Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Whoever we appoint I hope that the owners make sure that they aren't allowed to come in and change everything too quickly (both on and off the pitch).

It's good to be ambitious but you need a sustainable plan along with it. 

No return of the sh*t or bust days please.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-gaffer-is-over.html

From the above article on how Southampton is run, this quote struck me.  This is what we must try to avoid as well:

"The idea of a new manager having the power to rip up the sports science department, shred the academy, control player purchases and take away the stability in its entirety has to be a positive move."

For every Southampton, you get a West Brom where it went badly wrong and they had to resort to the old fashioned system led by Tony Pulis.

I would say that was probably more down to their choice of manager than the way they ran things off the pitch?

Those managers were appointed because they were happy to be head coach with no control of the players coming in.

Have you read the Southampton article?

Here is another quote from it:

"I ask Reed who calls the shots at St Mary’s. January signings, for example, would involve him, the chief scout, the head of recruitment and, of course, Koeman."

Seriously come on. 'I'd take Dyche'. WTF is wrong with you people? This is Leicester City we're talking about. We're in the Premiership. Why is Dyche even being mentioned?

We're a good club in a strong position. If we're replacing Pearson with Dyche you have to question where the hell this club is going.

Why haven't we been linked with Montella yet. He seem a good bloke.

Because the owners don't know more than about 5 managers who are either famous or former city players and managers. People talk about Southampton but they have such a good set up in researching managers, something we don't seem to have.

Because the owners don't know more than about 5 managers who are either famous or former city players and managers. People talk about Southampton but they have such a good set up in researching managers, something we don't seem to have.

Plus he hasn't got links to Asia. Makes sense.

That's exactly why we talk about them.  We want our owners to learn from them so this doesn't need to happen again.

At the very least, as long as we appoint a manager who won't come in and quickly make wholesale changes on and off the pitch.  Then at least if it does go wrong we can just get rid of them at Christmas and get Pearson back :ph34r:

That's exactly why we talk about them.  We want our owners to learn from them so this doesn't need to happen again.

At the very least, as long as we appoint a manager who won't come in and quickly make wholesale changes on and off the pitch.  Then at least if it does go wrong we can just get rid of them at Christmas and get Pearson back :ph34r:

Yes but when people mention them they say "well it worked out well for them, so it can for us", rather than "we should really learn from the way they do it".

If we haven't been scouting managers for the last six months already, then I really do wonder about the people in charge. It's such an obvious thing to do, especially if... you know, you already sacked your manager once during the season.

Yes but when people mention them they say "well it worked out well for them, so it can for us", rather than "we should really learn from the way they do it".

If we haven't been scouting managers for the last six months already, then I really do wonder about the people in charge. It's such an obvious thing to do, especially if... you know, you already sacked your manager once during the season.

Okay yes, but the reason I posted it is because I hope that one day our owners will learn from them.

Appointing the right manager is as important (if not more so) than getting the right players in.

It needs to be carefully planned and not just done on the spur of the moment like this seems to have been.

Duche - Pearson upgrade?

Personally I don't think any "realistic" managers mentioned are an upgrade on Pearson. I would much rather Pearson still be in charge but Pearson has been sacked so we need a new manager... Appointing a manager that is capable of carrying on what Pearson was building is more important in my view than a "upgrade" which doesn't realistically exist

Just been pondering when we have been successful since I have been supporting city. Usually it has been when we have appointed a young up and coming manager.

Brian Little

To some extent Mark McGhee

Martin O'Neill

Micky Adams

Nigel Pearson

Ok there have been exceptions to this rule, in that we appointed the like of Peter Taylor, Craig Levien, Paulo Sousa(who to be fair had a rough time and we played ok) etc...

If we are unable to get the likes of Klopp(which we won't), I think we should be looking at someone who has achieved a lot with not much. There has to be some decent young managers/coaches  out there even in Lower League or on the continent that would jump at the chance to come to us. 

Only names that spring to mind are:

Dyche

Rowett

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Have you read the Southampton article?

Here is another quote from it:

"I ask Reed who calls the shots at St Mary’s. January signings, for example, would involve him, the chief scout, the head of recruitment and, of course, Koeman."

But it's not happening this Summer....as I said elsewhere we are targeting players Pearson felt we were short on, not what the new manager thinks.

Sean Dyche would be a terrible choice. He's been made out to be a genius for his Burnley achievements, but a lots of that was dependent on good quality players he inherited from Howe, like Ings and Trippier. When he's spent money himself, he's wasted it on rubbish like Jukebox and Sordell. That, coupled with his constant reliance on being perceived as an underdog, and his shameless self promotion, makes him the polar opposite of Pearson in my book. The guy is nothing but a fatter, gruffer, less funny version of Ian Holloway, and nobody wants that.

Based on the mess that we've made of this so far, I'd be over the moon if we could get Sam Allardyce, and persuade Steve Walsh to work with him again. I don't like the guy massively, but his Prem record is solid as a rock, his approach to Sports Science is very similar to Pearson, and I think he'd be pretty happy with the players we've got so far, some of them, like Ulloa, Vardy, Albrighton, Fuchs, Huth, Wes, Was etc would fit into an Allardyce squad with no problems. His style of play has got a lot less agricultural towards the end of his West Ham stint too, so it wouldn't be too bad to watch. A safe choice to stay in the Prem and continue moving up into a solid midtable. Far too sensible a choice though, so it's never going to happen, especially if there's any truth in the rumours that he's already said he's not interested.

Archived