Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Guest CityFan 06

The thought of having our tremendous atmosphere with 40-45000 or so inside is frightening (obviously in a good way lol)

I mean the atmosphere is top draw now with 32k fans, let alone another 10/15k getting involved too. Could continue to be the fantastic boost for the team at home games. Imagine the atmosphere with 42k fans on a CL night as well  :)   :scarf:

Just because the original plans allowed for expansion doesn't mean diddly squat when it comes to planning permission.

As I said in previous posts and threads there will inevitably people protesting any expansion purely based on the extra traffic it would generate.

As we never fulfilled the original planning approval with regards to dealing with the extra traffic based on the increase from filbo to the Walkers by way of a travel plan that included the running of a park and ride i suspect they will find it more difficult this time to convince the planners.

I bet they wont take this veiw when a few 100000 descend on the city at the end of the season.

Increase capacity!!

Living in London rules out a season ticket and I can never get tickets for individual games anymore - was never a problem in the championship! If anyone has any tips on how I can get tickets for individual games, I would be truly grateful.

Increase capacity!!

Living in London rules out a season ticket and I can never get tickets for individual games anymore - was never a problem in the championship! If anyone has any tips on how I can get tickets for individual games, I would be truly grateful.

Get a st johns ambulance uniform, then smooth in at half time when they open the gates, it would be easier than getting a ticket.

Increase capacity!!

Are you a member? Fairly sure any member can get a ticket to whichever game they want bar Man Utd etc.

It's probably too late to get it through planning for end of season now I imagine, and who knows how long it would take. Get the builders in straight after the Everton game and complete by start of season? Seems ambitious.

Surely if it did happen this year it'd mean reduced capacity for the start of next season?! Which would be disastrous potentially!!!

Humdinger! Must say it's sounding more and more justifiable, but also be cautious that we're on the crest of a huge wave. A lot of these new fans will suddenly be busy on Saturday afternoons again if we end up finishing outside the top 4.

Yes but its about long term growth. Say we expand fill it with 40,000 every week and then hit a bad spell, some of those new fans will stay. However this club is growing, we are building for a big future, at some point if we want to make this step we will have to expand. A bigger stadium will raise the status of the club, which will help attract the better players we need to continue this growth as well as better managers. Also to keep the current squad together we need to show ambition, this would be another step in that direction.

Yes but its about long term growth. Say we expand fill it with 40,000 every week and then hit a bad spell, some of those new fans will stay. However this club is growing, we are building for a big future, at some point if we want to make this step we will have to expand. A bigger stadium will raise the status of the club, which will help attract the better players we need to continue this growth as well as better managers. Also to keep the current squad together we need to show ambition, this would be another step in that direction.

Indeed

This

Being a big club isn't defined by how big the stadium is. It helps, but you become a big club by winning stuff.

Maybe, but could you please tell me which club or clubs have won the Prem. title with a stadium that holds less than 40,000?

Possibly Blackburn but look what has happened to them.

My remark about June was tongue in cheek, but the sooner it is started the better.

If we are to become a 'big' football club then imo we need a big stadium.........end of?

Did the city tour a couple of weeks ago and the guide claimed a new stand was already being contstucted off site and would be bought in in sections at the end of the season.

Not sure personally as I couldn't find this information anywhere and still can't.

Can see at happening tho at some stage

Did the city tour a couple of weeks ago and the guide claimed a new stand was already being contstucted off site and would be bought in in sections at the end of the season.

Not sure personally as I couldn't find this information anywhere and still can't.

Can see at happening tho at some stage

That would be pretty cool if true.

Maybe, but could you please tell me which club or clubs have won the Prem. title with a stadium that holds less than 40,000?

Possibly Blackburn but look what has happened to them.

My remark about June was tongue in cheek, but the sooner it is started the better.

If we are to become a 'big' football club then imo we need a big stadium.........end of?

Jack Walker died.

Wait... there's someone out there doing a tour of Leicester? Is there an open top bus or something? Find that hilarious for some reason lol

"And on your right, we have Asda Thurmaston."

You may laugh but a few years ago there was an open top bus tour of Leicester and its surrounding areas.

No brainer really.

I just hope they at least do it in a way that makes the stadium more attractive. Big roof and lose the symmetry please.

The dream would be for the to build forward to make the stands closer to the pitch, but that will never happen.

Archived