Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Funny things Schlupp did

When Schlupp just missed Albrighton's teasing low cross in the 1st half, slid into the goal, and got his boot caught in the net...

I love our Jeff.

Did someone ask if he was a striker at the academy to start? lol

Was until about halfway through the title winning season when pearson stuck him at left back.

Svennis experimented with this in preseason friendlies, IIRC.

Just hope we don't play him as left back from now on. He looked more comfortable as a winger yesterday and it was a really good goal from starting the move, the run and composure to finish. Needs to do that more often.

I've finally bitten the bullet and taken him out of my fantasy team so can guarantee he scores this weekend.

:cool: - also replaced him with Darmain... ffs.

Still, had Mahrez captain, Aguero vice so I've lucked out massively going the opposite way.

when he went over the advertising board today 9/10 funniness rating. 

Sensational effort from him. Also shout out for ending up tangled with the net and a trip when he got out, and also to mention him scoring a goal (very nice finish too), didn't look like he had a clue what to do when he'd scored and that's the only way it should be. What a hero.

Hes our Modern, Rodney Fern.

hidden talent, doesnt realise he is quite a good player, shocks himself when he beats 3 men.Runs like a pedigree, then suddenly realises he still has the ball.

His crossing, his passing, improved out of all proportions, from last season.I think he would be now pleasantly suprised,

how the worst debunkers, on this forum, are seeing progress and just maybe like Kante a little gem, with the best yet to come.

But in this case well done to NP, for keeping to him.

Now serious , has Dyer for competition.

Hes our Modern, Rodney Fern.

hidden talent, doesnt realise he is quite a good player, shocks himself when he beats 3 men.Runs like a pedigree, then suddenly realises he still has the ball.

His crossing, his passing, improved out of all proportions, from last season.I think he would be now pleasantly suprised,

how the worst debunkers, on this forum, are seeing progress and just maybe like Kante a little gem, with the best yet to come.

But in this case well done to NP, for keeping to him.

Now serious , has Dyer for competition.

the same NP that sent him to United on trial then got arsey when quizzed about it?

• 3 weeks later...

Not really "funny things Schlupp did" but probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a football match was during the Schlupp's mercifully brief spell at #10 today.

After a here to very ineffective 10 minutes or so in that role involving the usual surging pace and irregular touch of Schlupp's usual play (but concentrated into a far smaller area than usual), the ball was played into him 35 yards from goal and with nobody at his back and a good 10 yards of space to run into.

As he controlled the ball it seemed the whole Kop cried in unison "TUUUUURN". Never heard anything like it before at the football. Jeff took 2 or 3 touches and laid it off the direction he was facing.

Don't ever change.

Not really "funny things Schlupp did" but probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a football match was during the Schlupp's mercifully brief spell at #10 today.

After a here to very ineffective 10 minutes or so in that role involving the usual surging pace and irregular touch of Schlupp's usual play (but concentrated into a far smaller area than usual), the ball was played into him 35 yards from goal and with nobody at his back and a good 10 yards of space to run into.

As he controlled the ball it seemed the whole Kop cried in unison "TUUUUURN". Never heard anything like it before at the football. Jeff took 2 or 3 touches and laid it off the direction he was facing.

Don't ever change.

I don't know which was the funniest moment in the second half.

It may have been the one where he was outside the box with the ball, and then stopped for a good 2/3 seconds and looked particularly confused, before turning and passing it behind him.

Or it could have been the bit where he was on the left wing near the end with a great opportunity to counter, and rather than putting in his usual burst of pace, he literally turned around and ran around in a circle with the ball (before losing it).

He was even more strange than usual today. He's amazing at one moment, and then in Jeff land the next.

Archived