Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Some one has to be taken on this week I've heard they are interviewing.

Pre season break in Austria next week-we will have someone in place for that

I'd like Klopp. I realise we won't be attractive enough for him, but the OP did ask 'who do you want?'

I know some have said he wouldn't suit us etc, but there were a number of people that didn't believe Cambiasso would do well here and the rest is history.

Realistically, I do realise he won't come here. So who will we get? I've got s feeling they may go for Ranierri (spelling?). I just think he might 'fit' what they are looking for.

Would I approve? I can think of a lot worse that have been mentioned.

I just hope it is sorted in the next week or so. As whoever it is will need the pre-season friendlies to get to kind his squad.

Anyone sat thinking now that Dyche will still be a poor choice?

The last thing we need is some past it old codger.....we have a side built on youthful energy and hard work, similar philosophies to Dyche who also likes to give youngsters a chance.

Dyche has never done a bad job at any club....and right now the fact that people will pick the likes of.....

Hiddink/Ranieri - Never had a job similar to ours

lennon - unproven

is quite frankly a joke.

Of course some may question his inability to adapt by consistently playing the same 4-4-2 and players last season, but he wasn't given any resources.

Many of you oppose dyche purely based on some of his 'market leader' comments....but to extent he had a point. Competiting at this level without resources is impossible.

Nah, he's a weasel who spent millions on that lanky cast-off from Coventry and also signed Kris Boyd and Marvin Sordell.

He's a joker. I will be expecting an upgrade from Pearson and Dyche is a downgrade.

Nah, he's a weasel who spent millions on that lanky cast-off from Coventry and also signed Kris Boyd and Marvin Sordell.

He's a joker. I will be expecting an upgrade from Pearson and Dyche is a downgrade.

So klopp or no-one then?

Ranieri/hiddink/lennon are all downgrades.

I've not really said much on the whole Pearson sacking and the search for a new boss, so excuse me if all this has been said before.

I kind of feel we've made a rod for our own back by sacking him, and left ourselves in a no win situation. We've sacked a successful manager who was popular with the majority of fans, whilst we're riding on the euphoria of our brilliant survival. In doing so we've left ourselves in a situation where there are only about 20 managers in the world who the fans would be happy with. And they are the likes of Klopp, Mourinho, Pep etc. IE managers we have no chance of employing. But we've also left ourselves in a position where we are a really unattractive prospect for any half decent up and coming manager. Sure we're in the premier league but why would Lennon, Hassailbaink, Karanka etc want to join a club where the chairman would happily sack a manager who's just achieved their aim. And why would they want to join a club where they are immediately on the back foot because they are replacing a popular and successful manager. They can't win. So we're left in a situation where very few half decent managers are going to prepared to join and we're going to have to employ somebody either totally unheard of, or somebody who done terrible in their last job and has a point to prove. The only attractive prospect for a new manager is the fact we might be prepared to splash the cash, but when has that ever brought a decent boss to mid ranking team.

So in short we're screwed both ways, we can't please the fans and we can't attract a half decent boss. I really hope whatever Pearson did it was worth sacking him over.

I really have no clue any more.  I can't believe we've gone from the highs of Klopp (please, please, please) to the lows of Preki in less than a week! 

What it does show is that I don't think they expected to sack Pearson and something major must have happened behind the scenes (sorry if that was mentioned on another thread, can't keep up with all the posts)

Genuine question here, would you rather have Preki, Iain Dowie or Chris Kamara?

Worst game of Shag, Marry, Kill ever. 

Think the silence from the owners is awful. They don't have to give much away but a denial of Preki and an insistance that they are working hard to find a replacement would be ****ing nice. Starting to think they are c*nts all of a sudden.

Think the silence from the owners is awful. They don't have to give much away but a denial of Preki and an insistance that they are working hard to find a replacement would be ****ing nice. Starting to think they are c*nts all of a sudden.

They are keeping their cards close to their chests. Why is everyone so offended by silence? They're not going to come out and say "we've spoken to Klopp and Hiddink, we'll let you know if they say yes".

people need to get over and accept that pearson is gone and not coming back!!!!! its done deal with it im over it already and just looking forwards to the nxt chapter in lcfc

I think everyone can accept he's gone, still doesn't change the fact it's a monumentally stupid decision, and it's increasingly looking more stupid the longer it becomes obvious we have no idea who to bring in. As I said in my post on the last page, the club has cut its nose off to spite it's face and left us in a no win situation where we have no hope of employing an upgrade on Pearson and little hope of attracting a decent young manager.

Archived