Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Funny things Schlupp did

When there was an overhit pass that went out for a goal kick in injury time, Jeff carried on jogging after it and I assumed he would waste time by holding onto it or kicking it away or something. But he literally got to the foot of the ball near the advertising boards, did nothing, then jogged back to position. So good.

That was quality time wasting .... everyone assumed he was getting the ball and they just stood and waited and then had to get it themselves ... loved that!!!

It's a bit concerning how you find his mistakes funny? He sounds a top bloke but I would much rather a left back who is steady and makes little mistakes

why is everything so serious though, most the stuff he does really is funny. just cos he's a footballer doesnt mean it can't be funny. if he worked in an office and did this kinda stuff he'd be everyone's hero, don't see why this should be any different. 

his hilarious contributions rarely, if ever have a negative affect on the team. he does stupid stuff that isn't funny like not marking his man or watching the ball and that's bad and nobody enjoys it, but things like running into people or running straight out of play are just funny 

I will start to be concerned when his mistakes start outweighing his positive contribution.

Well said.

Think some people just have it in for him. Valuable member of the team and he's improving at a decent rate of knots.

two times in 5 minutes be did really well to get into a great crossing position on the left second half. both crosses didn't bounce before they reached our away end.

Yeah, one was a lovely bit of skill to make the space followed by a hoof so far behind the goal I'd struggle to hit it that far if I tried.

The funny things that Jeff does are far outweighed by his contribution to this team. He's become one of the best young players in the Premiership IMO. You can now see why he was courted by other clubs.

and yet people still want him out

The funny things that Jeff does are far outweighed by his contribution to this team. He's become one of the best young players in the Premiership IMO. You can now see why he was courted by other clubs.

I'm glad someone has the same opinion as me.  :thumbup:

I was mocked by a couple of well known posters on here when I said he had all the attributes to be a top class left back if only he could learn the art of his position and defending which comes with experience.

He's arguably the best full back in the PL when it comes to attacking. 

A supreme athlete and I'd love another Jeff as a right back. I suspect his Ghana team mate Amartey was lined up to be our right back when we were interested in him in the summer.

I'm glad someone has the same opinion as me. :thumbup:

I was mocked by a couple of well known posters on here when I said he had all the attributes to be a top class left back if only he could learn the art of his position and defending which comes with experience.

He's arguably the best full back in the PL when it comes to attacking.

A supreme athlete and I'd love another Jeff as a right back. I suspect his Ghana team mate Amartey was lined up to be our right back when we were interested in him in the summer.

Jeff got an awful lot of stick on this forum last season by many posters. And I think I know who you are referring to.

I never got it. I think he's a real asset to this team. Just look at yesterday. Some of the forward runs he made were blistering. If he can get more defensive savvy, he's gonna be a star for this club.

Jeff got an awful lot of stick on this forum last season by many posters. And I think I know who you are referring to.

I never got it. I think he's a real asset to this team. Just look at yesterday. Some of the forward runs he made were blistering. If he can get more defensive savvy, he's gonna be a star for this club.

He's 22 and played over 100 games for the club. He's also got 16 career goals.

We've got players in our development squad who are older than him and have never played a game for us at first team level so the stick he gets from some quarters are unreal.

Archived