Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fuchs

I forgot how awesome this guy is at set pieces and crossing. I've said this before but if we have Albrighton, Fuchs, Cambiasso and Mahrez on the same pitch then our strikers will love it. We might actually score from a free kick too.

Sky Sports Austria did an interview with him a few days ago:

http://www.skysportaustria.at/premier-league/christian-fuchs-mit-leicester-zu-gast-in-der-heimat/

In essence, he's looking forward to the new challenge, his impression of the team in general is that everyone's pretty laid-back, from the owners all the way down to the assistants.

Despite being signed up by Pearson, he doesn't regret the move, as he's been yearning to play in the Premier League for a while and he considers Ranieri to be an impressive replacement, a manager that could and should use his experience to steady the club in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-defender-Christian-Fuchs-aiming/story-27500561-detail/story.html

"The way it looks right now, we're playing with three at the back, and I'm the left one at the back. That's okay for me. I played that system with Schalke for a long time and also back in Austria."

If that's the case I can't see another CB coming in  - maybe as back up with Moore, although I think he'll go out on loan, with Chilwell playing as part of the 3 too looks like we should be ok.

If Fuchs has his eye on one of those positions - with Huth the other certainty - either Was or Wes will be competing for the other position. Then again we do have the tinkerman!

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-defender-Christian-Fuchs-aiming/story-27500561-detail/story.html

"The way it looks right now, we're playing with three at the back, and I'm the left one at the back. That's okay for me. I played that system with Schalke for a long time and also back in Austria."

If that's the case I can't see another CB coming in - maybe as back up with Moore, although I think he'll go out on loan, with Chilwell playing as part of the 3 too looks like we should be ok.

If Fuchs has his eye on one of those positions - with Huth the other certainty - either Was or Wes will be competing for the other position. Then again we do have the tinkerman!

We will get another centre back.

He played in that system, yes. But as a WB, not a CB.

Someone said he played there once for Austria in like 3 years or something, and then in the friendlies (excluding Tuesday) where he looked poor.

• 1 month later...

I thought you meant he had made one. Was it Danns that made one back in the day?

It was called Spitter 2

It was a quiz game where it showed dangly spit and you had to guess the gender of the spitter in question. Fun for 5 minutes but not worth the £6.99 premium pricetag I paid

• 4 weeks later...

How did he get on today?

Looked solid. Although he did have Jeff infront of him putting a shift in. Has a sweet left foot as you're probably already aware, which was showcased with a few nice balls into the box today.

If we are persisting with 4-4-2 I hope they continue playing Fuchs LB Schlupp LM as it worked well on the whole I thought. Schlupp a vastly superior player when his focus is more on attack than defence. Fuchs should prove an asset from set pieces in addition to being a tidier defender than JS, latter can put in a much more effective shift this way rather than the more restrictive prior role. 

Archived