Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Just for the benefit of people reading, any posts or threads that aren't uniformly negative are being deleted, so this thread isn't really representative of fans views. We're not all crying. Some of us have ambition. But that's not allowed on Foxestalk apparently lol how strange for a discussion forum to not allow discussion

Why I thought he was that good

He had the players believing right to the end we'd stay up. The pressure those last 9 games alone would have been immense but it never showed on the pitch as we picked up points. The poor run we had, you could see how close we were to breaking through and in the end we slotted in at 14th. Managers cannot do it alone but what made him so good was he had the players believing in him, the team and themselves.

The owners have not done alot wrong, infact they've done nothing wrong until now...This is a massive wrong though, for the moment, until i've reflected abit, see what comes out in the wash during the next few days i've lost alot of respect for our owners.

What worries me - and the board can't be sure that this won't happen - is that a whole bunch of players, possibly including new ones, will want some serious explanations from the owner.

It's not unthinkable that anyone from Schmeichel to Vardy to Huth could be asking for an explanation from the club this evening. The disruption alone could cripple us.

Whatever, it looks like madness.

I do think that we're done for though now. Ultimately we got here because of Pearson and it would take a huge appointment to carry on his work, for instance a Moyes. However so just can't see it. I think we will struggle to bring in a top name and end up with some half baked championship manager like Dyche and slip to yet another low.

Why? We have a good team and the resources to bring in an experienced manager. I can't understand where the 'we're doooomed' posts are coming from.

I'm currently working abroad this week. So coming back to the hotel and hearing about the news just leaves a shallow aftertaste in my mouth.

For the first time in years, if not decades, I thought we were finally ready to tackle a new season with a long-term goal in mind, with a squad assembled by a management team over the course of more than just half a year. With players working their socks off for the manager and the fans.

As disappointed as I am right now, I accept the board's decision, even though I'll never understand it.

It can't just be his son's behaviour in Thailand, because his son is an adult and responsible for his own actions.

It can't just be the Okazaki signing, because we were scouting him for more than a year already.

All I can imagine is a scenario in which the owners (the majority of the members of the conglomerate that own the club) came to the conclusion that they wanted somebody else and that they had enough with Pearson, deeming him unfit for their own ambitions. I can only hope for a similar development like at Southampton, where we do in fact get better from hereon.

I couldn't take another relegation in the space of eleven years or so.

So, one pawn down, which one(s) to follow...?

Farewell, Nigel Pearson. I've defended you against all odds over the course of many a month, you proved me right, you proved a lot of other believers right, you gave us safety in the Premier League, assembled a worthy squad with great teamspirit and you gave us a record-breaking run, an exciting finish to a memorable season. At times, your media persona got the better of you, but I believe you are a good man and that you must be as gutted as the majority of Leicester fans now.

I wish you well and may you deliver elsewhere the way you did at Leicester.

I can only say.....ditto

You're a bit blinkered if you can't see where the club has and hasn't had success over the last seven years. You clearly will back the sacking of someone you dislike even if they are doing a good job.

Think you need to reread what I wrote.where did I back his sacking? I said when he was sacked last time and reinstated the same night.obviously this as nothing to do with the job he as done.

I don't think we should be slating the owners.

If their relationship with has irreparably broken down - which appears to be the case - then there's only going to be one outcome.

It's a shame, obviously, but these things happen. People fall out with their bosses in any job.

Clearly it relates to his idiot son and his sordid antics.

The owners have not done alot wrong, infact they've done nothing wrong until now...This is a massive wrong though, for the moment, until i've reflected abit, see what comes out in the wash during the next few days i've lost alot of respect for our owners.

They've done a lot wrong. Appointing Sven and the entire approach under him was awful. God knows what happened when Pearson was sacked during the season but that was shambolic and their fault. And this is wrong. Whereas almost every brilliant decision made by the club in recent years can be attributed to Nigel Pearson and his team. The owners have done very little to earn the inexplicable levels of faith most people seem to have in them.

don't even see why they need a good relationship, they ain't getting married. people work with people they hate everyday. get over yourselves and give us our nigel back.

Not sure if it's been posted already, but Dorsett seems fairly certain that it was on the back of Pearson Jr's sacking. Nigel and the owners alledgedly falling out daily since. Can't defend a man defending that. Equally, you can't fault a man for defending his child, irrespective of the age of that 'child'. I'm still devastated. Nigel may have made his bed, but those three muppets forced him to climb in. His own son of all people made him lie in it.

In which direction? Nigel doesn't want to pay or the board don't ????

Is this pure conjecture or have you heard something

Just a gut feeling tbh the situation with fourth official confirming Cambiasso had agreed a deal and then his brothers response just made me think there was something bigger going on 

You said you didn't care who the manager was as long as they did a good job and then gave 2 examples where you did actually care

Not really did I? Anyway I've been at work all day.so can't be arsed with people who've got too much time on their hands to pick the smallest holes.

At the end of the day no-one on these boards knows the true facts and we can pontificate all we like but the decision has been made and that's that. Yes, sure we all want to know the details but we're not the owners and let's face Pearson was walking a tightrope for most of last season and the antics of his son will not have helped either.

Archived