RDL unless we go with 3 at the back and use Jeff as a wing back.

I like it when he thinks the ball will go out for a throwing/goal kick and sort of just stops running and chills out a bit, then the opposition just take the ball and you can see his brain slowly processing what just happened, he's like "SHIT" and legs it. Happens a few times a game.

So don't give us bull-plop and claim you think he's ok. You don't.

The game I saw today saw defensive errors across the board. All over the place.

When Sanchez scores with his head you know you are in trouble.

Was Schlupp marking him too? Or when he was in acres for the second goal?

#mattpreallydontratejeff.com

Well for starters, Sanchez is pretty decent in the air so your point is a bit irrelevant.

Yesterday just re-assured my belief that he isn't a left back.

In a 3-5-2, on the left side, he's your man.

In a 4-4-2 he's an impact sub on the wing for me.

I think he's improved a lot of his game but I just don't think he's a quick enough thinker to play in defence. Twice he played their forwards onside for goals.

Yesterday just re-assured my belief that he isn't a left back.

In a 3-5-2, on the left side, he's your man.

In a 4-4-2 he's an impact sub on the wing for me.

I think he's improved a lot of his game but I just don't think he's a quick enough thinker to play in defence. Twice he played their forwards onside for goals.

He did the same thing against Stoke for their first too. Whenever an opposition player breaks the offside trap, good money that it'll be Schlupp dazing and not paying attention playing him onside.

He did the same thing against Stoke for their first too. Whenever an opposition player breaks the offside trap, good money that it'll be Schlupp dazing and not paying attention playing him onside.

It's happened too many times with him. It's a shame but small things like that make a big difference and that's why for me we're better off trying to actually play to his strengths rather than to convert him into something he isn't. He's an instinct player. They don't generally make good defenders.

I don't know where to start

lol

the third goal is why he will never be a left back innit really. ignores the ball an the man in the build up eventually works out he's playing a game of footy so strolls back just in time to play sanchez offside but not mark him or challenge for he ball. great guy tho

He has no idea how to hold a defensive line. It really is amateur stuff, like a kid thinking that the number one and only rule of defending is to make sure you're goal-side of your man. Needs a bit of coaching to look along the line and see when he can play people offside.

It's not his fault really as he's not a left back. In a 3-5-2 he can play as a wing back because he can defend but it also puts him slightly ahead of the back three more often than not rather than in a flat back four.

The thing with Sclupp is that he's trying to learn a new position. That's hard enough when you're pretty switched on but he's clearly not the sharpest tool in the box so it's a big ask.

it would also help if the CB inside him was talking to him, 1 of the CB's is supposed to take charge of the defensive line I don't see either organising it, that said the third goal is down to Kasper should have been much quicker off his line, beaten to an aerial ball by Sanchez really isn't good enough from him

He has no idea how to hold a defensive line. It really is amateur stuff, like a kid thinking that the number one and only rule of defending is to make sure you're goal-side of your man. Needs a bit of coaching to look along the line and see when he can play people offside.

It's not his fault really as he's not a left back. In a 3-5-2 he can play as a wing back because he can defend but it also puts him slightly ahead of the back three more often than not rather than in a flat back four.

The thing with Sclupp is that he's trying to learn a new position. That's hard enough when you're pretty switched on but he's clearly not the sharpest tool in the box so it's a big ask.

Good, sensible post. And explains correctly why Schlupp is a better LWB.

He's slightly forward of the back three.

it would also help if the CB inside him was talking to him, 1 of the CB's is supposed to take charge of the defensive line I don't see either organising it, that said the third goal is down to Kasper should have been much quicker off his line, beaten to an aerial ball by Sanchez really isn't good enough from him

legit in my top 3 posters, after every schlupp howler i always look forward to you saying he is blameless really makes my weekend

10/10 effort today sayin schlupp isn't at fault cos someone else should be talking him through every basic part of the game for every second of the whole 96 minutes gahahagaha

legit in my top 3 posters, after every schlupp howler i always look forward to you saying he is blameless really makes my weekend

10/10 effort today sayin schlupp isn't at fault cos someone else should be talking him through every basic part of the game for every second of the whole 96 minutes gahahagaha

I think the point Jimmy is making is that yourself and others look to scapegoat Schlupp. He isn't blameless but neither are any of them defensively at present.

Huth for instance has gone well off recently. I suggest he's probably missing the presence of Pearson more than most. But is there a Huth thread? I get the funny things Jeff did idea...but it's become more of a slag fest really. That's scapegoating.

why is everything so serious though, most the stuff he does really is funny. just cos he's a footballer doesnt mean it can't be funny. if he worked in an office and did this kinda stuff he'd be everyone's hero, don't see why this should be any different. 

his hilarious contributions rarely, if ever have a negative affect on the team. he does stupid stuff that isn't funny like not marking his man or watching the ball and that's bad and nobody enjoys it, but things like running into people or running straight out of play are just funny 

I think the point Jimmy is making is that yourself and others look to scapegoat Schlupp. He isn't blameless but neither are any of them defensively at present.

Huth for instance has gone well off recently. I suggest he's probably missing the presence of Pearson more than most. But is there a Huth thread? I get the funny things Jeff did idea...but it's become more of a slag fest really. That's scapegoating.

as i said i the post ive quoted on the last page there's stupid stuff like just forgetting where he is that is funny, but forgetting how to defend (is he ever knew in the first place) to the detriment of the team is when is becomes less funny and more annoying. and worth criticising. 

but it's true that's not for this thread, this is to appreciate him which im sure we all can 

Archived