Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Guest

ULLOA

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can't see a thread for him but please merge if one already exists.

 

Leo started the year well but he has been very good over the last few weeks as his confidence has returned. What I've liked about him more than anything is the tremendous help he gives defending set pieces. Earlier in the year he was our only hope of not allowing a goal from a set piece but even recently with our three Pillar defence led by Robert Huth he has been essential to this part of our game and part of the reason we have conceeded so few over the last couple of months. Despite not having the pace and tenacity of Vardy and Nuge he has also been working tirelessly to defend from the front and harry defenders and this added to his ability to receive, control and hold onto a ball with his back to the goal has meant he has held onto his place even with Kramaric on  the bench.

 

Nice one Leo, let's hope you kick on from here next season and score 15+

Posted

I think his technical ability has improved as well, his first touch seems to be getting better and is holding the ball up a lot better than earlier in the season!

Posted

I still think that he's a pretty limited footballer for this level and at times this season he's been the opposition's best player. But he lead the line superbly against Newcastle, it was one of the best performances I've seen from a number 9 at New Filbo. He reminds me of Ormondroyd and he'll go on to be a cult hero like sticks was.

Posted

I still think that he's a pretty limited footballer for this level and at times this season he's been the opposition's best player. But he lead the line superbly against Newcastle, it was one of the best performances I've seen from a number 9 at New Filbo. He reminds me of Ormondroyd and he'll go on to be a cult hero like sticks was.

Going to call you on that, even though the rest of the post is good. Really?? I'm pretty sure that even at our worst (when he was isolated/late sub without wingers and on an absolute hiding to nothing) he never made it easy for the opponents.

Far as I can see, his first touch is sometimes wanting and he isn't Vardy/Nugent. But he was almost never our worst player, and with a decent set piece taker he'd have been a threat even when he wasn't involved much...

Posted

I agree with defending set pieces, he sits at the near post area nicely. I really like Ulloa and 12 goals is a good return given we've spent most of the season at the bottom of the league.

Posted

Going to call you on that, even though the rest of the post is good. Really?? I'm pretty sure that even at our worst (when he was isolated/late sub without wingers and on an absolute hiding to nothing) he never made it easy for the opponents.

Far as I can see, his first touch is sometimes wanting and he isn't Vardy/Nugent. But he was almost never our worst player, and with a decent set piece taker he'd have been a threat even when he wasn't involved much...

 

A couple of occasions I can think of, West Ham away, Villa away in cup and Hull home where he's come on and completely negated any good work we had been doing going forward up til then. But as you said he was often isolated and probably I'm being harsh.

Posted

A couple of occasions I can think of, West Ham away, Villa away in cup and Hull home where he's come on and completely negated any good work we had been doing going forward up til then. But as you said he was often isolated and probably I'm being harsh.

 

I think you are.

 

That was at a stage when he wasn't getting many minutes and certainly no "decent" minutes.

 

He's had to adapt to the standard of quality and the different time he's allowed on the ball.

 

12 goals considering he was out of the team for a while is a decent return and for me his defensive help has been beautiful to watch.

 

He does seem to have learned and I can see him moving on from here to having a good season possibly with Kramaric playing a feeding off role next season.

Posted

I think he has played very considering the system played did not always suit his style. He covers the pitch well & is responsible defensively. I think he was a very good signing for LCFC.

Posted

The criticism of him is laughable....especially considering the praise Vardy gets.

 

 

I'm not criticising Vardy in any way shape or form....But it would be a bit like Chelsea fans criticizing hazard and praising willian because he 'runs around more'.

 

 

 

Ulloa is the most complete and best striker we have had since Emile.....so cut him some slack

Posted

We wouldn't have got to this point without him. Well worth the money. It's going to be really interesting to see who establishes themselves as our first choice strikers next year. 

Posted

For me he always puts in a tremendous shift and although at times his technique lacks a certain amount of flair, he still scored more goals than others...........That said he definitely come on a long way more recently and has been excellent at times when playing in a defensive position.

Posted

A couple of occasions I can think of, West Ham away, Villa away in cup and Hull home where he's come on and completely negated any good work we had been doing going forward up til then. But as you said he was often isolated and probably I'm being harsh.

Villa away in the cup?

We were absolutely shit when he was on the bench, and absolutely shit when he came on too.

 

Got to say though I love Leo, gives it his all every game and gives the defenders a hard time, he'll only improve next season and as someone up there said, 12 goals in a side who were bottom for half the season is actually very good.

Posted

Hated him for most of the season, even during his goal glut - there were some real lows when he struggled to even trap the ball and could not gather where the long balls were landing . However I will admit that Leo is slowly proving me wrong as his all-round game develops. More of a Lambert than a Costa but  can be a useful big man for us nonetheless

Posted

Can't see a thread for him but please merge if one already exists.

 

Leo started the year well but he has been very good over the last few weeks as his confidence has returned. What I've liked about him more than anything is the tremendous help he gives defending set pieces. Earlier in the year he was our only hope of not allowing a goal from a set piece but even recently with our three Pillar defence led by Robert Huth he has been essential to this part of our game and part of the reason we have conceeded so few over the last couple of months. Despite not having the pace and tenacity of Vardy and Nuge he has also been working tirelessly to defend from the front and harry defenders and this added to his ability to receive, control and hold onto a ball with his back to the goal has meant he has held onto his place even with Kramaric on  the bench.

 

Nice one Leo, let's hope you kick on from here next season and score 15+

 

His defending of set pieces is great.

 

People on here were saying to drop him for the Chelsea game, my reply was... How can Huth mark Terry, Cahill, Drogba & Ivanovich

 

Puts in a shift for a big bloke!

 

Tunnel cam is very revealing, when he walks (hobbles) off, you can see he's given it everything. Everything he has is left on the pitch.

Posted

A couple of occasions I can think of, West Ham away, Villa away in cup and Hull home where he's come on and completely negated any good work we had been doing going forward up til then. But as you said he was often isolated and probably I'm being harsh.

True, but I'd blame the manager for the tactics there.

Posted

For me he always puts in a tremendous shift and although at times his technique lacks a certain amount of flair, he still scored more goals than others...........That said he definitely come on a long way more recently and has been excellent at times when playing in a defensive position.

 

 

Really? Stoke away?? The little flick against sunderland???

 

 

His technique is very sound....and very foreign, you can tell from his laid back approach when striking a ball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...