Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Why are people so negative about this? You'd seriously want Lennon bringing in bang average championship or Scottish Premiership players? Be like Craig Levin all over again!

Because both options are awful,our owners like it or not have dropped us right in it.

Because both options are awful,our owners like it or not have dropped us right in it.

Agreed, I'd still rather Nigel not been sacked, but at least a year or two of Hiddink raises the profile and SHOULD attract quality players. No point moaning anymore about what has happened, it isn't going to change anything.

Danny Blind was his assistant at Holland has become the full-time manager there so I'd assume he may well keep the staff we have here. 

Did well at Chelsea but his recent jobs at Holland, Anzhi and Turkey aren't exactly the most inspiring records.

Hiddink as manager? Doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Hope this isn't true.

Haha, brilliant.

Love this forum. Bet there would be similar comments if mourinho took over.

"Got a bad feeling about this Mourinho fella, think we ought to be looking at better than him"

No wonder people laugh at us

Think he's a great manager but not the right fit for our current situation and players. Can't see him being the sort of man to keep the close knit bond we have in our team which is vital, could work but i think it would require pretty much a complete overhaul of the squad

Sven #2.

No ta.

Don't see the comparison myself. Sven was trying to play silly stuff at championship level when we needed grit. Same with Sousa. Wrong timing, chairmen thought it would work, but how many times do you see foreign managers get teams promoted from English lower leagues... Not that often. This is the only option so far I've seen with any chance of progression.

Hiddinks longest tenure at one club has been four years (from what I have read about him) this is anything will be a short term appointment. The board will see this as an appointment to get us to challenge for European spots, if indeed we will be in that position in four years time.

He'll come at a big price and have big bonuses......

I really ain't sure if this is the right move for us, but then again I have never fully believed in promises of European football in such a short space of time.

Archived