Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

So according to the Sunday Express Kane is valued at £50 mill and Vardy at £15mill

Man Utd end £50m interest in Spurs star as Louis van Gaal eyes £15m Liverpool battle

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/619551/Man-Utd-Leicester-Jamie-Vardy-Transfer-News-Gossip

So according to the Sunday Express Kane is valued at £50 mill and Vardy at £15mill

Man Utd end £50m interest in Spurs star as Louis van Gaal eyes £15m Liverpool battle

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/619551/Man-Utd-Leicester-Jamie-Vardy-Transfer-News-Gossip

I know it's only the Sunday express but this kinda hits home doesn't it....

Ridiculous bias toward certain clubs

I've mentioned it before, but would probably be true.

If Leicester was based in London, Vardy would be around £25m-30m now; and if he was Kane's age, perhaps the same price as he is now or even bigger with his superior goal-scoring rate.

Honestly, who writes this shit?

In an age where the likes of Blackburn turn down £14m from another Championship club in Middlesbrough for Jordan Rhodes.

Leicester are expected to roll over and have their tummy tickled for £15m for a PL striker who has scored a goal per game this season and looked an excellent player even without the goals.

With £100m+ coming next season from just the TV money why would such a relatively paltry sum whet our appetite? We have three other strikers who cost half that money that are nowhere near as good as Vardy.

Even LVG thinks it's too early.

Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard has been called into the England squad ahead of the friendly with France on Tuesday 17 November. Lingard, 22, will be in line to make his first appearance for the senior national side at Wembley after Michael Carrick and Jamie Vardy were ruled out due to injury.

Following the news, he wrote via Instagram: "Delighted to be called up to the England senior squad, it is always an honour to wear the shirt."

The news may not impress Lingard's club manager Louis van Gaal, however. The Dutchman said just last week the player is "not ready" for the a senior call-up.

"I would say it is too much too early," the United manager said. "We have to wait to see if he is consistent because he is more or less the same age as Memphis Depay."

Lingard was handed his United debut by van Gaal at the start of the 2014-15 season, but a serious knee injury suffered on the opening day of the season derailed his campaign. The United academy graduate has forced his way back into the Dutchman's plans this term, however, making six appearances for the club and also scoring his first United goal in the 2-0 win over West Brom.

Lingard steps in to provide Roy Hodgson's England side with more firepower after Vardy was ruled out by the Football Association. The Leicester City striker, who has scored in each of his last nine appearances for the club, missed Friday's defeat to Spain and will not feature against France having suffered a knock in training.

Carrick meanwhile was stretchered off in the last minute of the 2-0 defeat to Alicante and has returned to his club to undergo further assessment.

Hoddle had a big article in the Mail today. Said (correctly) that England didn't press as a team. He continued, to say that Kane was the only one to press. He seems to have redefined the word "press". Standing 5 yards away, psssively watching, doesn't constitute "pressing" to me. Several times I saw Spanish defenders look over-casual or uncertain on the ball, and I was gagging for Vardy to be there to get in quickly and aggressively at them. Hoddle went on to discuss how the various England striker candidates could play a pressing game. He mentioned everyone in the frame, but amazingly omitted any mention of Vardy. It's clear that he wants to promote Kane to the limit whilst pretending that Vardy either doesn't exist or can't possibly be good enough to be considered for England.

Hoddle should be one of the most respected pundits. How disappointing that he tarnishes his views and his reputation with blatant bias in furtherance of his personal agendas.

Knock in training? Hope he wasn't targeted by the other England players that don't like him

I find all reports conflicting to be honest.

First of all its his groin, then he has a knee injury and now chest infection?

Would players really go out their way to injury Vardy on National Duty? I don't think they would.

So Vardy is out for the friendly?

Also Vardy will not go for £15m. Ranieri has already said it would cost a lot of money to let him leave. £15m in today's game is pittance.

I just hope if someone does come in for Vardy, that hopefully his head doesn't turn and requests a move.

Peronally Englans loss is our gain. If Vardy is fresh for next saturday that suits me and every other city fan.

I give up debating on Englands selection process, we all know come next summer the team is already picked due to the fear factor. This is a key reason why we never do well in tournaments, we dont play our form players.

agree...

Peronally Englans loss is our gain. If Vardy is fresh for next saturday that suits me and every other city fan.

I give up debating on Englands selection process, we all know come next summer the team is already picked due to the fear factor. This is a key reason why we never do well in tournaments, we dont play our form players.

agree... ;)

Hoddle had a big article in the Mail today. Said (correctly) that England didn't press as a team. He continued, to say that Kane was the only one to press. He seems to have redefined the word "press". Standing 5 yards away, psssively watching, doesn't constitute "pressing" to me. Several times I saw Spanish defenders look over-casual or uncertain on the ball, and I was gagging for Vardy to be there to get in quickly and aggressively at them. Hoddle went on to discuss how the various England striker candidates could play a pressing game. He mentioned everyone in the frame, but amazingly omitted any mention of Vardy. It's clear that he wants to promote Kane to the limit whilst pretending that Vardy either doesn't exist or can't possibly be good enough to be considered for England.

Hoddle should be one of the most respected pundits. How disappointing that he tarnishes his views and his reputation with blatant bias in furtherance of his personal agendas.

Hoddle I generally respect the opinion of, but he's being very one-eyed when it comes to Vardy. Completely appreciate the kind of player Hoddle's a fan of, but Vardy isn't actually as bad technically as he once was. He's really improved that side of his game in my opinion.

England are the only country in the world who could treat their most in form striker like this.

I dare a single one of you to defend Hodgson now. He's a ****ing yes-man who needs ****ing off ASAP. Jesse Lingard lol are they doing it on purpose? How on earth is he getting in over Albrighton or Drinkwater?

Albrighton and Drinkwater aren't strikers?

I just hope he's ok for Newcastle. We rely on him so much. Also if he don't play there will always be that nagging what if feeling in terms of getting the record.

Missing a game wouldn't affect the record. It's games he plays in. What would affect the record is if he was trotted out there at 75% and isn't able to find the net. I do worry about that a little bit.

Kane is 22, Vardy is nearly 29, not that we'll be selling for that price just because the Express says that's what he's worth.

Archived