Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

Dick Advocaat says he won't return as Sunderland manager...returns as Sunderland manager.

Delph says he's staying at Villa...moves to Man City.

Esteban says he won't sign LCFC contract...

I'm clutching at straws here.

But alot were average , he did well but let's go over board about being the greatest ever.

People get so carried away with things because they are fresh in the mind. Can we call Huth one of our best ever players? He had as big an impact as Cambiasso in the run in. No is the answer!

Keep Qwerty on all the forums ffs.

They were only posting what they had been told.

Or should we all have to write a disclaimer line before our posts! His accuracy rate is still probably 9/10. It'd be a pretty boring clueless place without Qwerty, Albert, Bert and Ramadaone etc

I think it was the nature of Qwerty's posts that got him a slap on the wrist. Stating as fact something that couldn't possible be true was pretty silly. All that detail - and all of it clearly made up.  

Here are two posts:

"He's signed a 1 year contract. It's a new contract rather than an extension. As posted elsewhere he was waiting for he manager situation to be sorted before formally agreeing the deal."

And

"The owners are planning for Esteban to be heavily involved in the development of the club both in terms of players, coaching and marketing. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of stake in club either going forward."

All of those apparent certainties proved to be utter nonsense, yet there were no caveats, such as "this might be true, I've only heard it, I don't know for sure".

I think it was the nature of Qwerty's posts that got him a slap on the wrist. Stating as fact something that couldn't possible be true was pretty silly. All that detail - and all of it clearly made up.

Here are two posts:

"He's signed a 1 year contract. It's a new contract rather than an extension. As posted elsewhere he was waiting for he manager situation to be sorted before formally agreeing the deal."

And

"The owners are planning for Esteban to be heavily involved in the development of the club both in terms of players, coaching and marketing. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of stake in club either going forward."

All of those apparent certainties proved to be utter nonsense, yet there were no caveats, such as "this might be true, I've only heard it, I don't know for sure".

Exactly it has been proven for him to be full of it, I showed people the tweets from Esteban's brother and they believed Qwerty and Fourth official over his brother lol

Anyone read the skysports article on Cambiasso, the skyitalia man argued it wasn't his bad relationship with Ranieri that led to him not signing but rather Ranieri's constant tinkering not guaranteeing him game time bearing in mind him being 35. If it turns out he does move to West Ham and plays every week I have no problem with him, if he doesn't Esteban Cambiasso still played for Leicester City in one of my favourite years in our club history and realistically he could never match last year in terms of the fan's opinion of him especially bearing our record of tunring on our players of the year the next year

I only made it to two games last year, West Ham and Newcastle, both at home. He stood out above everyone else on the pitch both times. Maybe it was his shiney head, or the fact he was always exactly where he needed to be without ever breaking into anything more than a jog, he seemed a class above. I'm so glad I got to see him play in Leicester shirt.

It ended as suddenly as it began; with a short, understated announcement.

Esteban Cambiasso has decided not to renew his Leicester City contract. The Argentine confirmed on Tuesday through his Facebook page that he had quickly declined the club’s offer of an extension, and that he had done so to allow them as much time as possible to source a replacement.

It was the perfect ending; a small gesture which was neatly representative of the calibre of the man. Cambiasso’s footballing class has been beyond dispute for a decade, but in the 12 months that he spent at the King Power Stadium, he has been an absolute credit to his profession.

West Ham target Leicester City’s Esteban Cambiasso

Leicester’s supporters will have their own memories and, although beyond his prime, Cambiasso made a very pertinent contribution to the club’s Premier League survival. His goals against West Ham, Everton, Queens Park Ranger and Manchester United will live long in the memory and provide enduring proof that this fairytale really did take place.

But it was Cambiasso’s emotional engagement in the Leicester cause that made him special.

When a creaking player heads for the Premier League, the warning sirens sound. Prior to August 2014, Cambiasso had collected every European honour available to him and so, in the twilight of his career, a relegation slog in the abrasive English climate was an unlikely curtain-call.

Given the circumstances, it was reasonable to expect him to sleep-walk through a lucrative contract and then slink off into the night.

