Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

What have people like Drinkwater, Albrighton, Dann, Puncheon, Zaha, Noble, Ward Prowse, Redmond etc Got to do to earn a call up instead of these "Top 5/6" fringe players?

Honestly is so disheartening even for fans let alone these players themselves. Pretty fed up of Hodgson. 

I wonder if Drinkwater and Albrighton even expect to be in Hodgson's thinking.

Yeah they're third in the league in the best form of their life, but did they do a  goal for Man United??? no so therefore they're crap and Lingard's in. 

Mason's inclusion is an absolute disgrace. He's played 8 times in The Premier League this year. He's made 4 appearances from the bench and been substituted every time he's started. He doesn't even have a set in stone place in a Spurs side which provided the only dull game at the King Power all season. The way Spurs play is similar to England, they throw in a good performance every now and then but largely, they're a genuinely boring team to watch who rely on the goals of one man. 

Some stats against Drinkwater:

Appearances 8 - 4 as subs / 12

Average tackles per match - 1 / 2.4

Interceptions per match - 0.4 / 1.3

Key passes - 0.9 / 1.6

Assists - 0 / 3

Passes per game (incredible given contrasting style of play) - 37 / 52

Whoscored.com rating - 6.56 / 7.11

I'm a Leicester fan so obviously I'll be biased toward him but Hodgson is doing all he can to satisfy the FA rather than pick the form players. 

Apparently 2 other Spurs players, Harry Wnks & Shayon Harrison are training with the England squad according to Sky

Seems a bit of a Spurs love in.

Apparently 2 other Spurs players, Harry Wnks & Shayon Harrison are training with the England squad according to Sky

Seems a bit of a Spurs love in.

they were training at Spurs training ground.

Why did they waste millions on St. George's Park to never have the England team train there?

Just read the Sky sports website and Tony Cottee makes a valid point about some players on form eg Albrighton/Zaha/Puncheon. Yet Lingard gets Al call up because of "who" he plays for.

I still maintain this mentality of top 6 club represention over other players is why England won't win anything anytime soon!

It doesn't fill me with any confidence in the FA or Hodgons team selection with call ups of Mason,Lingard or Delph with playing little football this season.

they were training at Spurs training ground.

Why did they waste millions on St. George's Park to never have the England team train there?

Because it is the FA and they will waste money all the time, why have a training ground over a 100 miles from where the team will play? Spurs training complex is by far and away the best in the south

Mason is actually better than Drinky

Like any comment about one player being better than another it is opinion not logic

Does next to fvck all but pass the ball sideways from what I've seen.

on the whole England situation, I wonder who'll be called up next...Tom Cleverley? Ahh silly me, doesn't play for United anymore does he.

England have basically called up a player in Delph who's spent the last two months out injured. When he pulls out injured, we replace him with another players who's not played for two months due to injury. Both play for "big clubs", which seems to be the only reason they've got the call. Absolute joke of a selection policy, no wonder we never progress, in fact we get worse.

Does next to fvck all but pass the ball sideways from what I've seen.

on the whole England situation, I wonder who'll be called up next...Tom Cleverley? Ahh silly me, doesn't play for United anymore does he.

You obviously havent seen much of him.

England have basically called up a player in Delph who's spent the last two months out injured. When he pulls out injured, we replace him with another players who's not played for two months due to injury. Both play for "big clubs", which seems to be the only reason they've got the call. Absolute joke of a selection policy, no wonder we never progress, in fact we get worse.

It is shit that Delph and Carrick got called up to this squad despite hardly kicking a ball between them this season, plus surely Roy knows what Carrick can and cant do by now

I have, baring in mind he's supposed to be surrounded by 'better' players at Spurs than Drinkwater has at Leicester, Mason has never impressed me. And clearly most of the nation agrees.

Almost any player picked for England most of the nation would disagree, if Drinky was picked for England do you really think most of the nation would agree that was the right call up?

Almost any player picked for England most of the nation would disagree, if Drinky was picked for England do you really think most of the nation would agree that was the right call up?

Link on a previous page containing a team of in-form English players.

Play them and there's no arguments surely? If your good enough, then prove it on the pitch.

Archived