Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Don't get how anyone can get picky over the Sven comparisons. Pearson binned in favour of a bigger name who's come off the back of dubious international jobs (Russia, Turkey, Holland) and oil baron clubs (Anzhi), coming towards the end of his career. I see a similar kind of pattern here.

Anyone who's immediately seen a big name they've heard of and automatically assumed it's an improvement is simply narrow minded. No more can be said.

I am prepared to give him a chance. If Pearson's time here taught me anything it's to not write people off before they've been given a chance - but the warning signs are there, I feel like we've been here before and I worry it's all going to go horribly wrong as we piss away our identity, lots of money and possibly even our Premier League status.

The team most similar in size to us that he's managed is Real Betis. He did shite.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet...

But what if Hiddink was lined up already in a consultancy based role to help out big Nige...big Nige got wind of it and told them he wasn't up for working with Guus...and that's where the "differences" have stemmed from.

So Nige was given the boot.

Just a theory amongst many!

But what if Hiddink was lined up already in a consultancy based role to help out big Nige...big Nige got wind of it and told them he wasn't up for working with Guus...and that's where the "differences" have stemmed from.

It's certainly a possiblity

Guus was Holland manger on

Monday

I'm really disappointed in the owners and the board. A 68 year old, who for the past few years has clearly been chasing the money whilst producing nothing in return. He had to "resign" from the Dutch national squad due to sheer embarrassment at not even being in a comfortable position in their Euro qualifiers. His time at Anzhi was a joke and clearly when he knew he wasn't going to do well (after his contract extension) he resigned when the ship was sinking. 68 years of age gives you a clue that he nor the owners are seeing this as a long term project to ensure STABILITY and PROGRESSION at our football club; something Pearson achieved to great lengths!

The players we have at this club are those styled ability and with their mentality to a manager like Nigel Pearson, or Big Sam. Guus Hiddink will his "own" style of players.

This has got Sven written all over it. The owners have seen an attractive manager available on the market to promote their brand, and as with Sven they've rushed to get their cheque books out. Whilst Guus will think "nice few million for my pension when I retire from the game in a few years time".

I'll give him a chance, but be prepared for awe-inspiring individuals who are on big wages and, mentally, are useless if we end up in a relegation dog-fight.

EDIT: I'm sure he is a tax evader as well, or "was" rather ...  :rolleyes:

ok - given how closed door we are - how did this get out? if it were leaked by us we would only do so if we were confident otherwise everyone we approach now will know they were 2nd choice. the speed at which pearson was sacked out the blue and the god awful timing is starting to even make me think, this appointment was at least verbally agreed in principle before Pearson's phone rang

A Van Gaal and Giggs type situation except with Hiddink and Cambiasso??

Shakespeare as head coach, and Walsh still in charge as a chief scout type coach?

Could be worse......

Unfortunately being a typical, down in the dumps Leicester fan it kinda feels more like Fulham bringing in Felix Magath

"@aussiefox1: @RobTannerMerc dutch newspaper de telegraff claim hes up for one last big challenge.and he will meet lcfc officials"

Any dutch lads that could read that and confirm?

Had a quick search on de Telegraaf site and their twitter feed.

Nothing at all for Leicester from today. Only Hiddink references are from when he left the Dutch job.

This is the last Leicester mention.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/24217724/__Leicester_City_zet_Pearson_opzij__.html

Archived