Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Huth officially ours

Took longer than I wanted but glad he's signed. Couldn't see him going anywhere else apart from us.

It's a shame Huth had such a long holiday!

Never thought a German would play for us, I'm delighted with this.

You and him should go Taps sometime. I bet he pours the perfect pint.

Really important. Infact, probably a better signing than getting EC back. Huth will be the cornerstone of our defence for the next two or three seasons (unless we buy better). Esteban will only be able to give us another year max at the top level. Good reliable Centre backs are very tough to find. Midfielders less so though someone with the class of EC is. would live to get Esteban back but today's signing is great news for the upcoming campaign.

Funnily enough the first game i attended at the Walkers was City ressies v Chelsea ressies and i'm sure Huth was playing for Chelsea,must have been the season the place opened.(just looked on Wiki...Chelseas young player of the year three years running)

I remember Huth in his younger days was being touted all sorts of things. He won Chelsea YPOTY three years in a row, and has been arguably their best academy product since JT.  Shame that he broke onto the scene, exactly when Chelsea became a force and never gave their youth much of a chance, otherwise I think he'd be Germany's first choice CB. He was a HUGE part of our great escape and I'm glad we've got him on a permanent now. Things are looking upwards for us and we will continue to progress with players like this at the club.

To celebrate, i just brought some Frankfurter Rindswurst sausages and will repeatedly slap my big head into oblivion. It's times like this we must celebrate diversity and pay tribute to our German signing and finally plug it when he makes his first start for us next season. GET IN

Archived