Those initial negative assumptions were very fair because, for every Esteban Cambiasso, there has been a Patrick Kluivert, a Deco and an Andriy Shevchenko – great players who ignored England during their prime but flew gleefully into Heathrow once the contract offers elsewhere weren’t quite so generous. They came and they collected, but they succeeded only in swelling their bank balances and damaging their reputations.

The Premier League is a looter’s paradise and, for a certain type of player, it offers the chance of one last heist before heading into retirement.

So past experience made us all treat Cambiasso with suspicion; how unlikely that a European Cup winner in his mid-30s should hold any sporting interest in Leicester City.

How wrong we all were.

The logic behind that type of transfer is always the same; an ageing professional is associated with a certain range of qualities and is typically expected to lend a winner’s mentality to his new side and embolden his new team-mates through his sheer presence.

But how often that does that actually happen – how frequently does a player deliver those intangibles and make good on the theory?

Very rarely. But Cambiasso did.

His physical approach in England was very impressive and, still in excellent condition, he was a valuable defensive-midfielder who was – rightly – voted as Leicester’s Player of the Year.

But true admiration for him came from watching his body language and noticing quite how much Leicester’s survival seemed to mean to him. When mistakes were made by lesser players, he didn’t pout or sulk, and during the long, barren run of form the side suffered through, he didn’t mentally tune out or lose interest.

He was, from August to May, the calming presence, the reassuring voice and the steady heartbeat. When the morale of the younger and less-experienced players fell through the floor, he was the figurative arm around their shoulders. When Leicester scored, he celebrated like he’d grown up on the Filbert Street terraces and exuded a passion for the club that nobody could have reasonably expected him to feel.

Given that he had the least to gain from Leicester’s survival, that’s quite extraordinary. For Wes Morgan, Jamie Vardy or Andy King, a prolonged stay in the Premier League represents a life-changing experience and a level of financial gain that, for a long time, probably seemed unattainable. For Esteban Cambiasso though, it was materially incidental; he had nothing left to prove and his success had already been decadently rewarded.

And yet, it seemed to matter more to him than anyone else. That’s a special type of professional, the sort of player who’s worthy of everyone’s admiration.

What happens next, who knows. Cambiasso seems destined to return to South America and his native Argentina but, brief as it was, his time in this country will be remembered for many, many years.

Yes, it really was magical.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/esteban-cambiasso-leicester-city-a-year-in-the-sun/422821#5il6WkcETJ3lYcqm.99

Has anyone come up with Westeban Hambiasso yet?

A month and a half ago when they were first linked with him ;)

Its Leicesterban Cambiasso, not Westerban Hambiasso, GTFO.

Edit: Made that post in the now locked 'depends on his mrs' thread so can't directly quote it and apparently changing the deets in the quote bar doesn't work so just imagine it says "CtL 12 Jun 12:29pm" lol

You know the more I think about it and the more I reflect, the more I don't really care that he's not re-signed.

People go on about Ranieri being a 'short term' appointment but I doubt we'd have got much more than another season out of EC.

He proved his point and did his job - how do we even know he'd have been as good next season? He's not getting any younger - he may have bombed.

We're not a one man team, he was instrumental last season but he wasn't the ONLY one who stepped up.

He may have been one of the best players I've seen in a City shirt over the last 35 years, but one season does not a legend make.

Is he even fit? Has he done the same pre season training as the rest of the squad? It may have taken him 9-10 games to even get into it next season.

Time to move on. Thanks EC and good luck, but my crying is done.

Over to you Danny Drinkwater lol

I seem to have been blocked from posting in the transfer forum so thought i'd drop a quick note here.

We've always posted information thats been given to us because we are fans like anyone else. We want the best for the fans and feel its fair to pass on any information that we are given.

I/We have never stated to be ITK or that we have the inside track on transfers etc. but we do receive information and fell obligated to pass it on.

I understand the frustration with the EC saga. As most people are aware a deal was agreed in principle before the Pearson sacking; thats the information we were given. We were also told he had signed last week but that information was incorrect.

If people would like us to continue posting the information we recieve i am happy to. Likewise if people don't want to hear or dont trust us then we'll stop.

Have you gone a bit schizophrenic? Starting to sound like IndyKaila.

Archived