Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Surely the same person who insisted we have a camp post horn gallop version played full blast every time the team comes out second half.

lol  Yeah I should expect no more really.

Somebody gets a wage down there in charge of the "match day experience" and comes up with this stuff. Probably the same person who plastered #fearless everywhere and thought we'd love a giant Kingpower branded flag.

You couldn't get tickets?

You were the one saying rows of seats were left as no one is touching this game so don't make out you couldn't get tickets.

More like you didn't want to go as it's not a top club we were playing like a few I expect, yet the game, 2nd half more so was probably one of the stand out moments this season come May.

Each to their own and all that but don't make out tickets were hard to come by when you weren't there.

Not having a pop just saying what you've previously posted.

In the villa tickets thread you said you had some.

took me 25 minutes to get through on hold for sunderland tickets. for these i got straight through to our mate adam.

for the man u game last season i was on about mate not yesterdays game. i was in a1 yesterday.

credit to you for digging through all of my posts to try and disprove me though! that's dedication! 

If I remember correctly a lot of fans requested that at the time, not sure what "a lot" would be.

Requested what? A really terrible version of the PHG, when you could just play a perfectly normal one.

I can see them all now, a load of out of touch people saying "What we really need is a modern version of the post horn gallop, you know to get the kids interested".

Sigh... I don't know. Would be nice to have a few football people behind the scenes as there is no way it's football people making these decisions.

Thankfully I usually do my best to avoid the "match day experience" by staying in the pub until the last second. I won't be driving down again in a hurry I know that much!! Gets me there too early and too sober.

Edited by Babylon

Requested what? A really terrible version of the PHG, when you could just play a perfectly normal one.

I can see them all now, a load of out of touch people saying "What we really need is a modern version of the post horn gallop, you know to get the kids interested".

Sigh... I don't know. Would be nice to have a few football people behind the scenes as there is no way it's football people making these decisions.

Thankfully I usually do my best to avoid the "match day experience" by staying in the pub until the last second. I won't be driving down again in a hurry I know that much!! Gets me there too early and too sober.

I think it was played once and "a lot" of "fans" said Ooooo that's different let's have it pretty please and as you know there was no better club at listening to and agreeing to the pleas of the fans at that time.

From that point onwards, it was fantastic, that lead to our comeback and the massively satisfying "YOU'RE NOT SINGING ANYMORE" (if anyone has a recording of that on Sky, I'd love to watch that again).

Perhaps it's unrealistic, but I just like to think that we could be like that at ALL times, regardless of the score.

Not the best but you get the idea.

From that point onwards, it was fantastic, that lead to our comeback and the massively satisfying "YOU'RE NOT SINGING ANYMORE" (if anyone has a recording of that on Sky, I'd love to watch that again).

Perhaps it's unrealistic, but I just like to think that we could be like that at ALL times, regardless of the score.

http://bbc.in/1M40TyS

You're not singing from 2:49:22, plug your earphones in and turn up. The last 30 minutes are a great listen. It was great standing there looking around the stadium with the 4 stands singing and pointing at what was left of the villa support. lol

for the man u game last season i was on about mate not yesterdays game. i was in a1 yesterday.

credit to you for digging through all of my posts to try and disprove me though! that's dedication!

Well I'll be the first to apologise if I got it wrong and I did so sorry, I just remembered you said these weren't selling as you mentioned something like Sunday, sky and being villa. It stuck in my mind, I didn't dig through your posts as I'm not that sad.

Well I'll be the first to apologise if I got it wrong and I did so sorry, I just remembered you said these weren't selling as you mentioned something like Sunday, sky and being villa. It stuck in my mind, I didn't dig through your posts as I'm not that sad.

if anything i respect you for it! a man after my own heart to prove a point. i like it :)

I was in with the prawnies yesterday and even the flask half and half crew were lovin "You're not singing anymore".

Arm gestures, finger gestures... the lot.

I always try my best in b3 to get it going, theres a few people now who join in which is great, better than last season when i was the only one shouting and singing along

And as good as our atmosphere is, look at Liverpools today.

How embarrassing is that? For guys of my age to see Liverpool fans sitting there like they are at the theatre? Dont ever criticise us, we are light years ahead of the scallies. Shankly will be turning in his grave - unless the scousers have nicked his headstone, robbin' bastards.

And as good as our atmosphere is, look at Liverpools today.

How embarrassing is that? For guys of my age to see Liverpool fans sitting there like they are at the theatre? Dont ever criticise us, we are light years ahead of the scallies. Shankly will be turning in his grave - unless the scousers have nicked his headstone, robbin' bastards.

Sad isn't it? I think we are of a similar age because I can remember when the Anfield atmosphere was second to none.

Too many tourists wanting to sample the kop atmosphere and have killed it as a result.

That, and the fact that they are shit, They are way behind and can't compete with the likes of man u, man city, chelsea, arsenal now and clubs like spurs and everton are their level yet their fans seem to still think they're champions of europe.

Edited by Vlad the Fox