Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

I'm not having ppl saying they wouldn't have hiddink. We are Leicester City - it's not too long ago we had the likes of Martin Allen in charge and Andy Johnson in midfield. We now have had Esteban cambiasso in midfield and we are linked with guus hiddink as manager - lets get a grip.

I'm not having ppl saying they wouldn't have hiddink. We are Leicester City - it's not too long ago we had the likes of Martin Allen in charge and Andy Johnson in midfield. We now have had Esteban cambiasso in midfield and we are linked with guus hiddink as manager - lets get a grip.

OMG don't mention Mad Dog - I just had a major uneasy moment!!! 

Positives - Could achieve a decent finish & will more than likely attract top players.

Disadvantages - Might tear up the squad structure & could leave after a year or two.

One of the better names to be brandished about though so willing to give him a chance.

But that was when the club was on it's knees, those things don't the potential of LCFC nor do they reflect where the current squad is now.

Us having Martin Allen and Andy Johnson once is even more irrelevant to our next choice of manager as Neil Lennon once playing for us is.

Would people rather have Karanka if we could get him?

Honestly I can't say for certain who I think is right, purely because I don't know what the owners plans are for the back room team and scouts. Do we want to keep them, do we want the new person to bring theirs? Do they plan to chuck mega bucks at players, or carry on down the Pesrson route of steady building?

Think the worry is due to what happened with Sven. Admittedly we are in the Prem now so could pull in a higher class of player under Hiddink, but it seems like we'll be spending big. Given recent history that makes me very nervous.

Old and is fairly short-term, so could possibly come in and not care about ruffling feathers as itll be one of his last, if not last job. Just a theory not neccessarily true!

Really not sure about this, it could be all style no substance ie Sven but you would like to think we have learned our lessons.

Although disappointed NP has left, it has been done and the owners have been superb for us so no complaints. Could be exiting times ahead with a strong NP backbone to build upon!

Bollocks? Have you compared records. Spells of club management with decades of international management, with mostly failure. Barely sticks around for more then a year.

Yeah. Sven wasn't much better either. :nigel:

Think the worry is due to what happened with Sven. Admittedly we are in the Prem now so could pull in a higher class of player under Hiddink, but it seems like we'll be spending big. Given recent history that makes me very nervous.

How big we talking?

This is the prem mate.

Apart from Eindhoven in the 80's he has been Just above AVERAGE at best else where at club level

Really he is an old man and the premier league no no country for old men

I'm not convinced at all

So as well as being told he wouldn't win anything with kids, we'll tell Alex Ferguson that old men don't win anything :whistle:

If Hiddink isnt good enough to replace Pearson then i'm not sure who would be.

The difference between Sven and Hiddink is Hiddink has a good record in the Prem with Chelsea (albeit a year). Chelsea players and fans were begging him to stay.

If it happens it would only be for 2 years with the hope that those 2 years are successful ones and then attract a younger manager to move forward again.

This would be superb. Back 3 of Vlaar, Huth and Morgan.

Meh.

I'm slightly torn on this guy.

We seemed to have made an effort over the last few years to try and sign young, hungry players - Knockaert, Mahrez, Kramaric etc.

Then surrounded them with some experience in Was, Cambiasso etc.

It'd be a shame if a guy like Gus came in and changed that philosophy and brought a load of household names on huge wages that had nothing to prove.

But on the other hand he will no doubt be able to bring in Dutch youngsters.

Hence why I'm torn...it'll certainly raise the profile of the club. When an agent calls and Gus answers people know who he is...not sure that Big Nige had the same sex appeal

:(

I produce a post of genuine quality, which took some thinking about and still don't get credit!!

Seemed the best way to sneak Cattermole's name in.

:D

lol im not having it Col!

fwiw, if Hiddink has been approached, then its clearly an appointment with the short term in mind. no idea what his management style is or how he likes his teams to play, and his record of spending a year somewhere and moving on is a bit odd, but its probably what we're after atm anyway. wouldn't be against it.

Apart from Eindhoven in the 80's he has been Just above AVERAGE at best else where at club level

Really he is an old man and the premier league no no country for old men

I'm not convinced at all

Last time he was in England he only lost one game and won the FA cup? Usually, he gets very respectable win ratios. 

Having been against it at first, I was beginning to come round to the idea of Neil Lennon getting the job.

But Guus Hiddink. Wow. We all know how the Sven experiment turned out but Hiddink is a totally different proposition. Yes, there are similarities but Hiddink has a lot more experience at the top level with bigger clubs and, yes, a better national team in the Netherlands.

His career may appear to be taking a bit of a downward turn but I reckon we could provide him with a last hurrah. Cambiasso would re-sign, I'm sure of it.

And, yes, we might just end up spending a substantial amount of money, but considering the potential rewards (another season of Premier League football, a decent cup run, maybe even Europa League qualification, not to mention the financial benefits and the further widening of the fanbase and strengthening of the brand), it has to be an exciting appointment. Just think of the contacts he has in the game and the players who would want to play in the Premier League under him as manager.

Come on Guus, get us into Europe me old son!

I'm slightly torn on this guy.

We seemed to have made an effort over the last few years to try and sign young, hungry players - Knockaert, Mahrez, Kramaric etc.

Then surrounded them with some experience in Was, Cambiasso etc.

It'd be a shame if a guy like Gus came in and changed that philosophy and brought a load of household names on huge wages that had nothing to prove.

But on the other hand he will no doubt be able to bring in Dutch youngsters.

Hence why I'm torn...it'll certainly raise the profile of the club. When an agent calls and Gus answers people know who he is...not sure that Big Nige had the same sex appeal

not sure hiddink is quite catwalk material these days

Archived