Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Anyone else seen or heard Vardy has a chest infection and they are using the groin thing as a cover up?

I do find the whole groin injury thing weird, Ok he went down and at first glace we all gasped and were worried but he completed the game, albeit probably not as intense as he normally would play but still completed the game, seemed to walk off fine, we'd heard nothing about it until midweek last week.

Usually you would hear a player was struggling with said injury either straight after the match he'd done it and he'd have to pull out of joining up with the national team, especially seeing as they are friendlies. The club would put their foot down a majority of the time.

But then I don't get why they would use the groin injury to cover up a chest infection? (That's how i'm reading what you're suggesting)

I also have just read something apprently when he went down against Watford it was a knee injury and he has fluid on his knee. So basically no-one knows what's going on, it all seems to be being kept all hush hush, and seems a very bizarre situation.

The goal-scoring striker was absent from England’s clash with Spain as a knock to the knee during Leicester’s victory over Watford caused fluid on the joint.

So what is it? Groin, Knee, or Chest Infection? :dunno: Let's has some clarification please.

Also is Vardy now gonna be released and come back to Leicester so our physios can have a look at him?

Essentially sums it all up. Lingard couldn't get in the Derby side last season a team that were so crap they couldn't even make the play-offs. Play 5 games for Man United and suddenly you are in the England squad? Shocking decision.

Remember when Dean Marney got his Spurs debut and bagged a hattrick? If Woy was in charge then he'd have 50 caps by now.

Makes you want to pack it all in and support Wales.

Why would the FA cover that up? Usually written off as a virus or somesuch.

I don't know just what I've heard. Personally find it strange that he went down with his groin then played another 30 + minutes in the game against Watford.. same intensity as he normally plays at not featured for England and conflicting reports in the media??

Course we know - because he plays for Leicester and not Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea.

This call up single handedly blows the argument that Hodgson picks players on form out of the water. It always was a complete myth. The big club bias has never been more obvious.

I don't know just what I've heard. Personally find it strange that he went down with his groin then played another 30 + minutes in the game against Watford.. same intensity as he normally plays at not featured for England and conflicting reports in the media??

Fair enough. This lingard shite is complete nonsense though, so many more worthy forward/midfield players out there. Obviously i'll put albrighton out there, but how about Redmond too?

I dare a single one of you to defend Hodgson now. He's a ****ing yes-man who needs ****ing off ASAP. Jesse Lingard lol are they doing it on purpose? How on earth is he getting in over Albrighton or Drinkwater?

Oh wait, I know why, because he plays for a club who England pander to.

What message does this send to the likes of Drinkwater & Albrighton, or even people like Mark Noble and Jason Puncheon? They've all done more this season than bloody Lingard.

I'm sure alcohol in France will tell me otherwise but if it wasn't for the fact I'm going I'd actually hope England lose every game at the Euros. They're a corrupt shambles who deserve nothing but failure.

I'm not defending his (lack of) managerial skills, but I'll give him some credit for not playing Vardy in a friendly if his carrying an injury. Some managers would.

Is the Lingard story true or is it a wind up?

I dare a single one of you to defend Hodgson now. He's a ****ing yes-man who needs ****ing off ASAP. Jesse Lingard lol are they doing it on purpose? How on earth is he getting in over Albrighton or Drinkwater?

Oh wait, I know why, because he plays for a club who England pander to.

What message does this send to the likes of Drinkwater & Albrighton, or even people like Mark Noble and Jason Puncheon? They've all done more this season than bloody Lingard.

I'm sure alcohol in France will tell me otherwise but if it wasn't for the fact I'm going I'd actually hope England lose every game at the Euros. They're a corrupt shambles who deserve nothing but failure.

He should have gone after the absolute fookin shambles that was the World Cup. He got away with that debacle scot free.

We really do need a younger manager to run the International scene, who won't pander to and kiss the arris of the so-called 'big clubs'. Someone who has fresh ideas and plays simply the players in good form.

Won't happen...the FA is one big fat dinosaur. It's a brontosaurus. At least it could be a T Rex.

Course we know - because he plays for Leicester and not Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea.

This call up single handedly blows the argument that Hodgson picks players on form out of the water. It always was a complete myth. The big club bias has never been more obvio66us.

I think to be fair to Hodgson, he has given plenty of players a chance from clubs outside the elite.

Fabien Delph basically nailed down a starting spot despite playing for one of the worst teams in the division, whilst plenty of Southampton players have made the squad in recent years (before being spirited away to the big 6/Liverpool.

I have always stuck up for him because I really wanted him as England manager. He is the only English manager in recent times to have managed in the English top flight and international teams, and his CV demonstrated an aptitude for international football that had been sorely lacking from the glittering CVs of Eriksson and Capello.

I also don't think his performance in tournaments has been that bad. Getting our absolute sh*theap of a squad within a penalty kick of the Euro 2012 semi final was a minor miracle with just 6 weeks in the job under his belt before it started, whilst the 2014 World Cup saw us go toe-to-toe with both Italy (Euro 2012 finalists) and Uruguay (Copa America champions), narrowly losing two games we could easily have won, lining up with adventurous, youthful line-ups.

The big problem right now with Hodgson is simple. Being England manager is the absolute pinnacle of his career. Acceptance and recognition in his own country for a lifetime's work across Europe (and the world).

