Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

It's 4.30am out here. I don't want Vardy anywhere near Hodgson. There is no passion or excitement with his teams. The bloke is so negative and his style of play is so boring he'll destroy all the things that make Vardy what he is. Goodnight!

They're playing Spain. Let's have some perspective. Half the Spurs team are out there and we're a above them.

Would our current Leicester team beat Spain do you reckon?

Yet another piss poor, boring England performance. The only way to take on better opposition is to throw the kitchen sink at them. Leicester is a prime example of that. Set up to draw, and the chances are you'll lose. We're not good enough to sustain the pressure for 90 minutes. England will go nowhere under that fvcking old owl.

Shame England produced another negative performance

I can't name many if none of the players tonight who gets you on the edge of your seat once they have the ball.

Sterling has the potential once he doesn't have to do too much defensive which he is poor at.

Hodgsons style of football is boring to watch and very rigid and predictable. The sooner England get an attack minded manager and will play to our strengths which should be a fast paced team the better for my liking.

Also it shows apart from a few players England's back up options are very average.

Players like Alli,Lallana,Dier,Delph,Walker,Carrick don't really add much.

Barkley best of the rest for me.

Typical negative England performance. thank god Leicester don't play like that!!

But it tells you everything you need to know about team bias for England when 3 of the central midfield that played are:

Delph (1 Appearance I think)

Dier (12 midfield PL appearances)

Ali (8 Midfield PL appearances)

yet you've got more experienced, better players that aren't even getting mentioned just because they don't play for a fashionable team. Drinky should be walking into that team with the current injuries.

Understand now why Vardy has been playing left.... Sterling was shit

With Kane and Rooney both been shit with England recently, I can't understand why Woy won't give Vardy the slightest chance to play in the middle up top, especially for the friendlies.

I'd like to see Rooney play in the hole with vardy up top. Rooney injected some urgency and closing down when he came on. Him and vardy harassing from the front and setting the tone for the team could be a decent starting point.

No he didn't! He doesn't close down any fecker, he is lazy and poor. Kane has been learning from him as well, he comes straight out the how to be a lazy striker, make next to no off the ball intelligent runs and expect service for all the obvious runs you make even though they would be intervened.

We didn't even worry the goalkeeper tonight. Not once. That really is poor. They were there for the taking on the counter, but time and time again we insisted on holding onto the ball and slowing down the play, eventually passing it backwards to the defence. We were crying out for Vardy tonight we really were, he would of had a field day playing off the back of that slow Spain back line!

Archived