Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Missing a game wouldn't affect the record. It's games he plays in. What would affect the record is if he was trotted out there at 75% and isn't able to find the net. I do worry about that a little bit.

I wish that were true, but the record is for scoring in consecutive Premier League games. If he misses a game through injury the run is over.

Missing a game wouldn't affect the record. It's games he plays in. What would affect the record is if he was trotted out there at 75% and isn't able to find the net. I do worry about that a little bit.

Really? Fascinating!

Edit- I realise how sarcastic that sounded, I'm not being sarcastic though....that really is fascinating!!

I've mentioned it before, but would probably be true.

If Leicester was based in London, Vardy would be around £25m-30m now; and if he was Kane's age, perhaps the same price as he is now or even bigger with his superior goal-scoring rate.

Is his rate superior? Yes he is on a good run at the minute, but scored less than Kane this year.

I find all reports conflicting to be honest.

First of all its his groin, then he has a knee injury and now chest infection?

Would players really go out their way to injury Vardy on National Duty? I don't think they would.

As far fetched as it sounds, I wouldn't rule it out. Compared to some of the other England players, Jamie as come from a different background and maybe some of the england starts consider him... lower class?

I wish that were true, but the record is for scoring in consecutive Premier League games. If he misses a game through injury the run is over.

I stand corrected then. That really is a shame though. I've never heard of a record like that where it can be affected even if he completely misses the game. I guess let's just hope he's ready to go Saturday then.

Im fairly sure Sturridges 8 in a row included an injury period inbetween. Its consecutive games that the player plays in.

A quick google search and it says Sturridge scored away at Everton then picked up an injury. After his injury he went on to score in 7 consecutive games = 8 games consecutively he played in.

Kane is 22, Vardy is nearly 29, not that we'll be selling for that price just because the Express says that's what he's worth.

bob smith is 19 but I wouldn't want to buy him.

I was going to ask about the consecutive thing. Seems it has been answered. I suppose being on the bench may include as being down to play and would affect it. If he is injured he is unable to score anyway so would be unfair to count that game if not selected.

I think you  are all underestimating Lingard's achievements this season, he scored a goal, for Manchester United, have you seen them play?

It is incredible enough that he was actually allowed out of his own half, but to then actual score for the second most negative and boring side the league (against the most negative and boring side in the league)is some feat, he even managed to do so without having to go into the box, which will please Roy and Van Gaal, who clearly believe that entering the opposition box is not how the game is played in the modern era.  

I think you  are all underestimating Lingard's achievements this season, he scored a goal, for Manchester United, have you seen them play?

It is incredible enough that he was actually allowed out of his own half, but to then actual score for the second most negative and boring side the league (against the most negative and boring side in the league)is some feat, he even managed to do so without having to go into the box, which will please Roy and Van Gaal, who clearly believe that entering the opposition box is not how the game is played in the modern era.  

Perfect preparation to play for England then, based on Friday.

Im fairly sure Sturridges 8 in a row included an injury period inbetween. Its consecutive games that the player plays in.

A quick google search and it says Sturridge scored away at Everton then picked up an injury. After his injury he went on to score in 7 consecutive games = 8 games consecutively he played in.

It can't be how it work surely! It's making me think though because Derby could(would) extend their record of games without a win if they ever get back to the PL!

So that's based on them rather than Premier League games.

It can't be how it work surely! It's making me think though because Derby could(would) extend their record of games without a win if they ever get back to the PL!

So that's based on them rather than Premier League games.

They would. The record for the most consecutive PL losses is Sunderland when they went down and continued about 3 years later when they came back up.

It's a record personal to Jakie Vardy so only counts games he consecutively played in. If he doesn't play on Saturday the next match he plays in he will still go into it having scored in his previous 9.

It's not that hard to understand.

Archived