Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

Forgive me not knowing, but who is The Tinker ?  I'm guessing it's Ranieri, from the Steve Walsh comment ?  If so, why is he 'The Tinker' ?

Nicknamed tinkerman for always changing his team, even a winning one

Forgive me not knowing, but who is The Tinker ?  I'm guessing it's Ranieri, from the Steve Walsh comment ?  If so, why is he 'The Tinker' ?

Was known as the tinkerman with chelsea for his complete lack of tactical consistency.

Leicester City: Bob Bradley has not been contacted over manager's job

By Mercury_Sport  |  Posted: July 09, 2015

By Rob Tanner

10467293-large.jpg

Bob Bradley

Comments (0)

Leicester City have not made a move to recruit Bob Bradley as their next manager despite the former USA head coach being becoming the bookmakers' favourite.

Bradley is currently in charge of Stabaek, who are second in the Norwegian league.

The odds on him for the City job tumbled after his former assistant at Chivas in the MLS, Predrag 'Preki' Radosavljevic, stepped down from his role at Sacramento Republic FC on Wednesday night.

Preki stated he was set to take a job in the UK and 'test himself at the highest level'.

That sparked speculation that 57-year-old Bradley, who has been previously linked with Aston Villa, was set for the City job with Preki as his assistant.

But Inge Andre Olsen, sporting director of Stabaek, told the Mercury there had been no contact from City.

"We have heard nothing, but there has been a lot of rumours about Bob since he came here," he said.

"I am not surprised there is speculation because Bob has done a fantastic job here and he would do a great job in England, I am sure."

City appear to be no closer to naming Nigel Pearson's successor as, one by one, the bookmakers' favourites appear to fade away.

Bolton boss Neil Lennon was the early favourite but it is understood City had not made an approach for him as of early this week, when Wanderers headed out for a pre-season tour of Austria.

Guus Hiddink was believed to be the man City wanted but Dutch journalists say the 68-year-old is not interested, while Jurgen Klopp seems to have been a complete non-starter.

The only manager who has openly said he wants the job is former Chelsea, Inter Milan, Juventus and Monaco boss Claudio Ranieri.

Like Preki, Jocelyn Gourvennec of Guingamp is another outsider who has surprisingly come in at short odds for the job.

Although the City job is seen as a fantastic opportunity for most managers, it would appear City are taking their time in identifying a candidate they feel can build on the success of Pearson, who was sacked 10 days ago.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-Bob-Bradley-contacted-manager-s/story-26872002-detail/story.html#ixzz3fPWJUsGi 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

iTQqYpY.jpg

Dan Petrescu just quit his job after one game in charge lump on him to be next manager.

Was it Leicesterpool or Kingfox that wrote Susan a letter about him?

kingfox lol

he used to live in ashby

Dan Petrescu just quit his job after one game in charge lump on him to be next manager.

Was it Leicesterpool or Kingfox that wrote Susan a letter about him?

Ambitious.

Dear Susan

First of all I would like to say, welcome to Leicester City Football Club, I hope you have settled well into your new job. I am a big supporter of our Club and have supported them for sixteen years. I am writing to you regarding my opinions on the future of the First Team Management, I feel that it is better for supporters to bring their opinions and feelings to the Club's attention, rather than complaining to the media on phone ins, or moaning in forums. As you are most likely aware there has been speculation regarding the current First Team Manager's Sven Goran-Eriksson's position at the Club, there have been rumors in the press that his job is under threat, only you will know whether these rumors are correct or not.

The main purpose of why I am writing to you is to bring to your attention the person who I really think the Club should strongly consider bringing in to replace Sven Goran-Eriksson, should him and the Club part company in the near or distant future.

His name is Dan Petrescu and he is well known in this country from his highly successful playing career with Sheffield Wednesday, Chelsea, Bradford City, Southampton and The Romanian National Team. He is currently the First Team Manager of a Club called Kuban Krasnodar, who currently plays in the top tier of Russian Football; he joined the Club at the end of 2009, following their relegation to the Second Tier of Russian Football. In his first season at the Club (2010) he won them instant promotion back to the Top Tier, winning the Second Tier by a nine point margin, they are currently lying in 6th place in The Top Tier and looked destined to finish in their highest position ever and could even potentially qualify for Europe.

Before taking on the role at Kuban Krasnador, he was First Team Manager at a Club called Unirea Urziceni, who were based in his native Romania, the Club are no longer in existence after folding in July 2011. Dan joined the Club in 2006 following their promotion to Romania's Top Tier, and they made excellent continuous progress under his reign, qualifying for The Uefa Cup in 2007/2008 for the first time ever, then the following season (2008/2009) they won the Top Romanian League again for the first time ever, qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in their history.

The man is an absolute genius and if given the chance I believe he could bring wonders to our Club like he has in his current and previous job, I am of the opinion that if Sven-Goran Eriksson does leave us in the future there will be no better person to replace him than Dan Petrescu, he's got highly successful playing and coaching experience, he's fluent in English, knows the English game well, knows the European game well as well and he's still relatively young for a Manager at 43 years old.

I hope you take my views and opinions into strong consideration and if/when a vacancy for the First Team Manager arises, that you and the Raksriaksorn's strongly consider Dan for the role.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH QUALITY

I don't know if it was actually Kingfox, was it? I think he might have been quoting someone else.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/84248-who-was-it-on-here-that-rated-dan-petrescu/?p=2385675

Pretty funny, anyway.

Di Matteo shortening on betfair at 6/1 now

He's 11/1 but yeah some money for him. I think this is just a reaction to the four favourites of this morning being almost all ruled out of the race. For me, the four favourites now should probably be Ranieri, Di Matteo, Shakespeare and maybe Allardyce. I think what that Times journo tweeted earlier today was quite significant.

He's 11/1 but yeah some money for him. I think this is just a reaction to the four favourites of this morning being almost all ruled out of the race. For me, the four favourites now should probably be Ranieri, Di Matteo, Shakespeare and maybe Allardyce. I think what that Times journo tweeted earlier today was quite significant.

Missed that. What was the tweet?

what did the Times journalist tweet mate|?

Missed that. What was the tweet?

I don't know if it was actually Kingfox, was it? I think he might have been quoting someone else.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/84248-who-was-it-on-here-that-rated-dan-petrescu/?p=2385675

Pretty funny, anyway.

Pretty funny, anyway.

Too much time on your hands! :)

Archived