Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Hodgson is a dinosaur, we've played no one, as soon as we meet a decent side thats it..France will beat us too.

The FA will only ever pick a yes man or a dinosaur. Tim Sherwood would be a better manager and I'm not drunk yet.

as tonight shows we have really lost our style of play and certainly don't play with any confidence at all.

I do wonder if the players also find Hodgsons style of football he wants to play poor and unexciting hence why the players ain't really too excitited to be pulling on an England shirt.

A few of the players tonight had a golden opportunity to show they would bust a gut that deserve a place on the plane for 2016 and even they struggled and wasn't sure how they fit into a slow style of play.

Radical changes need to be made within the FA who I feel can be a bit behind the times if they think Hodgson will bring home the world or European cup.

It's way overdue to sack the yes men, and get someone to try something different as this isn't working.

Qualifying against extremely average opposition is expected, any of us could have got England through that qualifying group. Once we come up against anyone half decent Hodgson and some of his style of play is shown for what he/it is....not good enough.

I dont think its Hodgson, Sterling, Delph, even lallana, Barclay, burst forward then stop dead.A few times Kane lost his marker, then the midfield thrust, just stopped.

Sterling is no good if he isnt going to finish his runs.

What is it with the English front 5 (no I dont blame Kane), they started their moves and looked like 11 yr olds, who suddenly found themselves, with too many options, they cut each other up, and ran into each others space.

5-6 times 2-3 English players standing next to each other.English shooting was too overexcited, poor poor for Proffesionals.The players seemed to panic on the ball, thats not Hodgsons fault...

The defence probably, only part that came out ok.Sterling, Barclay look good over 20 meters,

then lose it mentally and look totally confused.

Lallana played too deep IMO, and received a few hospital passes.

I mentioned in General Sport that I didn't think England played too badly tonight.  Up until Spain's wonder goal we were a good match and with a bit of clinical finishing (Kane was dreadful tonight) we could have gotten a decent result.

As it was it's yet another defeat for Hodgson against one of the established nations and he must surely have the worst record of any England manager in fixtures against opposition of this nature.  I can't help but feel the national press, public and even the FA have given up with the national side as it's truly beyond belief that Roy still has the job considering his record.  

Fundamentally we haven't made a single bit of progress in the three years he's been in charge and for me it's time for a change.

I hope they play the game on Tuesday. Shouldn't be letting terrorists win.

Poor game tonight though. It's difficult to see us going anywhere when the best of our young talent is the likes of Sterling and Kane and we're so short in midfield that we're having to play 46-year-old Michael Carrick and an ex villa player who has barely managed 30 minutes of football all season. Drinkwater really should (but won't, for wobvious reasons) have a chance but that's mostly because England's central midfield options are exceptionally limited right now.

Would our current Leicester team beat Spain do you reckon?

Don't think Spain had a shot on goal before their first goal did they? Looked pretty average and England had so many chances to counter that just ****ed it up, though then again our defence isn't as good as England's so no idea

Kane was bloody awful last night. He did absolutely nothing! I honestly can't think of one psitive touch of the ball he had. Barkley (I nirmally like him) behind him is pointless as well if all he will do there is hold onto the ball and run into danger.

I hate watching England it's so infuriating watching us look to counter then suddenly we turn around and pass it back to keep possession. I hate that style of play. Last night there was one counter we made on the right, Sterling went bombing around the back of the defence, had a ball been played at the right time he would have been in on goal, but instead the player on the ball passed it sideways to the right back who popped it back to the keeper. Rightly so sterling just looked at him in disbelief.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the game, but caught some analysis afterwards which confirmed everything I thought about England. They don't know what to do they are being sent out there with no instructions, the cluelessness in pressing made that so evident, we were running around like school boys just leaving massive gaps.

Four years in charge now and we are just a slow lumbering beast. If we at least played an attacking game we would be fun to watch.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the game, but caught some analysis afterwards which confirmed everything I thought about England. They don't know what to do they are being sent out there with no instructions, the cluelessness in pressing made that so evident, we were running around like school boys just leaving massive gaps.

Four years in charge now and we are just a slow lumbering beast. If we at least played an attacking game we would be fun to watch.

No I didn't watch it either. I just was not bothered. Hodgson and his football bores me to Fookin tears.

England leave domestic league's top goal scorer out of squad, fail to score. Go figure.

I'd normally be pissing myself but I'm actually really gutted for Vardy because he's not a kid, he doesn't have his whole career ahead of him, this is is his time. He's riding a wave of confidence, form and good feeling and any sensible manager in the world would have him straight in the side.

Hodgson's going to absolutely ruin the Jamie Vardy story.

Edit: Sorry Mr. Hodgson, my bad!

England leave domestic league's top goal scorer out of squad, fail to score. Go figure.

I'd normally be pissing myself but I'm actually really gutted for Vardy because he's not a kid, he doesn't have his whole career ahead of him, this is is his time. He's riding a wave of confidence, form and good feeling and any sensible manager in the world would have him straight in the side.

He's injured ?

You been hiding under a rock for a few days? Vardy's injured.

Archived