Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Capello is still Russia's coach though isnt he. cant see him walking away from that(wants the pay off) even tho they've been crap...

can you imagine the post match interview?

err err err game err err err football... err err err vardy err err err thank you

Guest MattP

Capello is still Russia's coach though isnt he. cant see him walking away from that(wants the pay off) even tho they've been crap...

He is, somehow he didn't get the sack after the World Cup. He must be on that big a contract they actually can't shift him.

I think given the process we seem to have set in place, we are after a completely different calibre of manager than last time around (sorry Nigel fans) despite some of the names the bookies have placed amongst the mix. For me, they want one thing - someone with a kudos to take us to the next level.

They'll want him to be someone who has won probably all domestic honours going and almost certainly has Europe/Int. Management on the CV.

That is why the likes of Hiddink and Ranieri I'm sure are being touted. Klopp obviously would be an incredible coup for us too.

All I want us to end up with is someone who will sign top class players like Okazaki for fun and transfer us into an Europa League team again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with ambition. Don't want us to have to play away days at MK Dons any time soon...

But how many times does that work out? Not many. If the owners are deadly serious we need to spend some serious cash like Man City but I fear we'll get a high profile manager in and make a half arsed approach signing a load of players for 10mill like Hull / QPR etc did and itll just end up with us having loads of debt and unsettled squad. BUT with FFP we can't 'do a Man City' so the only option is to continue to 'build a team'

Guest MattP

Replacing Pearson with Dyche - Come on guys, it's not going to happen. And rightly so.

The really depressing thing is Dyche is better than a lot of the candidates being linked.

When do we go to Austria? It really needs to be agreed by then, worst case scenario is before the first friendly.

I find myself checking every singe thread on here in case there are any updates because I don't which thread any news will break into first.

Why?  We have a full backroom staff in place without the manager?  Yes it is not ideal but really, we will be fine if the new manager meets the team on tour or even when they get back!

What has Dyche actually done beyond Burnely? He's a gravel-gobbed nob. I doubt any Premier League vacancy will be filled this season by him.

Starting Watford on the right track and was treated harshly. He is quite frankly a better candidate than a lot of people being chucked about.

Would hardly show ambition would it? Pearson was sensible with money but got great value. Dyche just buys anyone valued under £100k

Probably because he didn't exactly have huge amounts to spend.

There is nothing with the jobs he has done, or how he has gone about it. He's just a bit of a dick... and, well so was Pearson if we're honest about it.

Guest MattP

Signing players for 10million on 40k a week will only get you an 'average' player these days to get top class players you need to spend 25million and offer 100k + a week - that's next level

Depends who your manager is. Mahrez was 400k, Vardy was a million. I don't think either of them are average.

Andy Carroll was 32million.

Probably because he didn't exactly have huge amounts to spend.

There is nothing with the jobs he has done, or how he has gone about it. He's just a bit of a dick... and, well so was Pearson if we're honest about it.

Starting Watford on the right track and was treated harshly. He is quite frankly a better candidate than a lot of people being chucked about.

I'd take Dyche. A good fit for us I think. Don't like him as a guy fro some of the things he said, but he was only deflecting blame from is players. Like Pearson would.

What has Dyche actually done beyond Burnely? He's a gravel-gobbed nob. I doubt any Premier League vacancy will be filled this season by him.

What has Hiddink, Ranieri et al done in the last 5 years? They are journeymen managers just like Sven, Houillier they have no hunger left. We need an up and coming manager with hunger to build our up and coming squad.

The more I think about it the more I would like Dyche as boss. Gets the best out of players, plays good football, burnley didn't get thrashed by anyone last year with a much inferior squad. Seems like a steady "team building" manager to me- The nearest to Pearson we will find. Bunley fans would hate to see him go which I think shows more about how good a manager is than most things

West Brom 4-0 Burnley 

Arsenal 3-0 Burnley

They got thrashed a couple of times last season, and it's because Dyches recruitment was shocking. I'm not buying the no money excuse, he had £3m to spunk on Boyd, 2.25m for Jukebox... He's just shit in the transfer market.

Dyche had a cracking 13/14 season but was dreadful last year.

Made crap signings and whinged about having no money, even though he had money.

His team's mentality was completely wrong last year. He was setting up to try and be solid at the back and difficult to play against - ie. draw every game. No bravery, adventure or audacity up front.

Even if you manage to draw every single game in the season - which you won't - history tells you that 38 points will probably still send you down. He just got it all wrong.

Dyche had a cracking 13/14 season but was dreadful last year.

Made crap signings and whinged about having no money, even though he had money.

His team's mentality was completely wrong last year. He was setting up to try and be solid at the back and difficult to play against - ie. draw every game. No bravery, adventure or audacity up front.

Even if you manage to draw every single game in the season - which you won't - history tells you that 38 points will probably still send you down. He just got it all wrong.

They went down by three points, he only had about £10m to spend. He's not as good as Pearson for me, but he really wasn't "dreadful" last year.

What is in the minds of the owners though?? Are they looking to simply fill the position or are they looking to 'upgrade' what they had in Pearson?? Because if 'upgrade' is the name of the game - Lennon and Dyche don't fit.

Is this is a branding exercise? To spread the LCFC brand in the East - then neither Lennon or Dyche are gonna do it!

Another thought - Imagine the colour Dyche would go on a post-season tour of Thailand..................

Burnley were mostly awful last year - perhaps because expectations were so low no-one expected anything but make no mistake, they were pretty crap.

Admittedly Dyche didn't have much money but what he did he have he squandered on absolute dross.

I'd be very disappointed if we appointed him.

Archived