And he really, really doesn't want to lose the job. But he has been told that his job is under review (quite rightly) and that (again, quite rightly) the outcome of that review will be made clear at the end of Euro 2016.

So right now Hodgson is doing everything he can to keep his job. If he thinks that picking Wayne Rooney to satisfy the FA's commercial needs will keep him in a job, he'll do it. If he thinks that the squad will be more harmonious with a load of Manchester United players in it, he'll call up Jesse Lingard rather than Jason Puncheon. He knows this England team don't have a hope of going beyond the QFs in France, and he'd probably need a SF berth to secure his job on results alone. So he is doing everything in his power to keep the FA chiefs (and other key stakeholders in making a decision over his successor, let's not forget that his number 2 and flavour-of-the-month in footballing circles is former Manchester United captain Gary Neville) happy.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him, I think his comments about Vardy the other day, hanging him out to dry in the press conference, were absolutely ridiculous for a man of his experience, and this Lingard call-up (U21 link or not) is an absolute slap in the face for Albrighton, Puncheon and many others who have performed at a high level for months in the top flight.

Wilfried Zaha, Troy Deeney, Jay Rodriguez, Saido Berahino, even bloody Cameron Jerome have a greater claim to be in the England squad. Hodgsons lack of any sort of imagination is truly impressive. You just need to score one goal for Man Utd these days and you're in the England squad. Pathetic

Agree, Jordan Ibe is having a good season as well by all accounts.

He should have gone after the absolute fookin shambles that was the World Cup. He got away with that debacle scot free.

We really do need a younger manager to run the International scene, who won't pander to and kiss the arris of the so-called 'big clubs'. Someone who has fresh ideas and plays simply the players in good form.

Won't happen...the FA is one big fat dinosaur. It's a brontosaurus. At least it could be a T Rex.

It would be nice to have an attack minded England manager for a change. Woy, Capello even Sven, god they are just too negative. The Bobby Robson and Terry Venables eras were fantastic, exciting and we played at a high tempo. Woy, I know you're reading this, so here is some advice. Stop trying to play "technical football", we are crap at it. For god sake stop picking Rooney or anyone else from the big named clubs. Pick players on skill, form and desire to play please, you clueless ****! 

Now someone's telling me the Leicester Mercury are reporting it's a Hip problem for Vardy.

I know Vardy is will to play with injury's, he already has done.

But i'm sorry Groin, Knee, Chest Infection and now Hip....This needs clearing up, can we have some official confirmation please????

Now someone's telling me the Leicester Mercury are reporting it's a Hip problem for Vardy.

I know Vardy is will to play with injury's, he already has done.

But i'm sorry Groin, Knee, Chest Infection and now Hip....This needs clearing up, can we have some official confirmation please????

Basically ...   he's fvcked.

I think to be fair to Hodgson, he has given plenty of players a chance from clubs outside the elite.

Fabien Delph basically nailed down a starting spot despite playing for one of the worst teams in the division, whilst plenty of Southampton players have made the squad in recent years (before being spirited away to the big 6/Liverpool.

I have always stuck up for him because I really wanted him as England manager. He is the only English manager in recent times to have managed in the English top flight and international teams, and his CV demonstrated an aptitude for international football that had been sorely lacking from the glittering CVs of Eriksson and Capello.

I also don't think his performance in tournaments has been that bad. Getting our absolute sh*theap of a squad within a penalty kick of the Euro 2012 semi final was a minor miracle with just 6 weeks in the job under his belt before it started, whilst the 2014 World Cup saw us go toe-to-toe with both Italy (Euro 2012 finalists) and Uruguay (Copa America champions), narrowly losing two games we could easily have won, lining up with adventurous, youthful line-ups.

The big problem right now with Hodgson is simple. Being England manager is the absolute pinnacle of his career. Acceptance and recognition in his own country for a lifetime's work across Europe (and the world).

And he really, really doesn't want to lose the job. But he has been told that his job is under review (quite rightly) and that (again, quite rightly) the outcome of that review will be made clear at the end of Euro 2016.

So right now Hodgson is doing everything he can to keep his job. If he thinks that picking Wayne Rooney to satisfy the FA's commercial needs will keep him in a job, he'll do it. If he thinks that the squad will be more harmonious with a load of Manchester United players in it, he'll call up Jesse Lingard rather than Jason Puncheon. He knows this England team don't have a hope of going beyond the QFs in France, and he'd probably need a SF berth to secure his job on results alone. So he is doing everything in his power to keep the FA chiefs (and other key stakeholders in making a decision over his successor, let's not forget that his number 2 and flavour-of-the-month in footballing circles is former Manchester United captain Gary Neville) happy.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him, I think his comments about Vardy the other day, hanging him out to dry in the press conference, were absolutely ridiculous for a man of his experience, and this Lingard call-up (U21 link or not) is an absolute slap in the face for Albrighton, Puncheon and many others who have performed at a high level for months in the top flight.

You might be correct with every word of this. Doesn't make it right though. It's a shambles of a situation.

But you are.

Wow, I thought selecting Carrick and Delph as a midfield partnership was the worst selection decision I'd ever seen from an England manager. Now we've got Jessie Pinkman in the squad.

Delighted Vardy gets to leave the toxic crock of shite early though. The further away from the England set up he is the better. It ruins players. Can anyone think of a player in recent years who has improved at all since starting playing for England?

Archived